2016 POSTER OF THE YEAR

Ron19

Just now, NongKhaiKid said:

Damn, maybe I was conned into buying fake fakes.  Can't trust anyone these days.

Any fool can spot a genuine fake.............and you want us to trust you with holding the TV POY trophy!:sleep:

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Evidently the "only nominations in this thread" suggestion was in white-on-white :)

Distinct core cognitive processes employ domain-specific input analyzers to construct proprietary misrepresentations, I should like to point out.

On 12/8/2016 at 9:37 AM, Crossy said:

People.

Please let's keep our nominations clear not hidden in a bunch of text, some poor soul (Rob or Me) have to go through the posts picking out the nominees.

EDIT canuckamuk I don't think we can force anyone to participate, if they don't want the prestige it's up to them.

prestige?

1 minute ago, HooHaa said:

ah, im sure you will find a way to make it about you.

Not sure how I would be able to pull that off even if I wanted to. I think people that watch the history of these events already have a good idea of who will win this year, for better or worse. However, a HUGE CHANGE this year (I think) is that you can't change your vote on polls anymore before the deadline. That dynamic greatly added to the excitement before. I don't think the software works that way anymore. At least it hasn't when I opened a poll on this new software. So people better think more before choosing! 

Not being able to change the vote before the deadline (assuming the management can't change the software to make it possible again) will mean aggressive CAMPAIGNING on the forum if it happens at all, will mostly go to waste. That's because most people see a poll and make a choice before even reading the thread. Then it's over, and any loud noise they read after the vote that may have changed their minds is a total waste (except for entertainment purposes). So that means, obviously, that NAME RECOGNITION will likely be the only factor. 

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Not being able to change the vote before the deadline (assuming the management can't change the software to make it possible again) will mean aggressive CAMPAIGNING on the forum if it happens at all, will mostly go to waste. That's because most people see a poll and make a choice before even reading the thread. Then it's over, and any loud noise they read after the vote that may have changed their minds is a total waste (except for entertainment purposes). So that means, obviously, that NAME RECOGNITION will likely be the only factor. 

I think u may be taking it all a  little  tooooooooooooooooooooo seriously JT

Just now, kannot said:

No, he is quite correct in pointing out the need to think very carefully before choosing either baboon or NongKhaiKid..

7 minutes ago, kannot said:

Just adding my two cents about how this is likely to be a very different dynamic this year. Real life elections ... more chaos. Thaivisa of the year  ... more predictable and boring. Watch and see. 

Edited by Jingthing

19 minutes ago, baboon said:

No, he is quite correct in pointing out the need to think very carefully before choosing either baboon or NongKhaiKid..

"pointing" again.....................you'll need a campaign manager for sure

Come on fellows, lets keep it clean and within forum rules such as below.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

You will not block contact with moderators or administrators. Doing so will result in suspension.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

A number of posts and replies have been removed and further instances of this will leave the poster open to loss of posting rights and risk of a being banned.

I understand that campaigning doesn't start for another week. But please appreciate that some of us are on limited mobile broadband until our next pension cheque, or at least until we stumble across a Starbucks.

On behalf of Transam...

1 hour ago, sipi said:

I understand that campaigning doesn't start for another week. But please appreciate that some of us are on limited mobile broadband until our next pension cheque, or at least until we stumble across a Starbucks.

On behalf of Transam...

it didnt do him much good  though Sipi