Canned salmon?

Hal65

Why would you but that canned junk?  Tesco, Big C and Makro have started to sell individual pieces of vacuum packed  salmon, 140 grams each, a little small.. I bought 4 the other day for 50 baht each and they are very good especially properly seared in butter and a little olive oil and finished with a squeeze of lemon juice and some capers.  If you want it dry and flaky like that canned crap you could always skin it and steam it to death!  Sorry canned meat or fish of any kind, other than anchovies, is not my idea of food!

Canned salmon in Thailand is very expensive.  168 baht for a 200 gram can at Lotus.

https://shoponline.tescolotus.com/groceries/en-GB/products/6005971853

2 hours ago, wayned said:

canned junk

Yet many chefs and cooks consider it superior for making salmon fishcakes.  To quote Delia Smith, "The thing to remember here is that good-quality tinned salmon makes better fishcakes than fresh, so don't be tempted to cook some salmon just for this."

I came across a English guy here who lived on tinned salmon.He was one of the most unfortunate people I have ever met.Thai wife taking all his money.Claimed he couldn't eat Thai food at all.Still wearing the same clothes he wore in Uk nylon long sleeved shirt and tie long heavy weight trousers and black leather elastic sided shoes.He couldn't comprehend that I wasn't interested that the price of tinned salmon had gone up yet again.Have not opened a tin here in fifteen years

1 hour ago, Oxx said:

Yet many chefs and cooks consider it superior for making salmon fishcakes.  To quote Delia Smith, "The thing to remember here is that good-quality tinned salmon makes better fishcakes than fresh, so don't be tempted to cook some salmon just for this."

Yes... it does.