Yamaha Aerox 155cc Launch

freedomnow

I bought a Yamaha GT125 that I think was owned by a boy racer before, it had very narrow tyres and a flat seat, I could not handle either so changed back to standard, in fact the narrow tyres where dam right dangerous and I nearly came off after the tyres ended up in a rut in the road but I luckily managed to stay upright.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, nev said:

I bought a Yamaha GT125 that I think was owned by a boy racer before, it had very narrow tyres and a flat seat, I could not handle either so changed back to standard, in fact the narrow tyres where dam right dangerous and I nearly came off after the tyres ended up in a rut in the road but I luckily managed to stay upright.

Not sure why the flat seat makes them go faster but I have seen it.. (weight reduction?), :)  

There is a huge gang of boy racers  who gather in bkk and they close the road and have drag races at late night... 

Those skinny bicycle wheels on a motorcycle are very dangerous and they usually inflate them rock hard too

I usually put good quality  tyres,  10mm wider than stock on my nouvo  is good,  it makes a huge difference in grip and braking .... Best investment after a helmet imo

• Like 1

2 hours ago, speedtripler said:

Not sure why the flat seat makes them go faster but I have seen it.. (weight reduction?), :)  

There is a huge gang of boy racers  who gather in bkk and they close the road and have drag races at late night... 

Those skinny bicycle wheels on a motorcycle are very dangerous and they usually inflate them rock hard too

I usually put good quality  tyres,  10mm wider than stock on my nouvo  is good,  it makes a huge difference in grip and braking .... Best investment after a helmet imo

I made my seat flat as well (Yamaha GT125). I feel, as you sit a bit lower down you have a lower centre of gravity and therefore the bike handles better.

I tried it on my first scooter and would never go back. It's the first thing i do to any scooter I buy here.

• Like 1

I made my seat flat as well (Yamaha GT125). I feel, as you sit a bit lower down you have a lower centre of gravity and therefore the bike handles better.

I tried it on my first scooter and would never go back. It's the first thing i do to any scooter I buy here.

Pictures please.

My wife told me the reason boys have the flat seat so the girl on the back slides and has to sit with their pussy right against them, could be something in this reason 5555.

That's correct and also their top part . That's why you always see the girls holding the boys tight on motorcycles. Reminds me a bit of when I was young. Lol [emoji23]

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

16 hours ago, macknife said:

I find it hard to believe that you sitting 1 inch lower would make any difference to the handling, especially on a scooter.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, nev said:

My wife told me the reason boys have the flat seat so the girl on the back slides and has to sit with their pussy right against them, could be something in this reason 5555.

A design feature of the early Vespas. :whistling:

8 hours ago, Henryford said:

I find it hard to believe that you sitting 1 inch lower would make any difference to the handling, especially on a scooter.

There's a lot of foam in those seats, so it's more like 2-3 inches.

2-3 inches can make all the difference. :wink:

• Like 1

I'm considering an Aeorx to replace my Click for a better hiway ride but I'll be damned if I can find any info on the manufacturer's warranty.  Anybody here know what it covers and for how long?

3 hours ago, just bob said:

I'm considering an Aeorx to replace my Click for a better hiway ride but I'll be damned if I can find any info on the manufacturer's warranty.  Anybody here know what it covers and for how long?

Looks like 3yrs and 30,000km on the brochure they gave me... 

20170707_204448.jpg

1499435215456151084945.jpg

Edited by speedtripler
  • Like 1

My favorite scooter that I have ridden in Thailand was the old Nuovo Elegance 135. I am 6'3" and with its big wheels and fairly narrow frame, comfortable seating position and good handling it had everything for me anyway.

If I was to get a new generation bike which model would give me the closest feel to the old Nuovo Elegance?

Just now, Jeddah Jo said:

My favorite scooter that I have ridden in Thailand was the old Nuovo Elegance 135. I am 6'3" and with its big wheels and fairly narrow frame, comfortable seating position and good handling it had everything for me anyway.

If I was to get a new generation bike which model would give me the closest feel to the old Nuovo Elegance?

Nouvo sx125i is the closest but they stopped making them

If you want to buy new probably something like nmax or Pcx is the best fit 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, nev said:

Well I ended up buying a 2nd hand NMAX with only 2800ks on the clock for just under 60,000baht including riding jacket and gloves and a excellent helmet and a tip box on the back.

Excellent bargain and I am very happy.

4e8adbbffcd66e586c9d8fafb3edee78.0.jpg

Congratulations ...... on your nice looking scooter! Looks like an excellent buy. It's power, dual discs and ABS make it a winner!! 

Is the Nmax adequate for 2-up riding (56 kg and 90 kg people) for routine 30 km rides into the city? Would not those 13" wheels - though wide - be a negative for comfortable 2-up riding?

6 hours ago, Ahnsahn said:

Congratulations ...... on your nice looking scooter! Looks like an excellent buy. It's power, dual discs and ABS make it a winner!! 

Is the Nmax adequate for 2-up riding (56 kg and 90 kg people) for routine 30 km rides into the city? Would not those 13" wheels - though wide - be a negative for comfortable 2-up riding?

Not to sure about two up as I have only gone solo. 

But I will test a few runs into Khonkaen  22kd from my place two up and post about how I go.

On 10/07/2017 at 7:29 AM, Ahnsahn said:

Today I did about 70ks with my wife on the back mainly highway riding. The NMAX handled us both with no problem, I would say average at 80ks sometimes I got up to 95ks and still lots left if I wanted to push further.

Fuel the dial showed just over 30ks/ltr which was not to bad.

It is a excellent bike pulls up very quick when need be.

By the way I am 81k and my wife is 63k and it coped very well indeed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nev said:

Today I did about 70ks with my wife on the back mainly highway riding. The NMAX handled us both with no problem, I would say average at 80ks sometimes I got up to 95ks and still lots left if I wanted to push further.

Fuel the dial showed just over 30ks/ltr which was not to bad.

It is a excellent bike pulls up very quick when need be.

By the way I am 81k and my wife is 63k and it coped very well indeed.

Excellent! Excellent! Thanks for the first hand road test! It's good to hear that the N Max has more than enough power to carry 2-up! How did it handle the bumps and pot holes?

I see the Aerox next to the N-Max at the Yamaha dealer and except for the wheel match-up, the N-Max wins in every category. The Aerox looks too sporty for my tastes.

57 minutes ago, Ahnsahn said:

Excellent! Excellent! Thanks for the first hand road test! It's good to hear that the N Max has more than enough power to carry 2-up! How did it handle the bumps and pot holes?

I see the Aerox next to the N-Max at the Yamaha dealer and except for the wheel match-up, the N-Max wins in every category. The Aerox looks too sporty for my tastes.

We hit a few bumps and pot holes and I would just say never really noticed much, the brakes by the way are fantastic and gives you added confidence on the crazy roads and drivers here.

Love the bike and the 58,000 I paid incl the jacket helmet and gloves, and not forget the box on the back was well worth the drive back and too from Khonkaen to bangkok.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, nev said:

We hit a few bumps and pot holes and I would just say never really noticed much, the brakes by the way are fantastic and gives you added confidence on the crazy roads and drivers here.

Love the bike and the 58,000 I paid incl the jacket helmet and gloves, and not forget the box on the back was well worth the drive back and too from Khonkaen to bangkok.

You sold me on the N-Max! I only hope that Honda comes out with its new generation / updated versions of its PCX 150 and Forza 300 before I buy.

Nice looking bike for sure. Part of me has this feeling though that once above 125cc I'd rather get away from the standard auto-scoot styling, the main reason I'm erring more towards an NMax or new style PCX when it comes. Bigger problem for me though is that here in central BKK the bike is little more than a shopping trolley and has only had a couple of hundred K put on it in the last 6 months so it's hard to justify an upgrade.

Posted using Tapatalk

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Ahnsahn said:

^ ^ ^ .... very contemporary looking!:thumbsup:  Looks way better than the Aerox, IMHO, of course, but wouldn't this be classified as a (non-automatic) motorbike or motorcycle?

You maybe right but I just love the look of it, and you can see it is built solid and quality.

7 hours ago, nev said:

This is my next bike when it comes out, a Kawazaki super boss 175.

I think this will blow the pcx's Aerox and NMAX out of the water.

unnamed.jpg

I'm pretty sure that isn't even a real bike. Part Ninja 300, Part Z800 and part some scooter on the top.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, macknife said:

I'm pretty sure that isn't even a real bike. Part Ninja 300, Part Z800 and part some scooter on the top.

greatbiker.com/kawasaki-เตรียมสร้างรถ-super-cub-175cc/

Maybe you are right but it looks like it is in the pipeline to be released.

Maybe just a concept right now but who knows.

greatbiker.com/kawasaki-เตรียมสร้างรถ-super-cub-175cc/

Edited by nev

PS...

Yes, it is sportier and a firmer ride.  You pay on the flats and collect in the curves.  Its not a comfort cruiser.  Its a fun bike.  Come on you guys...  You're not that old yet.

• Like 2