Latest photos from construction of new Pattaya underpass

Jonathan Fairfield

22 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

I did the south bound side last night.  What a mess.  In most other countries, it's a massive lawsuit waiting to happen.  Dropoffs, holes, dirt and debris, narrowing lanes with no advance notice, fallen concrete barricades, etc. 

They could have laid the tarmac on both sides in about a week and it would be done.  They've just let it go for weeks.  Absolutely horrible.

Yes they could have just finished both sides as straight through roads.

And finished the tunnel part with no big disruption. then fit the lot together .

But hey this is pattaya and this is what they do best for road construction.

bugger it up   24/7

Edited by onemorechang

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

No, from that 2 minute glance, or 1 minute, however brief, from one side you reached the silly conclusion that "the works," meaning ALL, looked to have been "abandoned." And then you extrapolated from your "experience" that "this indicates that someone in the supply chain is not or has not been paying the Contractor / Sub-contractors." But your 2 minute experience also led to confusing two unrelated experiences. In fact I'd question your long experience w/ Contractors / Sub-contractors as you seem unaware that delays, short or longer, are quite normal in the construction industry, particularly for a project of this size for many reasons other than that of payment. Not that this was necessarily a "delay" at all. TVF ace construction engineers like to see workers always crawling like ants all over a project at all times (the TVF Poster All Times rule) so their Eyeballs At Random Intervals can verify the evidence of success or coming success. Otherwise, it's failed. ;)

Give it a rest :coffee1:

1 hour ago, JSixpack said:

No, from that 2 minute glance, or 1 minute, however brief, from one side you reached the silly conclusion that "the works," meaning ALL, looked to have been "abandoned." And then you extrapolated from your "experience" that "this indicates that someone in the supply chain is not or has not been paying the Contractor / Sub-contractors." But your 2 minute experience also led to confusing two unrelated experiences. In fact I'd question your long experience w/ Contractors / Sub-contractors as you seem unaware that delays, short or longer, are quite normal in the construction industry, particularly for a project of this size for many reasons other than that of payment. Not that this was necessarily a "delay" at all. TVF ace construction engineers like to see workers always crawling like ants all over a project at all times (the TVF Poster All Times rule) so their Eyeballs At Random Intervals can verify the evidence of success or coming success. Otherwise, it's failed. ;)

I thought you announced to everyone that it was going to be open at the end of February.

17 hours ago, Seizetheday said:

I thought you announced to everyone that it was going to be open at the end of February.

Lying doesn't help validate your expert opinion that it would take 5 years or longer. No surprise yet? :smile:

18 hours ago, onemorechang said:

Give it a rest :coffee1:

I'll keep doing what I do. Seems you may need help understanding? I'll get you a counselor next time; works wonders.

Edited by JSixpack

9 hours ago, JSixpack said:

I'll keep doing what I do. Seems you may need help understanding? I'll get you a counselor next time; works wonders.

Have you considered HRT, my wife's counselor recommended it and it works wonders.

I cannot for the life of me understand what you hope to achieve by constantly attacking other members and attempting to rubbish their comments.

I honestly believe that you may have a six pack but lack the plastic thingy that holds them all together!

:passifier:

Edited by Oink

20 hours ago, Oink said:

Have you considered HRT, my wife's counselor recommended it and it works wonders.

I cannot for the life of me understand what you hope to achieve by constantly attacking other members and attempting to rubbish their comments.

I honestly believe that you may have a six pack but lack the plastic thingy that holds them all together!

:passifier:

Forum nonsense is always a good laugh. Thanks for your contribution; looking forward to the next. :) TVF counselors are standing by to help our stalkers and flamers learn the forum rules, and they do a good of it, too. So, I can help avail you of their service if you also start having problems, as you're starting to--a usual sore loser I suppose. As I said, works wonders. :)

Edited by JSixpack

• 2 months later...
On 2017-3-6 at 4:37 PM, onemorechang said:

Yes they could have just finished both sides as straight through roads.

And finished the tunnel part with no big disruption. then fit the lot together .

But hey this is pattaya and this is what they do best for road construction.

bugger it up   24/7

That's seems to be the thai way for all building jobs. Do 90% of the work then leave the rest unfinished for months as chaos.

56 minutes ago, johng said:

18813610_1514367478608168_2524096475707847805_n.png.fcf15485a0316bf8d2a4542bb4a456b0.png

So motor bikes not allowed - be interesting to see how and if that is enforced as I can't see them wanting to wait for potentially 2 sets of light changes if they are going straight through.....

On 3/4/2017 at 7:59 AM, KittenKong said:

This is the whole point. If you look at it carefully the road slopes up into the tunnel, not down. It cannot flood except perhaps in the case of a mega-tsunami that engulfs the whole town. The end result is exactly the same as if the road was still on the surface (which part of it still is) and the water flow to surrounding areas will be exactly the same as before.

So the low-lying sections of Sukumvit will flood as they always do, but the tunnel will not.

Good point. The Suk will be a traffic jam during heavy rains just like always. Who cares if the tunnel floods.

So motor bikes not allowed - be interesting to see how and if that is enforced as I can't see them wanting to wait for potentially 2 sets of light changes if they are going straight through.....

Bonkers isn't it? Spent all that time making the underpass, which still isn't open and now they post the sign pretty much saying only cars are allowed, or trucks without dangerous cargo.

On 6/6/2017 at 4:47 AM, johng said:

18813610_1514367478608168_2524096475707847805_n.png.fcf15485a0316bf8d2a4542bb4a456b0.png

Madness.

What if someone needs some noodle soup or som tam when they are down there?

Are they seriously suggesting that there will be no food carts allowed or even a motocyc stand?

On 6/6/2017 at 11:46 AM, topt said:

You mean the traffic lights will be activated?

That would be a first for Pattaya

11 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

You mean the traffic lights will be activated?

That would be a first for Pattaya

As they were before the tunnel project started......

Difficult to turn south on Suk from Klang without lights methinks...........

5 minutes ago, topt said:

As they were before the tunnel project started......

Difficult to turn south on Suk from Klang without lights methinks...........

As far as I'm aware there are no lights at the Klang section. I think all traffic is supposed to turn north and make u-turn a few hundred meters down the road.

The only traffic light I have seen is at the SSCC section, and I doubt they will be activated for longer than a week.

2 hours ago, GaryB1263 said:

Who cares if the tunnel floods.

It's going to be pretty difficult to flood this underpass as it's on top of a hill.

:blink:

3 hours ago, DMC1 said:

Bonkers isn't it? Spent all that time making the underpass, which still isn't open and now they post the sign pretty much saying only cars are allowed, or trucks without dangerous cargo.

But note it only says motorcycles - nothing about scooters being banned    :wink:

3 hours ago, DMC1 said:

Reckon all vehicles will use it,  regardless.

Thai style.  me first get out the way.