Thai pet id microchip database

We brought our microchipped cocker to Thailand just over a year ago and with all her papers and a Halo Scanner Angel chip reader I thought I had covered all the bases. However, my beloved whose dog it is and who dotes on the dog has either lost or we never received the chip id from Petlog UK. We have the receipt for the implant and the labels on everything giving the implant number but cannot access the UK database to change the address to Thailand.

It may of course be irrelevant as I suspect they only cover UK and EU anyway.

My question then is can anyone point me to a Thai pet id database where we can register her with her excisting number (no doubt for a hefty fee of course!) I assume Thailand has one, my only regret is that I have only just realised that I should have asked my wife to do this a year ago but did not.

• 11 months later...

Hi,

Did you ever make any progress on this?  My UK vet told me the microchip could be logged on a Thai system as a foreign chip but I draw a blank with my Thai vet when I ask about this?  She gave me the impression such databases don't exist in Thailand..?

Thank you!

Actually yes - costs 1000 baht to chip the dog in Thailand OR to register details of existing UK chip. I did tell the UK folk we had moved, they noted the new address in their database but that is as far as they would go. The pet hospital in Bangkok on Ramintra did give us a paper but my wife has lost it and for various financial reasons we had to drop the whole thing as we came into possession of 3 extra dogs.

All I know is they do it in Bangkok but we don't know where anymore. You could call the animal hospital and ask them, see screen shot attached.

Animal Hospital.jpg