Yamaha Aerox 155cc Launch

freedomnow

15 minutes ago, suave said:

Hi all!  I am thinking of buying a base model which they told me is B65000, then they said there is tax of B1900 on top of that.  Is that right?  I thought all prices included tax?

That's not tax on the bike it's the 'on the road' package of road tax and compulsory government insurance I would think.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gmac said:

That's not tax on the bike it's the 'on the road' package of road tax and compulsory government insurance I would think.

Seems a lot for road tax and insurance.

My Kawasaki 650 only came to B800 for both.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, 8168055 said:

My Aerox decided to stop working, at all!...the keyless start maybe proving to be a wrong decision...Any suggestions please?

Take a video of the issue, go to the Yamaha Dealer that you bought it from and show them.

They should go and collect the bike and fix it. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What price are people paying or being quoted for the R model recently?  I am looking to buy one in Chiang Mai, best price I have seen so far is 67,900B out the door.  Surprisingly that is from the Yamaha dealer in old city, which I thought might have been the most pricey?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, thomo1978 said:

What price are people paying or being quoted for the R model recently?  I am looking to buy one in Chiang Mai, best price I have seen so far is 67,900B out the door.  Surprisingly that is from the Yamaha dealer in old city, which I thought might have been the most pricey?

A few months ago in Loei Type R 68000 on the road, mine yellow and black, lovely little bike 100% better than my previous PCX

2 minutes ago, MINIMIGLIA said:

A few months ago in Loei Type R 68000 on the road, mine yellow and black, lovely little bike 100% better than my previous PCX

Thanks. So looks like 67900 is in the ballpark and I don't need to waste too much time and energy trying to screw them down too much more!

2 hours ago, Agusts said:

The RRP prices are given at the bottom of Yamaha website in Thailand:

https://www.yamaha-motor.co.th/automotive/product.php/type/automatic/title/Yamaha-Aerox-155-2016

R version is 66,900 baht, but if I was buying I would buy the Standard version at 63,900..... difference is just wave front disk and rear shock sub-tank... !

Yep life would be grand if everyone could walk in and purchase for RRP.  I have had 3 different prices from 3 different shops in the same city.  It's the on road costs where they seem to try and cream it. 

I think slightly better brakes, slightly better shocks, and (for me) better colour choice is well worth the extra 3k.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, thomo1978 said:

Yep life would be grand if everyone could walk in and purchase for RRP.  I have had 3 different prices from 3 different shops in the same city.  It's the on road costs where they seem to try and cream it. 

They might sell it to you at list if you take care of the registration paperwork and insurance yourself.

13 hours ago, papa al said:

They might sell it to you at list if you take care of the registration paperwork and insurance yourself.

Well I'm only looking at 1000 baht over RRP, not sure it would be worth it....in fact I'm 100% sure it wouldn't be worth it!!

On 6/6/2017 at 4:42 PM, thomo1978 said:

Thats not bad price and when you say out the door is that including the registration? 

On 6/7/2017 at 10:24 PM, Agusts said:

To save 3000 baht just do a quick read about Wave disk breaks and those extra shock tanks, I doubt they make a huge difference in the performance of a scooter - I just came across an article about Wave disk breaks, mainly used for race track bike performance to avoid overheating during high speed competitions, in fact they eat break pads quicker than normal and have less breaking power at lower temperatures, hardly useful for a scooter around town or even at moderate speeds on the road.

I am no expert, I just did a Google search and read a few pages....but I know manufacturers add these extras to grab a few box, so like to check if they worth it.

Saying that the reason for going with R version for better colors, or colors that you like, is a good one... ! 

Your absolutely right but the shocks do make a difference for rebound lot more comfortable.

Has anyone removed that God awful center stand?

Was behind one a few days ago is looks like something from a Soviet Era truck. Must weigh about 5kg too. 

Is it an easy removal - just a few bolts, or is it connected to the side stand and would need to be cut off?

• Like 1

Has anyone removed that God awful center stand?

Was behind one a few days ago is looks like something from a Soviet Era truck. Must weigh about 5kg too. 

Is it an easy removal - just a few bolts, or is it connected to the side stand and would need to be cut off?

555. I haven't seen a center stand yet that doesn't look like it was fabricated by a ten year old.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

has anyone bought one of these after owning a nouvo sx ?

I dont really need to upgrade but its always tempting lol 

is it lower to the ground because the wheels are 2 inches smaller ?

trying to justify the expense for a "faster" scooter but i have big bikes 

that can go plenty fast but theyre useless in bkk in morning rush hr etc 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, papa al said:

Its a lot bigger, harder to shift around in tight parking.

aha thx 

i never really considered that ,from afar it looked about the same size  

i dont have any problems with the nouvo sx  doing average 30km a day in gridlock traffic but the aerox looks more fun 

is the bigger brakes  . traction and shock absorbtion  etc noticably better with the smaller diameter but wider wheels ?

would there be much differnce in something like an emergency stop for example ?