Mother admits beating up one of her twin daughters out of anger

webfact

4 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

True but that doesn't answer my question.

However following that vein of thought, which i do not disagree with:

Plenty of us come from families who had different views/life experiences on what constituted discipline. 

We experienced teachers who mistook violence for discipline. 

Does not mean we have to repeat their mistakes.

This has nothing to do with discipline. This is about a parent who found the responsibility of caring for two children on her own too demanding and not able to cope, her stress progressed into rage. This is mostly due to ignorance whereas couples do not use birth control, no family planning involved and have children they are unable to afford or are in unstable relationships.

Although I said precious I can understand this woman`s situation I still do not have any sympathies for these people when ignorance seems to be bliss.  

13 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

This has nothing to do with discipline. This is about a parent who found the responsibility of caring for two children on her own too demanding and not able to cope, her stress progressed into rage. This is mostly due to ignorance whereas couples do not use birth control, no family planning involved and have children they are unable to afford or are in unstable relationships.

Although I said precious I can understand this woman`s situation I still do not have any sympathies for these people when ignorance seems to be bliss.  

Again this does not answer the question I posed.

There is absolutely no excuse or justification for assaulting a 5 year old and threatening them with a knife.

It is the act of scum beneath contempt.

She was not on her own. She lives with her husband.

I don't care how stressful she found raising children.

Boo Hoo I can't cope with 5 year olds.

Give me a break.

As I say...scum.

Edited by Bluespunk

11 hours ago, maingmoom said:

I hate to think what might have happened if the child moved suddenly with this knife being where it was.

Then the mother would have been sorry for that as well.

Happened in the US: a grandmother made her little grand daughter drink a lot of water as a punishment.  Forced to drink water continuously.  Soon the little girl passed out and died.  The old woman was tried and sent to prison, and even as she was being taken away she said "all I did was have her drink water, that isn't a crime!"  You can be sure her fellow inmates are making her life hell.  No sympathy from me either.

13 hours ago, Toronto said:

It appears that this country and it's inhabitants are becoming increasingly violent. I'm sure it's not my imagination. 

I tend to disagree with your observation:
I believe the Thais males/females have always been violent, observations have taught me that when they snap it's like lighting the blue touch paper, sit back and watch them go up like a rocket.
The only difference now is that with mobile phones & social media it's being captured & posted where as before it was going undetected!

Incredible from reading the article, the authorities are mulling over which court she should be tried in.. And somehow they're considering the juvenile court for a 35 year old woman. The video is plain as day, how about skip straight to the supreme court so that bail becomes a non possibility. No amount of confessions or prostrating to the cops for "fair treatment" should save her, she pulled a knife to a kid's throat, unforgivable in my book. Throw the key away

Like so many video's of abuse, the filmmaker just records and therefore is not only a witness but part of the crime.
It's an arbitrary situation, film or intervene? 

Well...in cases like this, where the video leads to an arrest, one might say : better than nothing!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

17 hours ago, chinostar said:

Like so many video's of abuse, the filmmaker just records and therefore is not only a witness but part of the crime.

It's an arbitrary situation, film or intervene? 

If it wasn't for the videos, this child would still be in danger.

17 hours ago, Toronto said:

It appears that this country and it's inhabitants are becoming increasingly violent. I'm sure it's not my imagination. 

People everywhere are becoming more narcissistic. Narcissists don't care about anyone but themselves.

The Narcissism Epidemic.

Why is narcissims increasing?

(Narcissists) often think they are above the law and therefore violate it; and readily trample over others in their efforts to rise to the “top,” which is where they think they belong.

When my child was 2 years old, I decided to get a Health insurance for the my child and the mother.

In the evening we went to sleep and my wife was reading the insurance papers.

She waked me up and asked me if I knew what was written in the insurance papers.

Not sure what she was talking about, I asked her what she wanted to know.
"Well, the insurance papers for our child says that when our child die of an accident we will get 2 million Baht." she said.
"What do you think if our child would be involved in a little accident and would die?"
"We would get 2 million baht, buy a house or a car, and we can make another child."

I cicked my wife immediately out of my house and the next morning we were divorced and I had the full parenthood on our child.
Never seen her face back.

Live is cheap in Thailand and ALL THAIS loves money more than a life.

This chick is mental. If i was holding the camera i would have dropped it the minute i saw the knife appear or anything for that matter and go and do something regardless of trespassing or beating the living shit out of a women. Some deserve it!

Poor little girl. Im sick of seeing these abuses. I wish i could help these children. Children shouldnt be witness to such abuse.

Just horrifying!

On 12/6/2016 at 2:00 AM, Bluespunk said:

Again this does not answer the question I posed.

There is absolutely no excuse or justification for assaulting a 5 year old and threatening them with a knife.

It is the act of scum beneath contempt.

She was not on her own. She lives with her husband.

I don't care how stressful she found raising children.

Boo Hoo I can't cope with 5 year olds.

Give me a break.

As I say...scum.

If you are brought up under the same circumstances, you may not know any different. Highly likely that the mother was subject to similar treatment as a child. Doesn't make it right, but some people do not know any different. 

51 minutes ago, GarryP said:

If you are brought up under the same circumstances, you may not know any different. Highly likely that the mother was subject to similar treatment as a child. Doesn't make it right, but some people do not know any different. 

Then they should learn.

It's not difficult...simple really.

Don't beat the crap out of someone simply because you are an adult and they are a child.

Scum.