2 days late for visa extension... Help?

Was planning to get a 30 day extension to my tourist visa on monday (day it expired) but the office was closed for fathers day. i have left it too late today and because of the floods in samui i have arrived too late.

Will go to the office first thing tomorrow, but does anyone know the offices policy with regards to if i will have to pay fine, and any other penalties?

Many thanks 

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you had gone today there would been no overstay fine since they were closed yesterday.

If you go tomorrow you will be fined 1000 baht for 2 days of overstay. Pay the fine and they will do your extension.

I was in a similar position over a year ago, I had a 2 entry tourist visa, I was not aware there was a holiday on the visa expiration date & the Immigration office was closed. I was at the BKK immigration office at 8am the following day, the agent there informed me I overstayed, that I had to leave for 15 days and return. (it was a misunderstanding what she meant was I had 15 days to leave) 

I booked a flight to Saigon, to do re-entry, to learn an American must obtain a visa 4 days in advance for Vietnam, (No Entry visa) I ended up going to Cambodia, (Siam Reap is a great place to visit) I took a bus to the border, explained my situation to the Thai Immigration officer there who stated she did not know why the agent in BKK was so mean, I have a 2 entry visa, she stamped my re-entry and all was good. Lesson learned, But I lost my $100 plane fare to SGN and lost my $100 deposit on the hotel in HCMC. 

The moral to the story, it is a situation dealing with people, different people have different personalities and some have bad days. Do not procrastinate & wait till the exp date renew early.

• Like 1

I overstayed on my 'every 90 day address notification check-up' required for my 1 year retirement visa. So I hied myself to my local immigration office arriving at 8AM, paid a small fine. For me the biggest thing was time, that was the real penalty......So I stood in line til I advanced to the clerk (who was like a guide), was shown the proper line for miscreants such as myself where I  paid baht nidnoy, got a proper receipt back to the line where I began the morning.  After the  I presented my receipt, which demonstrated that I was properly chastened, I was given clearance to join the line for my 90 day notification of address, a requirement of my 1 year retirement visa. That line was rather quick....say 15 minutes. When lunch break arrives, the staff sits and eats as they gaze across the sea of disgruntled farang men with their patient Thai wives. I climbed in my taxi to go home at 2:15 pm, halfway through the thriller novel I had the foresight to bring. I treat these incursions into the mechanism of Thai bureaucracy as my "reading for sheer entertainment" time. My wife always reminds me "Book!"

• Like 1