Incredible plastic surgery transformation of Thai girl whose face was 'ripped off" in horror bike crash

webfact

Incredible plastic surgery transformation of girl whose face was 'ripped off" in horror bike crash

BY SCARLET HOWES

mb.jpg

Before surgery... Mint's face was "ripped off" after horrific accident (Photo: Let Me In Thailand/Exclusivepix Media)

Mint Keerati Yimprang suffered 'life-changing' facial wounds after the road accident in Bangkok, Thailand - until a 'miracle' happened

BANGKOK: -- A woman whose face was ''ripped off'' in a horror motorcycle crash has been transformed after cosmetic surgery.

Mint Keerati Yimprang suffered 'life-changing' facial wounds after the road accident in Bangkok, Thailand.

She feared she was scarred for life and lost her self-confidence - often afraid to look in the mirror at the damage.

But she says her life has been transformed after incredible reconstructive surgery in South Korea.

Full story: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/incredible-plastic-surgery-transformation-girl-9397806

-- Mirror 2016-12-06

1 hour ago, Thaiwrath said:

Went to South Korea, says a lot about the plastic surgery here !

She's a pretty girl, and it's a nice story.  

I don't think it says much/anything about the plastic (cosmetic) surgery in Thailand.

I've read of cosmetic surgery in Thailand, know a woman who had a facelift, and it seems to me to be excellent work.

It may suggest that the cosmetic surgeons in Korea are better, but not that Thai surgeons are bad.

Koreans come to Australia and the US for surgery, orthopedic, heart, etc., but that doesn't say the Korean surgeons are bad, just that those traveling made a choice, or possibly that surgeons in other countries are considered better.

Australians travel to Thailand for dental work, and I've yet to meet one who is dissatisfied.  It's an economic decision, largely, but the work is up to scratch, and often with dentists trained in the US, UK, and Australia.  I've had dental work done in Bangkok, not travelled specifically for that, but availed myself of the opportunity whilst passing through.

It often intrigues me that many who post here take any, and every, opportunity to tip a bucket on anything Thai, and I don't understand why.  It must be a living hell for those who hold those beliefs, AND live there.

Edited by F4UCorsair
spellcheck

34 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

I don't think it says much/anything about the plastic (cosmetic) surgery in Thailand.

I've read of cosmetic surgery in Thailand, know a woman who had a facelift, and it seems to me to be excellent work.

It may suggest that the cosmetic surgeons in Korea are better, but not that Thai surgeons are bad.

Koreans come to Australia and the US for surgery, orthopedic, heart, etc., but that doesn't say the Korean surgeons are bad, just that those traveling made a choice, or possibly that surgeons in other countries are considered better.

Australians travel to Thailand for dental work, and I've yet to meet one who is dissatisfied.  It's an economic decision, largely, but the work is up to scratch, and often with dentists trained in the US, UK, and Australia.  I've had dental work done in Bangkok, not travelled specifically for that, but availed myself of the opportunity whilst passing through.

It often intrigues me that many who post here take any, and every, opportunity to tip a bucket on anything Thai, and I don't understand why.  It must be a living hell for those who hold those beliefs, AND live there.

I don't take opportunities (as you put it) to tip anything Thai, I give credit where I think credit is due.

Surely it is not an economic decision when travelling/accommodation costs are factored in.

It often intrigues me that many post here who don't even live here.

54 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

Yes it seems there are good plastic surgeons in Thailand but there are also many bogus plastic surgeons who have no training and in some cases jut worked as a nurse for a plastic surgeon then opened their own ps clinic along with bogus dr. blurb and no doubt clever at convincing many folks they are the real deal.

Same with dentists, in the high traffic tourist areas many bogus dentists.

Bottom line, looks like the young lady was able to get help from a real ps doctor, and good luck to her for a bright and happy future. 

Edited by scorecard

I guess there are different definitions of ripped off...expected much worse...her nose, mouth and eyes were intact so no bone reconstruction?

why the need to ride a motorcycle? Just go with public their transportation system....

Edited by cardinalblue

3 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

They cannot get their heads around the idea that Thailand has a growing and successful export driven economy in comparison to their own declining native countries.

And pointing out a few facts does not help. It just makes them more grumpy.

3 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

I don't take opportunities (as you put it) to tip anything Thai, I give credit where I think credit is due.

Surely it is not an economic decision when travelling/accommodation costs are factored in.

I'm sure you've checked my profile, and my domiciles are both Melbourne and Bangkok, but I didn't realize it was a requirement to live full time in Thailand to be a member of Thai Visa.  My apology if that's the case.

Economic decision?  Well I wouldn't fly to Thailand for an annual checkup, scale and clean, but I did make a specific trip about 7 years ago for a couple of root canals and crowns (forgot that trip in my original post).   I had a ten day holiday with a side trip to Cambodia, paid accommodation and meals and arrived home with $2000+, when compared with having the work done in Melbourne!!   Now that was a trip worth making.  I still have the routine work done there when I'm in residence.

Edited by F4UCorsair
addition

I would remind everyone of the universal truth that 50% of all professionals graduated in the bottom half of their class.  Some good examples of this are Hollywood celebrities and wealthy business owners, where cost is no barrier, often end up looking clownish after botched plastic surgery.  I am certain every country has a few professionals that are spectacular at their work, a whole lot that are at best average and a few that are absolute quacks.  In ALL professional services, it's a high buyer beware environment.

8 hours ago, JaseTheBass said:

I guess she understands what a helmet is used for now...

Perhaps she does (if the lack of a helmet contributed to her injuries) but do you think her friends and acquaintances have learned from it? I do wonder.

My Thai partner is a nurse and when we are travelling in a car I really do have to suggest/insist/tell her to wear the seat belt! And her hospital deals with road accidents every day. Go figure that one. I am thinking (but not understanding) that this has to be a cultural trait, of not learning.

After that horrifying accident and the period of recovery, she has been transformed into a beautiful young woman.. It is refreshing to see someone who actually looks like a real Thai woman (whatever you think that may be, ) instead of a Zombie type Manga offering.

May the future be bright for her.

mintafter1.jpgzombie.jpg

Mint photo taken from :http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/12/06/seoul-secret-disfigured-thai-nurse-gets-beauty-back-after-surgery-south-korea-photos

13 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Went to South Korea, says a lot about the plastic surgery here !

It doesn't say anything at all about cosmetic surgery in Thailand, it does say a lot about the arrangement the television programme producers who paid for her treatment had with the Korean surgeons.

11 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

No it's not an economic [sic] decision, it's a decision made by the TV producers.

1 hour ago, ratcatcher said:

After that horrifying accident and the period of recovery, she has been transformed into a beautiful young woman.. It is refreshing to see someone who actually looks like a real Thai woman (whatever you think that may be, ) instead of a Zombie type Manga offering.

May the future be bright for her.

mintafter1.jpgzombie.jpg

Mint photo taken from :http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/12/06/seoul-secret-disfigured-thai-nurse-gets-beauty-back-after-surgery-south-korea-photos

I agree.  A lovely looking young woman now and also probably before.  May she lead  a long and happy life.  She has earned it.  Just wear a helmet on a bike from now on,  Dear!!!

1 hour ago, lvr181 said:

Perhaps she does (if the lack of a helmet contributed to her injuries) but do you think her friends and acquaintances have learned from it? I do wonder.

My Thai partner is a nurse and when we are travelling in a car I really do have to suggest/insist/tell her to wear the seat belt! And her hospital deals with road accidents every day. Go figure that one. I am thinking (but not understanding) that this has to be a cultural trait, of not learning.

Plus being totally convinced that it's not possible to have an accident and get hurt because the person has (in their own opinion) good karma.

My Thai son had problems with an old aunty who insisted on sitting in the front seat and totally insisted that there is no law about using seat belts and totally refused to buckle up.

My son has trained his kids that the car doesn't move until all seats belts are buckled and they automatically buckle up. 

He told aunty to get out of the car and he called a taxi, taxi arrived son told driver where to go (same restaurant that my son was driving to) and gave the driver about 80% of the estimated fare. Son got in his own car and drove off.

Aunty came into the restaurant and sheepishly didn't utter one work all night, and she never objected again about using the seat belt.