Hundreds of police on 24-hour standby to arrest Phra Dhammachayo

rooster59

4 hours ago, bsdthai said:

Governments can be overthrown but a monk cant be caught?

This ones for the ages.

Thais are so scarred to step on toes, scarred of backlashes etc. The only thing to fear is fear itself. Get the guy already. Yall acting crazy!!!!

Dont be scarred.....

He's not an average monk, this one is supported by thailands captains of industry to name a few. 

Nobody can predict what will happen if he gets arrested. 

He got huge gifts and didn't pay tax, alright, but that's pretty common for the thai and especially the vely rich ones.

Thai don't like to look into gunbarrels which can be anywhere.

btw what is scarred?

Edited by fruitman

21 hours ago, fruitman said:

He's not an average monk, this one is supported by thailands captains of industry to name a few. 

Nobody can predict what will happen if he gets arrested. 

He got huge gifts and didn't pay tax, alright, but that's pretty common for the thai and especially the vely rich ones.

Thai don't like to look into gunbarrels which can be anywhere.

btw what is scarred?

Yes well aware of his wheeling and dealings.

Who likes to look in to gunbarrels?

Scarred of a backlash of his supporters and buddhists alike who sympathize and feel monks know better than any authority..

22 hours ago, Chip Allen said:

One monk.....hundreds of police. 

The monk's easy.  The hundreds of supporters, not so easy.

Unless you don't mind hurting or killing a bunch of them.  But they're smart enough to know that's not a good plan.

On 03/12/2016 at 9:24 AM, Briggsy said:

Thailand is not China.

In China if you have followers and a movement that is not sanctioned and under the auspices of the Communist Party, you are toast. You will be crushed.

In Thailand the administration is reluctant to move against powerful groups because overnight it creates an opposition movement. So the Thai model is to work from the outside in (harry, harrass and inconvenience the low level supporters, the grassroots and slowly work up) and not to slice off the head until the grassroots are neutralised.

That is what we are seeing now.

I really believe that you are wasting your time here Briggsy trying to explain the situation. The level of ignorance displayed by the average poster on this thread is unbelievable. Methinks they have all just got off the boat. They have really no idea on how this country operates. 

On 03/12/2016 at 9:28 AM, harada said:

If he'd been picking mushrooms the ponce would have been in Bang Khwang receiving a bit of hard love long ago. :goof:

Ponce?

You have no idea the power struggles that are going on here. Who is behind this cult? I can't say but it's common knowledge. How many cults can build a temple for US$1,000,000,000 ?

4 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

Ponce?

You have no idea the power struggles that are going on here. Who is behind this cult? I can't say but it's common knowledge. How many cults can build a temple for US$1,000,000,000 ?

I agree. However, you would think though that the law is the law. He should have been dragged off kicking and screaming allready. Oh what am i talking about. Forget where i am.... Power struggles are for the corrupt. Put them all away i say so i dont need to keep seeing the monks smug mug on the tv and tv....