• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 08/12/2016 at 10:20 AM, p_brownstone said:

I think you mean maniacal engineering.

Patrick

Projects like these are implemented under very tight time constraints, so your above description may well be accurate.

Edited by dbrenn

3 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

They just jump over to the next empty lot & build that one from the top down - when they're finished they're back on the bottom floor.....

I'm glad that someone has brought some new insight to our technical discussion. Sky-to-ground contra-gravitational formwork is not yet a mainstream method but it is gaining popularity on account of lower capital cost.

44 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

I'm glad that someone has brought some new insight to our technical discussion. Sky-to-ground contra-gravitational formwork is not yet a mainstream method but it is gaining popularity on account of lower capital cost.

Indeed as you quite rightly stated it's gaining popularity at an unprecedented rate and may one day overtake the traditional but quite frankly outdated ITCP initial terra commencement point method so beloved of 100% of construction companies. Although I heard from a reliable source that the Mongolians had  made great progress in the field of STGCGF until the mortality rate of the individuals who were fortunate enough to be involved in this exciting new development  reached levels that were considered unacceptable to the advisors to the Mongolian government responsible for observing  and reporting on any massive erections they came across.

9 hours ago, mca said:

Indeed as you quite rightly stated it's gaining popularity at an unprecedented rate and may one day overtake the traditional but quite frankly outdated ITCP initial terra commencement point method so beloved of 100% of construction companies. Although I heard from a reliable source that the Mongolians had  made great progress in the field of STGCGF until the mortality rate of the individuals who were fortunate enough to be involved in this exciting new development  reached levels that were considered unacceptable to the advisors to the Mongolian government responsible for observing  and reporting on any massive erections they came across.

As you note, thanks to the Mongolian development work the STGCGF procedure is much safer now. Most early accidents were through human error - the upright diagonal bushing slots were sized incorrectly, due to a mathematical error. They should have multiplied the coefficient of dangular rising amplitude by Threakstons constant, but they omitted this step in the calculation.

The procedure was later documented correctly by consultants - Messrs Bull and Excretaski if I remember correctly.

On ‎07‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 7:56 AM, akirasan said:

They keep using smaller and smaller cranes until the last one which they can pick up and put into their pocket and take back to the yard..  You're familiar with Matryoshka Dolls?

They fly away  

Oops wrong crane  :sorry:

13 hours ago, dbrenn said:

As you note, thanks to the Mongolian development work the STGCGF procedure is much safer now. Most early accidents were through human error - the upright diagonal bushing slots were sized incorrectly, due to a mathematical error. They should have multiplied the coefficient of dangular rising amplitude by Threakstons constant, but they omitted this step in the calculation.

The procedure was later documented correctly by consultants - Messrs Bull and Excretaski if I remember correctly.

The consummate professionalism of Messrs Bull and Excretaski cannot be denied and their documentation was required reading and used as a prime example of an assemblage of testiculartory appendages during my studies into the "Influence of davit and derrick dismantling and deconstruction on government projects in Bobo Dioulasso from January 1957 to February 1958"  under the late Professor Hilberg at the University of Ougadougou. A man still missed to this day for his legendary insights and witty anecdotes  regarding the development of the windlass in Upper Volta.