where to repair broken glass frame

domdom

Hello

I had new glasses made last year with a very expensive frame I purchased in Europe,, Unfortunately the part connecting the frame to the 2 branches doesn t work anymore on one side.. In Europe I could only throw everything to the dustbin which has a high cost due to the frame price and the fact glasses fitting my eyes are very complicated and so, very technical and very expensive

Would anybody know a place where I could try to have this fixed /

Thank you very much

Have a nice evening

Maybe not as big a technical problem as yours, but the nice man at First Optical repaired a broken arm on mine.

https://goo.gl/maps/9cAfyPMDSBG2

At worst he may be able to take out your special lenses and fit them to a similar frame. Cant hurt to ask him anyway.

Edited by KittenKong

I've always used the same opticians here and when I went in one time to get some new ones I took an earlier set of frames that had separated at the bridge. Not only did he weld them back together seamlessly, it was free. 

Basically what I'm saying is take them into any opticians and ask. It won't be free, but they can probably be fixed at a low cost. There are some good technicians out there. My good technician is at Ho Waen (หอแว่น) inside Tesco Lotus on Sukhumwit Road, South Pattaya.

If its a Titanium or memory metal frame, I don't think you'll find anywhere that can repair them properly with a welded joint.

First optic as mentioned earlier should be able to fit your old lenses into a new frame very cheaply.

If its a Titanium or memory metal frame, I don't think you'll find anywhere that can repair them properly with a welded joint.
First optic as mentioned earlier should be able to fit your old lenses into a new frame very cheaply.

First Optic welded a broken Nike Flexon frame that has held up for over a year. The technician isn't in-house (I think she said he was in Naklua) butwas done in 2-3 days and cost around 500 baht.