Cameroonian woman arrested at Suvarnabhumi with fake visa

webfact

4 minutes ago, abrahamzvi said:

So do I. The same refers to my serious doubts about the allegedly visas "issued" by the British Embassy!!!! I really do not understand why people disseminate such vicious rumours.

As I said, nothing at all to do with "vicious rumours". There are travel/visa agents in the Sukhumvit area (who shall remain nameless) who can do this. Also, they are essentially bone-fide legal visas. My friends GF went to the UK on one this year, no problem at all.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, chiang mai said:

A visa detection machine!!

Jeeze, even the Thai Embassy is issuing fake visa's!

How can it be 'fake' if it was issued by the real embassy??

BTW, no fingers pointed.......she has a chance to beat this case......

11 hours ago, CARBO said:

I'm a Cameroonian and apparently, there is no Thai embassy in Cameroon. I wonder where that is or what embassy they are talking about.

But a fake USA one existed for 10 years so how can anyone be sure of anything.  Thai Immigration apparently think they have one there and one would think they should know.   Curiouser and curiouser!!!

21 hours ago, KIWIBATCH said:

Fake visa issued by the  Thai Embassy in Cameroon......<deleted>...!!!!!!

Well I just read of a fake US Embassy in Ghana that has been issuing Visas for 10 years so par for the course?

I don't understand......

Visa issued by a Thai embassy, so is real....

Valid not expired and real ghanese passport....

Paid 800 $ to somebody that took a plane or train or bus and went to cameroon to a Thai embassy and got a Visa, nothing illegal, service fee and tkt and tax...so what is the fake thing here..??

Even if she decleared that paid somedy to do it, it cant be a criminal offence and/or a reason to deny the entry....

This is an abuse of power and rasial descrimination and not respect of international human rights.

Realy police shoul apologize and I hope she will make some official claim to thai interior ministery, and prime minister aswell to embassy.

I there is corruption among embassy officers its teir problem not her....!!!

If we ask an agent in thailand to make a permit extention here in thailand they ask more....i asked once at Nana square mall, it's about 37,000 bht = 1,200$....then could be fake too.....!?!?!?

I should be arrested????

• 4 weeks later...
On 06/12/2016 at 5:26 PM, Will27 said:

I seriously doubt it.

You can doubt it at your pleasure, but this is true. Just a matter of money in BKK. I can speak Thai and have spoken to some of these women (usually very limited English) and what they say backs up the owners story. A quick massage course in Thailand, drum up some money and credentials for a visa, and they're here. The visa is usually a 3 month tourist visa. Any Thai person with money, property and a job can legally get one easily. My gf - and accountant, got a tourist visa recently, no problem (with no need for corruption).

Surprised me, like you I thought we were squeaky clean, but no, we're not.

• 1 month later...