Yamaha Aerox 155cc Launch

freedomnow

I was going to buy the standard model in white I quiet like the look of it but in the end I bought a N-max and I am really impressed with the dual ABS, I paid 58,000 for a 2nd hand one with only 2,800ks on the clock, if I was you buy the standard and add what you need and you could also change the panels to a more sportier look, or maybed just add the go fast stripes:smile:

• Like 2

After a week rental i am impressed with this bike

Rented  the R  version with the factory nitrogen rear shocks  and did find the suspension very hard compared to other bikes 

I am torn between what to buy 
I wanted the abs model but the rental guy said the abs model is more troublesome than the others and substantially more expensive 

The remote key doesn't always work how it should etc and they only give you 1 (no spare) and if you lose that it costs a crazy price for a new one, (also the stop start fuel saving thing doesn't always start when the lights go green, you can find loads of complaints about it on the Thai language forums) 

Standard is well priced and you can upgrade the shocks yourself to whatever you prefer but the colours are a bit less premium looking than the other models

Any current users have any recommendations? 
(I'll probably buy/order one tomorrow ) 

I've got the standard model in white/black. I love it. Just had my 1,000km service done and it runs like a dream. You won't be sorry.

7 hours ago, speedtripler said:

Rented  the R  version with the factory nitrogen rear shocks  and did find the suspension very hard compared to other bikes 

I wanted the abs model but the rental guy said the abs model is more troublesome than the others and substantially more expensive 

The remote key doesn't always work how it should etc and they only give you 1 (no spare) and if you lose that it costs a crazy price for a new one, (also the stop start fuel saving thing doesn't always start when the lights go green, you can find loads of complaints about it on the Thai language forums) 

Standard is well priced and you can upgrade the shocks yourself to whatever you prefer but the colours are a bit less premium looking than the other models

5 hours ago, nev said:

I was going to buy the standard model in white I quite like the look of it but in the end

1- I bought a N-max and I am really impressed with the dual ABS, I paid 58,000 for a 2nd hand one with only 2,800km on the clock,

if I was you

2 - I would buy the standard and add what you need and you could also change the panels to a more sportier look, or maybe just add the go fast stripes:smile:

+1 !!!

6 hours ago, nev said:

I was going to buy the standard model in white I quiet like the look of it but in the end I bought a N-max and I am really impressed with the dual ABS, I paid 58,000 for a 2nd hand one with only 2,800ks on the clock, if I was you buy the standard and add what you need and you could also change the panels to a more sportier look, or maybed just add the go fast stripes:smile:

Nmax is a nice machine but after renting both this week I liked the aerox better, just bought one in black and yellow and it's great fun for burning around town 

IMG-20170728-WA0004.jpeg

• Like 2

Nmax is a nice machine but after renting both this week I liked the aerox better, just bought one in black and yellow and it's great fun for burning around town 

IMG-20170728-WA0004.thumb.jpeg.5553bc3d82ec5eb8d9390dc5af7183f1.jpeg

congrats on your purchase, very nice color combo, is it the R version?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, jdee88 said:

congrats on your purchase, very nice color combo, is it the R version?

Yes, lol

I don't know how much difference there is between R version and  the stock suspension but this one feels good to me... 

(Yss suspension is 3-4k and ohlins is around 17k) 

I tested an abs model with the upgraded yss and it didn't feel as good as the rental... 

Yes, lol
I don't know how much difference there is between R version and  the stock suspension but this one feels good to me... 

(Yss suspension is 3-4k and ohlins is around 17k) 

I tested an abs model with the upgraded yss and it didn't feel as good as the rental... 

well i think there's a bit of a difference between the standard and the R, i own the standard and i can say that the shocks on the S aren't well made, coil fit is a bit looseIMG_5941.JPG

1 minute ago, jdee88 said:

well i think there's a bit of a difference between the standard and the R, i own the standard and i can say that the shocks on the S aren't well made, coil fit is a bit looseIMG_5941.JPG

A few minor niggles I noticed

The mirror stalks are a bit short for perfect visibility and there is no hook to hang a bag of groceries at the front, but the bike is a real bargain for the price

The performance of that engine alone makes it worth the money imo

The acceleration is surprisingly quick for a 155cc scoot and it's still agile like a cat weaving through bkk traffic.. 

If you own a 125cc or something Test drive one of those, you will be impressed 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, speedtripler said:

IMG-20170728-WA0004.jpeg

Enjoy mate, the main reason I got the N-max is the safety factor as for me it is mainly highway driving 25 ks back and too to town, and the price I paid had a helmet riding jacket and gloves thrown in as the owner was going back home.

I still love the look of the Aerox but the N-max is more practical for me right now or until the X-max comes out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nev said:

Enjoy mate, the main reason I got the N-max is the safety factor as for me it is mainly highway driving 25 ks back and too to town, and the price I paid had a helmet riding jacket and gloves thrown in as the owner was going back home.

I still love the look of the Aerox but the N-max is more practical for me right now or until the X-max comes out.

You got a good deal, don't worry about it

Bigger wheels have a greater contact patch and the emergency stop testing was very good on the aerox 

I was going to buy a second hand one but the rental guy said you may as well get a new one if there is only 5k difference.... 

At least you know it ain't been wrecked/repaired etc

• Like 1

A few minor niggles I noticed
The mirror stalks are a bit short for perfect visibility and there is no hook to hang a bag of groceries at the front, but the bike is a real bargain for the price

The performance of that engine alone makes it worth the money imo

The acceleration is surprisingly quick for a 155cc scoot and it's still agile like a cat weaving through bkk traffic.. 

If you own a 125cc or something Test drive one of those, you will be impressed 

yeah, i agree with you on all points it's really a fun scooter to ride more stable at speeds compared to Mio MXi 125 which i sold prior to having the Aerox, i know the shox ain't a big deal after all, speaking of bkk traffic, i'm sure Manila road traffic is no different than there?

Has anyone bothered to do the slow engine break in method? I went the opposite way to see what happens, rode home from the shop at 120, very fun :smile:

Is the first service due at 1000km? 

(I haven't collected the manuals or the greenbook yet) 

On 28/03/2017 at 11:22 AM, DLang said:

1 hour ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Has anyone done a GPS check of the speedo yet?

It's probably 10% optimistic. So showing 120kph is really only 108kph. 

Yes, that was only the indicated speed 

If youre really serious about speed you

Need to get 17" bicycle wheels, and no mirrors, obviously... Lol

Screenshot_20170730-112107.png

Screenshot_20170730-112206.png

Screenshot_20170730-111934.png

42 minutes ago, Namplik said:

Ridiculous those last photos....

Agree, ruins the look of the bike and why o why take off the wheels they are suited to the bike.

Wonder if any of them want to sell the old wheels and tyres I would buy and see if I could put on my NMAX.

3 hours ago, nev said:

Agree, ruins the look of the bike and why o why take off the wheels they are suited to the bike.

Wonder if any of them want to sell the old wheels and tyres I would buy and see if I could put on my NMAX.

Yes, actually  they do sell them

You can find them on Thai classifieds and I guess the people who sell those bicycle wheels have a stockpile 

Spare rear suspension too for 1k

• Like 1

1 hour ago, speedtripler said:

Yes, actually  they do sell them

You can find them on Thai classifieds and I guess the people who sell those bicycle wheels have a stockpile 

Spare rear suspension too for 1k

Are you saying that Aerox stock 14" F/R wheels-tyres will fit on the NMax? If so, that would make the NMax a 100% winner? And if so, why have anyone mentioned this before, I wonder???

9 minutes ago, Ahnsahn said:

Are you saying that Aerox stock 14" F/R wheels-tyres will fit on the NMax? If so, that would make the NMax a 100% winner? And if so, why have anyone mentioned this before, I wonder???

One thing to consider, Nmax has rear disc brakes, aerox doesn't.

22 minutes ago, vcpilot said:

One thing to consider, Nmax has rear disc brakes, aerox doesn't.

Point taken .... Is it possible to fit a 14" rear 140/70 wheel - tyre combo to the NMax and add a disc brake?

• Like 1

On 28/07/2017 at 9:54 AM, speedtripler said:

The cost for a new remote 1,100 baht.

The remote workes well for me each time without any problems.

What you've got to remember is not to turn it off and on all the time.

Remember once you walk away from the bike the bike will lock automatically and once you approach the bike it will unlock automatically you do not have to keep on using the remote to turn it off and on all you need to do is to have the remote in your pocket and that's it it's that simple.

What you've been doing is turning the remote on and off each time when you got off the bike where you don't need to just keep it in your pocket  and on at all times. The bike will Sense the remote once you're near it and once you walk away from it. It will automatically lock and unlock the bike... does that make any sense to you.

Edited by Eli1
  • Like 1

On 02/08/2017 at 9:43 PM, Ahnsahn said:

Point taken .... Is it possible to fit a 14" rear 140/70 wheel - tyre combo to the NMax and add a disc brake?

Remember these guys a disc brake does not work too good in the wet that's why the drum brake is handy for the back.