Bangkok is cheapest place in Southeast Asia that people actually want to visit: TripAdvisor

snoop1130

3 minutes ago, fruitman said:

So you think Europeans who go 3 times a year on holiday want to go to BKK? For what? Yes for a stopover to Australia maybe and stay there 1-2 nights which is enough. If they wanna stay longer they go to the coast, Phuket Samui are the places to be (not that's it's so great there though).

Guess all the chinese book BKK hotels and they also count as tourists. For them it's a village compared to Shanghai or Beijing with clean air and everything fantastic because they don't have sleezy nightlife at home, not even youtube.

Just compare who books the hotelrooms in London or in BKK and see what they spend and who they are.

Europeans the "only" tourists to Bangkok .....I think not

And AGAIN...this thread in only about "Bangkok is the cheapest" in southeast Asia "That people WANT to visit".

Must be something that is difficult to understand in that ....Because you certainly don"t....ESPECIALLY for someone who lives here!:shock1:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Of their top ten destinations, Bangkok came in at the lowest cost "

Yes, nobody wants to go to the other destinations in Northern Thailand that are 1/2 as cheap as Bangkok, where you can get a clean hotel room for as low as 200B a night, yummy meals for 30B and MORE things to do than Bangkok, many of them absolutely FREE.

Right. ?

1 minute ago, SiSePuede419 said:

"Of their top ten destinations, Bangkok came in at the lowest cost "

Yes, nobody wants to go to the other destinations in Northern Thailand that are 1/2 as cheap as Bangkok, where you can get a clean hotel room for as low as 200B a night, yummy meals for 30B and MORE things to do than Bangkok, many of them absolutely FREE.

Right. ?

Well are there also direct flights to Chiang mai from abroad? I've never heard of them but they might be new.

Yes i believe BKK is double the price of Chiang mai, we spend hours in traffic jam everyday that raises prices.

But a hotelroom for 200 baht? Even a taxiride from 30 minutes costs more.

Europeans the "only" tourists to Bangkok .....I think not
And AGAIN...this thread in only about "Bangkok is the cheapest" in southeast Asia "That people WANT to visit".
Must be something that is difficult to understand in that ....Because you certainly don"t....ESPECIALLY for someone who lives here!:shock1:

You can continue to explain it for them but sadly I've realise that many expats are on the same mental level as Isaan rice farmers. This thread is testament to that!

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, fruitman said:

Well are there also direct flights to Chiang mai from abroad? I've never heard of them but they might be new.

Yes i believe BKK is double the price of Chiang mai, we spend hours in traffic jam everyday that raises prices.

But a hotelroom for 200 baht? Even a taxiride from 30 minutes costs more.

Yes there are direct flights to Chiangmai from abroad and have been for years.  We never stop at swampy/Bangkok when flying from Australia, can't stand the place.

I enjoy the bus  system of  Bangkok and especially the sky train, where you can even get out to Swampy if

you are flying somewhere. The pollution  in Bangkok means you do not really need much sun blocking

lotion.  Lots of great restaurants to eat at and lots of cheap hotels and inns, as well as all the

expensive ones. Entertainment is everywhere, and good places to shop at, not just at the Malls.

I have also enjoy ed  some time ate Chang Mai and near by. I may spend a few more dollars and

spend a night or two at Shangrala Hotel on the river. I have been there and enjoyed tea, and bisquits, so

this time I will try a night there for sure. The   Landmark is another place I have had a few great

meals and entertainment at as well.

Geezer

On 12/3/2016 at 8:30 AM, williamgeorgeallen said:

i am pretty sure pattaya is cheaper than bangkok. half the price for twice the fun as far as i can see.

Can you please help me understand the cheapness of Pattaya. Walking street is much more expensive than nana plaza or soi cowboy and less friendly. I want to go back to Pattaya but what areas of Pattay can I go for cheap pretty girls and entertainment? I did not find these cheap areas last time. 

Can you please help me understand the cheapness of Pattaya. Walking street is much more expensive than nana plaza or soi cowboy and less friendly. I want to go back to Pattaya but what areas of Pattay can I go for cheap pretty girls and entertainment? I did not find these cheap areas last time. 

I think he was referring to the coconut bar/beach Rd hooker combo

6 minutes ago, Wake Up said:

walking st is for tourists. soi boucow is for anyone who still lives in actual pattaya. jomtien beach is where  i spend my money. 60thb beers. 1000thb for the girls. rompo markets are a great place to go and kick back. take a walk around and for sure you can find a girl to fall in love with for the night. PM me if you want more details, always happy to help out a fellow monger. might cost you a beer.

walking st is for tourists. soi boucow is for anyone who still lives in actual pattaya. jomtien beach is where  i spend my money. 60thb beers. 1000thb for the girls. rompo markets are a great place to go and kick back. take a walk around and for sure you can find a girl to fall in love with for the night. PM me if you want more details, always happy to help out a fellow monger. might cost you a beer.

Agreed jomtien Is great, always stay view talay 3 months of the year and spend the rest of the year in Bangkok. However it's pretty slow and wouldn't do much for trip advisor Bangkok tourist

Just now, mcfish said:

Agreed jomtien Is great, always stay view talay 3 months of the year and spend the rest of the year in Bangkok. However it's pretty slow and wouldn't do much for trip advisor Bangkok tourist

there are some hot girls in those gentlemans clubs around jomtien and pratumnak as well. make sure there you check out kinaree. some of the go go free lancers go in there and they are not allowed to charge more than 1000thb. take them out of a gog go bar it on walking it will cost at least 3000thb plus barfine.

1 hour ago, mcfish said:

I think he was referring to the coconut bar/beach Rd hooker combo

1 hour ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

i have never done, nor will i ever do coconut bar/beach rd. i prefer to pay a barfine.

Don't know coconut bar/beach rd. 

Was on walking street three nights never to return.  Too many tourist groups with flags, outrageous bar fines, and bitchy girls. Did make it to soi 6 and soi 8 off beach road but a lot like walking street and not worth it. 

When I came to BKK on business and stayed at J W Marriott it is less than half the price of any JW Marriott in the world except the ones in Shenzhen China. Can stay in BKK four or five nights for the price of one night in NYC, Chicago, Los Angeles. Taxis in BKK no question cheaper than any city in the world other than Shenzhen which are comparable, a little more expensive but better quality. 

On personal visits I stay at Darwin hotel for 50 or less USA dollars a night and it is clean, food good, staff great and walking distance to Nana plaza. 

When I go to America I am lucky to find a Farfield Inn for 100 bucks a night.  Most of the time it is more expensive than the BKK JW Marriott. 

So for a business travelers no question BKK is cheap ( Marriott, Sheraton, Hilton) the Ritz and competitors of the Ritz are expensive everywhere in the world. 

I have never found another big city with 50 dollar rooms like the Darwin and many type Darwin hotels exist in BKK. 

I live in Bangkok.

How expensive it is to live here is based on your preferred standard of living.

You can pay $150 dollars a day if you wnat to, or you can spend less than $40 dollars a night.

I live in a 34 square meter studio apartment resisidense with weekly maid cleaning service, a flat screen television with 80 channels of television (Thai and international channels), free laundry service, and a small convienance store and a restaurant downstairs.

Most meals are less than 200 Baht.

I have 24 hour internet access in my room with a monthly fee of 430 Baht for 30 days.

I just paid my mnthly rent here of 18,500 Baht for the month of November 2016

i have a 3 monthly contract, rent payable each month.

It works for me and is all I need

I get a U.S dollar pension of about 1500 dollars monthly which is more than I need to live happily on here in Bangkok.

I know of similar residenses in Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh City) which are slightly lower in cost.

If you want to see the URL online of where I live and the rates for specified types and sizes available yu can find all the details on www.Tanatawyplaces.com

Go on the net and look it up.

33 minutes ago, Wake Up said:

Don't know coconut bar/beach rd. 

Was on walking street three nights never to return.  Too many tourist groups with flags, outrageous bar fines, and bitchy girls. Did make it to soi 6 and soi 8 off beach road but a lot like walking street and not worth it. 

if you wank to go out in pattaya you should probably go to soi boucow, still a bit of fun to be had there although soi LK metro is becoming more and more like walking st every year. i avoid pattay completely and just hang out on jomtien.

On 03/12/2016 at 2:01 PM, TSF said:

I own a 5th floor one-bedroom apartment in Walcott St, Mt Lawley with 180 degree city panorama, fully furnished, approx 3K from CBD, rented for $210 per week, and I was bloody lucky to get that tenant on a 12-month lease, the Perth property market is saturated with vacant flats & houses and the owners are dropping rentals by the day in desperation to hook a tenant. I'd be delirious with joy if I could get anything close to 3K a month. Even at the height of the mining boom when rentals were sky-high max I got was $1400 per month.

However, in essence I agree with what you say here.

Are there anymore as cheap as this in Perth?

On 03/12/2016 at 2:01 PM, TSF said:

I own a 5th floor one-bedroom apartment in Walcott St, Mt Lawley with 180 degree city panorama, fully furnished, approx 3K from CBD, rented for $210 per week, and I was bloody lucky to get that tenant on a 12-month lease, the Perth property market is saturated with vacant flats & houses and the owners are dropping rentals by the day in desperation to hook a tenant. I'd be delirious with joy if I could get anything close to 3K a month. Even at the height of the mining boom when rentals were sky-high max I got was $1400 per month.

However, in essence I agree with what you say here.

I was talking about hotel type accommodation.  Send me a message, I'll consider renting it when it becomes vacant.