Yamaha Aerox 155cc Launch

freedomnow

7 hours ago, papa al said:

ABS could save the day.

Abs version a bit pricey papa

Would Probably have to order new to get that one

There is standard one for sale beside me going cheap,very tempting 

Many say the NMax/pcx  is built and finished better but it is a bit too large to make those rush hour runs in Bkk.... 

has anyone bought one of these after owning a nouvo sx ?
I dont really need to upgrade but its always tempting lol 
is it lower to the ground because the wheels are 2 inches smaller ?
trying to justify the expense for a "faster" scooter but i have big bikes 
that can go plenty fast but theyre useless in bkk in morning rush hr etc 

I went with the Vespa 150 3V. Feels like a real motorcycle ( quality tires, suspension and hydraulic disc brake system ). Big enough for a big guy, and it slices through traffic.
Nothing really happens when you turn your wrist, but there is the 200 cc model.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

27 minutes ago, RobFord said:

I went with the Vespa 150 3V. Feels like a real motorcycle ( quality tires, suspension and hydraulic disc brake system ). Big enough for a big guy, and it slices through traffic.
Nothing really happens when you turn your wrist, but there is the 200 cc model.

theres also a 300cc model but its more than i would pay for a scooter tbh:smile:

(i have a few big bikes for longer runs and the fun stuff )

47 minutes ago, RobFord said:

ABS is the best thing that has happened to a motorcycle. Only the pros who are doing it all the time on predictable surfaces can haul a bike down fast without locking up and dropping it.

I agree ,even the best riders in the world are normally able to beat an abs system in the youtube tests ive witnessed

does anyone know how effective  abs on the aerox is compared to something like the NMAX with has abs but with a disk on the rear as well ?

Yesterday I went to Mityon, south Pattaya road across TukCom. Price for ABS Version 73900 + 1900 on the road.

I'm 6' and as someone already mentioned my knees would touch the part under the steering. Another thing I found was that the exhaust was sticking out quite a lot but the Aerox is supposed to be slimmer than the PCX 150.

One thing I was disappointed with was that they charge 3% for credit cards. Surprised that a decent size company like Mityon would do that. But TIT

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

On 21/06/2017 at 0:38 AM, boike said:

Anyone know where I can rent an ABS version for a test drive. Between Pattaya Klaang and Pattaya South rd. And from Sukumvit to Beach rd.
Thanks in advance.

Come out of the small market half way along Soi Bukkow and take a right - there is a bike rental place 2 or 3 doors down that has 3 or 4 Aerox's  for rent......

Much better than PCX-153 (the 2013 version that came with the same useless headlights as the 125 did, but had 153cc rather than the new 149cc). The short wheelbase combined with the larger wheels feels more responsive, but this asian suspension is even worse than the PCX (i have the ABS model, the Racing model may be better but i have my doubts). I've bottomed out the rear suspension so many times that the paint on the rear shocks is gone (it's rusty now after just 3000km). The front also bottoms out often, i'm not that heavy 95KG, the pcx felt weird but this is insane. Any suggestions to suspesion upgrades ? I'm not willing to cough up 50k for racing grade Adreani-front-forks/Hyperpro-rear suspension, but i'd like some stiffer stuff. Stock suspention is completely useless.

Edited by KheeeeMotocyyyy

Come out of the small market half way along Soi Bukkow and take a right - there is a bike rental place 2 or 3 doors down that has 3 or 4 Aerox's  for rent......

Thanks. I'll go there for sure.

15 hours ago, KheeeeMotocyyyy said:

Much better than PCX-153 (the 2013 version that came with the same useless headlights as the 125 did, but had 153cc rather than the new 149cc). The short wheelbase combined with the larger wheels feels more responsive, but this asian suspension is even worse than the PCX (i have the ABS model, the Racing model may be better but i have my doubts). I've bottomed out the rear suspension so many times that the paint on the rear shocks is gone (it's rusty now after just 3000km). The front also bottoms out often, i'm not that heavy 95KG, the pcx felt weird but this is insane. Any suggestions to suspesion upgrades ? I'm not willing to cough up 50k for racing grade Adreani-front-forks/Hyperpro-rear suspension, but i'd like some stiffer stuff. Stock suspention is completely useless.

"Racing"  suspension may even be stiffer than the normal one.... 

It's a noble experiment 

I'm about your weight and the aerox feels too cramped around the knee area

I didn't even know the suspension was crap but that sounds really bad because if it can't handle just you... Imagine you had a passenger... 

16 hours ago, speedtripler said:

"Racing"  suspension may even be stiffer than the normal one.... 

It's a noble experiment 

I'm about your weight and the aerox feels too cramped around the knee area

I didn't even know the suspension was crap but that sounds really bad because if it can't handle just you... Imagine you had a passenger... 

I am 5 11 and there is plenty of leg room, sit on the seat properly! the type R suspension is great so much better than the PCX, just avoid the pot holes, simple really?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MINIMIGLIA said:

I am 5 11 and there is plenty of leg room, sit on the seat properly! the type R suspension is great so much better than the PCX, just avoid the pot holes, simple really?

You mean sit on the back (otherwise known as passenger seat?) 

I rented the R version.
Pros:
• Great acceleration
• Quiet in the city
Cons:
• Uncomfortable seat, not for long rides
• The shock dampers are stiff
• Not enough space for knees
• After ½ hour driving in the city and 5 minutes on the 7 I had pain in my lower back.
A foreigner who I know and has a rental shop and has 4 ABS versions had warned me that he had lots of problems with the Aerox.
He gave me a NMAX ABS for an hour free of charge and it was way more comfortable

• Like 1

7 hours ago, boike said:

I rented the R version.
Pros:
• Great acceleration
• Quiet in the city
Cons:
• Uncomfortable seat, not for long rides
• The shock dampers are stiff
• Not enough space for knees
• After ½ hour driving in the city and 5 minutes on the 7 I had pain in my lower back.
A foreigner who I know and has a rental shop and has 4 ABS versions had warned me that he had lots of problems with the Aerox.
He gave me a NMAX ABS for an hour free of charge and it was way more comfortable

I find mine very comfortable, much better than my old PCX.

• Like 1

What problems has he had?

Yes useful to know. I'm just about to buy one, but not the ABS version.

Smart key noy working.
Shock dampers maxed out. Had to replace on 3 bikes.
Rear brake pads worn out on 2 of them.
Disk brake overheating on 2.
These bikes don't have a lot of mileage. But mind you that they are for rent.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, boike said:

Smart key noy working.
Shock dampers maxed out. Had to replace on 3 bikes.
Rear brake pads worn out on 2 of them.
Disk brake overheating on 2.
These bikes don't have a lot of mileage. But mind you that they are for rent.

Maybe the cheap base model without the smart key and abs would be less troublesome.... 

This isn't the first post about the shocks being crap though, someone said 95kg bodyweight  is enough to make them bottom out over bumps... 

Brake pads are a consumable and should be the same as any other bike, overheating disc's I'm not sure how he would be able to tell unless they warped? 

Every bike I get off you could burn your hands on the brake disks if you touched them, sounds fairly normal unless you're riding around like grandma going to market.... 

56 minutes ago, DLang said:

I'm generally cautious about buying the first gen, of brand new models, that have new technology.... especially the first ones off the production line. 

I would definitely skip the top model with the fancy key but odd that basic things like pads and discs should case a problem.

7 hours ago, speedtripler said:

Maybe the cheap base model without the smart key and abs would be less troublesome.... 

This isn't the first post about the shocks being crap though, someone said 95kg bodyweight  is enough to make them bottom out over bumps... 

Brake pads are a consumable and should be the same as any other bike, overheating disc's I'm not sure how he would be able to tell unless they warped? 

Every bike I get off you could burn your hands on the brake disks if you touched them, sounds fairly normal unless you're riding around like grandma going to market.... 

This is my thinking get the standard model, but I do wish they had fitted ABS to all the models, at 64,000 for the standard I am sure they could have priced ABS in.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, nev said:

This is my thinking get the standard model, but I do wish they had fitted ABS to all the models, at 64,000 for the standard I am sure they could have priced ABS in.

The PCX is even dearer and I think it still doesn't have abs 

The nmax is probably a safer bet, abs and disc brake  on both wheels sounds better than  the abs front only and rear drum on the aerox

Aerox is cooler tho.... Flip a coin :) 

7 hours ago, speedtripler said:

The PCX is even dearer and I think it still doesn't have abs 

The nmax is probably a safer bet, abs and disc brake  on both wheels sounds better than  the abs front only and rear drum on the aerox

Aerox is cooler tho.... Flip a coin :) 

I love the look of the Aerox and seems a excellent bike, but the lack of ABS on the standard and R version has left me looking at a second hand  N-max has I have seen a few for sale at around the 60k mark, for that price with the added safety of the abs and discs on both wheels and the bigger fuel tank 6.6lr is great for long trips.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, nev said:

I love the look of the Aerox and seems a excellent bike, but the lack of ABS on the standard and R version has left me looking at a second hand  N-max has I have seen a few for sale at around the 60k mark, for that price with the added safety of the abs and discs on both wheels and the bigger fuel tank 6.6lr is great for long trips.

Someone ordered a new nmax for 72k last week in the other thread (Pcx vs nmax) 

In bkk they quote 82-84k for an nmax

Pcx has 8.xx liters if you like a big tank but I prefer Yamaha over honda myself.. 

I like the nouvo elegance and sx because they had bigger wheels and more guts than the rest of the scooters at that time.... 

Seems like  the trend  is smaller, wider wheels now instead of 16-17" you get 13-14" but thicker

Haven't checked  but I imagine potholes and ground clearance  will be  worse than the nouvo, all things equal a small wheel can into a pothole a big wheel could roll over the top of but small wheels turn faster in the city etc