Yamaha Aerox 155cc Launch

freedomnow

On 28/07/2017 at 7:48 PM, speedtripler said:

A few minor niggles I noticed

The mirror stalks are a bit short for perfect visibility and there is no hook to hang a bag of groceries at the front, but the bike is a real bargain for the price

The performance of that engine alone makes it worth the money imo

The acceleration is surprisingly quick for a 155cc scoot and it's still agile like a cat weaving through bkk traffic.. 

If you own a 125cc or something Test drive one of those, you will be impressed 

Mate you can buy a hook I did it's perfect.

Hogwash

It's about brake balance. Try emergency stops using the rear only, front only, and then both. See what locks up.

The rear brake does next to nothing.

The Vespa 150 GTS (discs) is so well balanced that the rear only locks up for the last three feet under full brake. Won't lock at all with new sticky tires.

And that's without ABS.

Obviously some bikes have discs on the rear because it's less expensive, and disc brakes are more powerful than a drum. But it's about the balance. Most braking is on the front and the rear easily locks.

I believe the Click has a single lever for both brakes so you don't screw up too badly.

https://www.thoughtco.com/how-to-brake-on-a-motorcycle-2399405

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 02/08/2017 at 6:02 PM, Ahnsahn said:

Are you saying that Aerox stock 14" F/R wheels-tyres will fit on the NMax? If so, that would make the NMax a 100% winner? And if so, why have anyone mentioned this before, I wonder???

I said I've seen thais selling them

Not said whether they will fit or not! 

I would guess no because when you hit a bump the shock will depress and cause the Tyre to rub but you can try it out anyway

Smaller profile tyres on 14" might work too but that kinda defeats the purpose 

21 hours ago, Eli1 said:

Remember these guys a disc brake does not work too good in the wet that's why the drum brake is handy for the back.

You'd have to come up with some substantial evidence to support that statement mate. And I think you'll be searching a long time!

In fact it's the opposite. Drums can be susceptible to water ingress and will be somewhat less effective until they're dried out by friction heat. Discs do not suffer from this as there is nowhere for water to accumulate.

Edited by Moonlover
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, RobFord said:

I believe the Click has a single lever for both brakes so you don't screw up too badly.

Some premium Clicks have this system, known as Combined Braking System. (CBS) Mine does and it's very effective. I only ever use the left lever now for normal braking, reserving the right, front brake lever for emergency only. So far In 2 years plus riding I have not had to use it in anger.

I've been following this thread because I'm planning to upgrade soon. Whatever I choose, it will have CBS. It's worth the extra investment IMO.

Edited by Moonlover
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Moonlover said:

...Drums can be susceptible to water ingress and will be somewhat less effective until they're dried out by friction heat. ...

Took a crappy company car to the airport in wet weather once and parked it for the better part of a week.  Made the mistake of setting the parking brake.  On my return, a rear drum had rusted to the brake shoes.  I had to jack it up, remove a tire and beat the drum with the tire iron to free it.  May have done both. Just what one needs at about 10 p.m. on the return journey.

Edited by Damrongsak

I am about to buy the Aerox ABS version tomorrow. I have been following this thread and a few others the past weeks and the Aerox convinced me :). I do have a problem ( like previously mentioned, and the only reason I was / am hesitating to buy it )...There is very little leg room ( I am 189cm ). My knee ALMOST touches the the pointy part of the frame. I have about 1/2 cm between my knee and the frame.

I saw some Aerox with a modified seat that could be the solution for me. Are there websites that specialize on aftermarket products for motorbikes in thailand and preferably in English? Where do you guys shops for motorbike accessories?

I am about to buy the Aerox ABS version tomorrow. I have been following this thread and a few others the past weeks and the Aerox convinced me :). I do have a problem ( like previously mentioned, and the only reason I was / am hesitating to buy it )...There is very little leg room ( I am 189cm ). My knee ALMOST touches the the pointy part of the frame. I have about 1/2 cm between my knee and the frame.
I saw some Aerox with a modified seat that could be the solution for me. Are there websites that specialize on aftermarket products for motorbikes in thailand and preferably in English? Where do you guys shops for motorbike accessories?

People with long legs might struggle a bit riding this scooter.

I"m also hoping someone to address where to buy accessories for this bike..[emoji1]

Sent from my E6683 using Tapatalk

Parts I've found;

All Facebook on the web.

TM Shop

Likeitracingshop

Murizaki Shop

I believe those are all in Bangkok.

In Chiang Mai I had the forks done at The Piston Shop.  Nat the owner speaks excellent English and even if you ask nice he wont let you try his Ducati 996.  555

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, speedtripler said:

Where can you order or go get a hook? 

Are they aerox specific or any aftermarket hook will work? 

A couple posts above yours "just bob" posted a couple of FB names / shops that have aftermarket accessories. The facebook page also shows their website.

https://www.japanhobby.net/

https://www.likitracingshop.com/

I saw they had hooks for the aerox, which I will order. There are a few things on their I dont know what they are and will have to find out the coming days before I order the hook.

49 minutes ago, speedtripler said:

Where can you order or go get a hook? 

Are they aerox specific or any aftermarket hook will work? 

Maybe this one from Yamaha, it has the part number on the pic.

20637952_1585213911502144_3596768990074531080_n.jpg

10 hours ago, speedtripler said:

"Real racing"  on a  'Hardly Ableson lol

Yeah......nuf said  :smile:

Yeah, oddly enough.  According to a Wiki article: "Riders on XR-750s have won 29 of the 37 AMA Grand National Championships from 1972 to 2008 inclusive."  And it's been Harley since 2008. Maybe they turn left really well?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, nev said:

Maybe this one from Yamaha, it has the part number on the pic.

20637952_1585213911502144_3596768990074531080_n.jpg

No, theres a much larger one than that, 

Its made of squared steel tubing by the look of it and painted gold

I saw one on an aerox parked a couple of days ago but didn't see anyone around to ask 

Something Like this :  

images (14).jpg

Edited by speedtripler

As of today I am a proud owner of a new Aerox 155 ( I got the ABS version ). It comes standard with one remote...I was able to negotiate a second remote and a bag holder as pictured above...and that wasn't easy :)

On my way home, after about 1km a light turned on ( engine overheating light I assume it is ). Did a U-turn and went straight back. Mechanic said it was normal at the beginning. I wasnt too worried because it is under warranty and I have video of the light being on and speaking with them. Heading back home, the light turned off. Shortly after they came to pick up the bike to look at it again...lets see what happens.

Sounds a bit weird to be honest. First they say it's normal and then they come to your place because they got worried? Just to change their mind again and tell you all is fine? If this was normal behaviour then why would they come to you to pick it up? Why would Yamaha build something like that? I wonder if other owners can confirm this as happening to them as well. I mean I can understand a brand new bike being a bit hotter during run-in but to get to a temperature that is high enough to trigger the overheating light after 1km is a bit of a stretch unless that was 1km of stop and go traffic on a hot day.

2 hours ago, eisfeld said:

Sounds a bit weird to be honest. First they say it's normal and then they come to your place because they got worried? Just to change their mind again and tell you all is fine? If this was normal behaviour then why would they come to you to pick it up? Why would Yamaha build something like that? I wonder if other owners can confirm this as happening to them as well. I mean I can understand a brand new bike being a bit hotter during run-in but to get to a temperature that is high enough to trigger the overheating light after 1km is a bit of a stretch unless that was 1km of stop and go traffic on a hot day.

Its not normal for sure, warning lights did not come on mine

4 hours ago, NiwPix said:

As I finished the post, they showed up and confirmed it was normal. The initial setup of the bike or something like that. But they confirmed there is no problem.

Time to enjoy the bike :)

did they make sure it had water and oil in it? Maybe worth checking yourself.

I'm going with they forgot to put the oil in, fobbed you off at first, realised what they'd done, came and picked the bike up, put the oil in and told you it was normal. You will never know now though!