TrueVisions to lose BBC Entertainment package

maddermax

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 05/12/2016 at 11:19 AM, Prbkk said:

But doesn't that cost much more in data?

Yes it does,much more if like me you don't have internet through hard wire/cable and rely on a mobile package. Last month my internet bill cost 2666 baht plus 450 for the flakey and for ever freezing/ buffering ilikehd. Just had True platinum installed with 50% discount so just over 1000 baht for next four months on a six month contract. The relief of not having to continually tinker with ilikehd settings ,interruptions,and having a decent programme guide ,search facility and reminders is a blessing,and much better picture quality too. After four months I can reduce the package anyway to a much cheaper package and just pay 299 baht for football. The demise of satellite is greatly exaggerated!

1 hour ago, Gandtee said:

BBC Entertainment is no big loss. My brain hurt from too much Dr Who and camp guest shows. 

The guest shows were annoying and one of the main reasons I stopped watching it. It was good as an additional source of news though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2016 at 10:58 PM, tropo said:

A veiled insult to people who pay for cable TV?

Yeah, I do. 300 baht a month doesn't break the bank LOL. It's nice to just switch on the TV and watch... and I also stream and YouTube etc. Would you believe I even pay for a landline.

I would advise you to go with ThaiExpat TV 16 channels from the UK 10 day catch up 6000 a year. Check their website for more info.

3 hours ago, 01322521959 said:

I would advise you to go with ThaiExpat TV 16 channels from the UK 10 day catch up 6000 a year. Check their website for more info.

6000?  it's  10,499 as far as I can see?  24 channels?

I'm thinking of signing up but i hesitate only because I would miss CNN and, most of all, History Channel 1&2

and, I just noticed, no  BBC???? 

Edited by LannaGuy

6000?  it's  10,499 as far as I can see?  24 channels?

I'm thinking of signing up but i hesitate only because I would miss CNN and, most of all, History Channel 1&2

and, I just noticed, no  BBC???? 

I'm moving from Truevisions too. PulseTV has a wider selection of channels than Expat TV, including BBC.

55 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Indeed. On another thread, it's had some good feedback. But I am rather technophobic - dumping True (proper TV) has been a big step...

Pulse has got all the major chanels and seem to be adding more and more. OK it's only 24 hr catch up but that fine by me. They have a great library of on demand movies and tv shows. The sports chanels are second to none All EPL games live and many others. They have discovery history ect. Some french chanels and sports chanels. Thai chanels. All itv chanel. Gold  and uk gold. Sky pack for mover and fIilm 4.  Picture quality is great and if you do have a problem (only had one which was in the end my fault) There live chat on Web site sorts it out quickly. The android box they supply is good and I have loaded it with Kodi ect for more choices. You can use 4 diffrent devices on one contract. So like us I have 3 android boxes all with pulse loaded one in front room and one in each bedroom. The other is on lap top for when we're on holiday. I can highly recomend.

Edited by Deepinthailand

12 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

Pulse has got all the major chanels and seem to be adding more and more. OK it's only 24 hr catch up but that fine by me. They have a great library of on demand movies and tv shows. The sports chanels are second to none All EPL games live and many others. They have discovery history ect. Some french chanels and sports chanels. Thai chanels. All itv chanel. Gold  and uk gold. Sky pack for mover and fIilm 4.  Picture quality is great and if you do have a problem (only had one which was in the end my fault) There live chat on Web site sorts it out quickly. The android box they supply is good and I have loaded it with Kodi ect for more choices. You can use 4 diffrent devices on one contract. So like us I have 3 android boxes all with pulse loaded one in front room and one in each bedroom. The other is on lap top for when we're on holiday. I can highly recomend.

so it goes through a separate box?  not a computer?  but still through the internet?

24 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

so it goes through a separate box?  not a computer?  but still through the internet?

Yes it goes through an android box but yes still need the internet you can hard wire it to router or have it wifi up to you they supply the box already loaded with there service

If you have an android smatphone it's the same operating system on the box you get you can download apps to it same as your phone you can get your emails surf the Web ect ect all through the box and see it on your TV screen as it's connected via HDMI.

Edited by Deepinthailand

16 hours ago, George Feedback said:

Can you tell me how to get Amazon Prime for Grand Tour?

You don't need Amazon Prime. Google "Vuze". Download and install it ( or any bittorrent client software ) Then Google "Grand Tour torrent download"  and download the episodes you want to watch. Then watch on your PC or stream to a TV. Same method for just about any TV program you can name. 

• 1 month later...

Hi DeepinThailand, a quick question or two if I may. Have you had any buffering issues with EPL games? Are subtitles available on the movie channels?..my wife speaks good English but likes to watch movies with subtitles as it's easier for her, and you say you have 3 android boxes,are they all from Pulsetv or did you add this to existing boxes,if so how easy was this to do,like Brewster I have limited ability with tech. Many thanks Sid

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

20 minutes ago, sidgy said:

Hi DeepinThailand, a quick question or two if I may. Have you had any buffering issues with EPL games? Are subtitles available on the movie channels?..my wife speaks good English but likes to watch movies with subtitles as it's easier for her, and you say you have 3 android boxes,are they all from Pulsetv or did you add this to existing boxes,if so how easy was this to do,like Brewster I have limited ability with tech. Many thanks Sid

Hi No buffering problems with the last 3 games I watched last weekend at all.

No Thai subtitles at all they are direct sky and film 4 films.

I got one box from Pulse as part of the package I already had two easy to put pulse tv on your boxes using the APK they will give you in an email. Open the email on your boxes and click the APK link it will download it for you then just click install it really is easy.

20 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

I got one box from Pulse as part of the package I already had two easy to put pulse tv on your boxes using the APK they will give you in an email. Open the email on your boxes and click the APK link it will download it for you then just click install it really is easy.

I'm going to go for Pulse so thanks for your input - only thing I wish for was 7 days 'store' but it's not a deal breaker

Goodbye True... soon

Thanks for the reply. I suspected no subtitles, my main concern was with buffering issues during EPL games but it sounds like this is not a problem. We have an old box so that is good so we can also watch in bedroom. Will probably go for the year package in a week or two.

55 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

please share it once you have it

Apparently they are about to update the website.

How long have they been going? One thing that concerns me is they force you to buy a box when they have a apk file you could easily download. 

Also that they affectivly force you to subscribe to at least 6 months as the month membership is only 500 baht cheaper as the box price is bumped up.

Bbc 1/2/4 cebbebies/news

Itv 1/2/3/4

Ch 4/5

Sky 1/atlantic/news/ movies (comedy/premier/greats/A&a/crime/drama. Sports 1234/F1 HD

BT sports 123

TSN 12345

Euro sport 12

Ben sport 11/12/13

Santana ta sport

At the races Racing uk

Nikelodian

Disney chanel nick Jr uk Disney Jr uk

Cartoon network

Mtv hits

Abc news can international fox news bloom berg Al jazerra

Box nation

Nfl network super rtl

Mio stadium 1 to 10

Discover chanel /

history/science  uk/

Nat geographic / wild uk

Animal planet history chanel food network

Film 4 

E4

Yesterday

Drama uk

Cbs action

Gold uk

Australia plus

Dave

German chanels I won't list 

French chanels I won't list

Pretty sure I've included all (may have missed a couple of sport chanels.