90 day reporting online: How I got it to work

macahoom

This may be of help for anyone, like me, having problems doing an online 90 day report:

After many, many failed attempts I finally got it to work. I am hopeless with computers so please excuse my simple, jargon-free explanation below.

Please note: This is specifically for a MacBook Pro but it may well help owners of other computers – especially Step 3, below. 

Step 1:

Launch Safari. From the Safari menu bar (top of your screen) click “Safari”. From the drop down menu click “Preferences” and then select the “Advanced” tab.

Check the box at the bottom: “Show Develop menu in menu bar”.

From the Safari menu bar click “Develop” then “User Agent”.

From the drop down menu click  “Internet Explorer 8”.

Step 2:

Go to the immigration 90 day website and fill in the required fields. Use uppercase. Use the drop down menus for your nationality and arrival date. You may have to wait a while for the drop downs to appear.

Step 3: 

MOST IMPORTANT! If nothing appears to happen after you click  “Submit”, be patient. My internet is quite fast but it still took about 10 minutes of nothing happening for the second page to appear.

The second page is for your postal address, email address and a few other things. When you submit this page you'll be given a reference number which means your application has been received and is being processed.

Step 4:

To find out if your 90 day report has been approved, you must log back in to the website and click on “Check the status of your application”. When it shows the status as approved, click  “View”. This will take you to a new page with “Application (PRINT)” and “The Next Appointment (PRINT) at the bottom. I couldn't get the printing to work. Someone suggested I go to an internet cafe to print them.

When you are finished you may want to go back and cancel “Internet Explorer 8” by clicking on Develop > User Agent > Default.

An added bonus: I found that “Internet Explorer 8” made the Search function in my Hotmail (Outlook) work properly for the first time since it became Outlook!

I'd be interested to hear if this helps anyone.

You were lucky getting it to work by faking IE8 - Safari doesn't do anything different than to identify itself as IE; the browser-internal processing is still Safari though and tends to hang itself up, because the website was written with - uhm - problematic functions that only IE seems to tolerate... The bad news is that as of yesterday, both print buttons produced a server error 500 and no way to print an accepted 90-day report! I wrote back on their 'accepted' email but doubt that anyone will read it. The website's 'Contact us' page also threw a server error. Something's way up shiyte creek with no paddle at all...

19 minutes ago, AsiaCheese said:

You were lucky getting it to work by faking IE8 - Safari doesn't do anything different than to identify itself as IE; the browser-internal processing is still Safari though and tends to hang itself up, because the website was written with - uhm - problematic functions that only IE seems to tolerate... The bad news is that as of yesterday, both print buttons produced a server error 500 and no way to print an accepted 90-day report! I wrote back on their 'accepted' email but doubt that anyone will read it. The website's 'Contact us' page also threw a server error. Something's way up shiyte creek with no paddle at all...

Thanks for letting me know that it's not just me who can't get the printing to work. You've saved me a journey to a friend's house or a visit to an internet cafe.

15 minutes ago, AsiaCheese said:

Yes, the Immigration site is screwed up. 

I have been doing online 90 day reports in Bkk since it was started. And had a few hiccups, but this last 3 weeks of constant breakdown caused me to give up and go today and do the 90 day report in person. 5 minutes at Lardprao Hollywood. The wait for the lifts took more time than the reporting. (it is much easier and faster than chang wattana).

I logged into the site starting 2 weeks ago to do 90 day report and it failed. I tried daily since then and many days tried it several times a day. I used an up to date IE, tried it in Chrome which has worked from time to time. The drop down and hang time was sticky as usual. IE was as it always is - smoother. 

I even went to settings and "stopped the pop up menu" option. When it did not work, I set it un-stopped it. 

I never got the site to work. I would go through the first fill out page and verification bit and see the "verified" light up. Click submit and would get a pop up warning sign saying "check with your local Immigration office". No explanation that it was an internet interface problem, or an information problem, expiration problem of some kind, interpol problem, etc. 

I have always taken the same approach with this that I do with most things in LOS ... I try the least invasive steps and manage it as best I can. And in the end do what I have to do to get the job done. 

I searched like mad before today to see if I was the only one getting problems with the site. I saw many similar posts but they were months or year old. Nothing in Nov or Dec 2016, so I wondered. But my experience over the past few weeks has been that it would not work. 

It may work, but if not , and there are no any pieces of evidence in our hands that we have sent the application then it could be pretty much money. I have to travel to and fro 2 hours and the compulsory waiting for the bus adds another 3 hours, but even then, it is less than daily 500 Baht. 

I enquired the immigration office here about the problem and if they follow the internet if someone accidentally passed through and the answer was negative. 

Online reporting still seems too advantageous in the XXI. century. 

I agree that this last 90 day report I made some 15 days ago was tedious, lots of error time outs .... much worse than the usual terrible website malfunctions.  I had the same problem with 'next appointment' print-out. For hours got the 500 error. Tried 4 days later - worked first time. And I use the recommended IE 7 every time.

Online doesnt work for me but Thai PO does, EMS both ways,which means you can easily track its progress.Total cost 47 baht. been doing it for 2 years.

Once a year visit to CM Immigration for yearly extension is more than enough for me.

Thailand is still very much 3rd world when it comes to internet application

I have MacBook Pro. I used every user agent available but when I hit SUBMIT nothing happened so I would start again.  I wasted hours. Based on your experience next time I am going hit Submit and walk away for 10 plus minutes to see if it works. If it does I will be very grateful for your post. Thank you for the information of your experience. 

2 hours ago, Honthy said:

It may work, but if not , and there are no any pieces of evidence in our hands that we have sent the application then it could be pretty much money. I have to travel to and fro 2 hours and the compulsory waiting for the bus adds another 3 hours, but even then, it is less than daily 500 Baht. 

I enquired the immigration office here about the problem and if they follow the internet if someone accidentally passed through and the answer was negative. 

Online reporting still seems too advantageous in the XXI. century. 

...when oh when will they let 7/11 stores do it for us...I'd be happy to give them 10 baht for that service!

12 hours ago, macahoom said:

Step 1:

Launch Safari. From the Safari menu bar (top of your screen) click “Safari”. From the drop down menu click “Preferences” and then select the “Advanced” tab.

From the drop down menu click  “Internet Explorer 8”.

I have got past the "IE 8 Must Be Used" (or whatever) message by using Firefox with the add-on "User Agent Switcher v 0.7.3" but, after filling in the form, it was always rejected anyway. I thought it was because I couldn't remember the flight number, but apparently that is not essential. Maybe I didn't use CAPS or the drop-down menus.

But that was about a year ago. I'll be trying it again in a few weeks using all the tips given by various members including yourself.

I will actually be using IE 8 as I do have it installed.

I tried to do online reporting when it first was "available". I never could get it to work. Read all the posts people made about "try this and that". I now send mine in by mail, so easy and painless. I note your procedure and will try it for my next 90 day report early January. But if it doesn't work, its too late to send it by mail. that's the only problem and I hate going to CW. decisions decisions :saai:

14 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

I have got past the "IE 8 Must Be Used" (or whatever) message by using Firefox with the add-on "User Agent Switcher v 0.7.3" but, after filling in the form, it was always rejected anyway. I thought it was because I couldn't remember the flight number, but apparently that is not essential. Maybe I didn't use CAPS or the drop-down menus.

But that was about a year ago. I'll be trying it again in a few weeks using all the tips given by various members including yourself.

I will actually be using IE 8 as I do have it installed.

You say "I thought it was because I couldn't remember the flight number, but apparently that is not essential."

Yeh, I got my approval and I only filled in the required fields. So the flight number and some other fields without a red asterisk are not mandatory.

14 hours ago, macahoom said:

Step 4:

To find out if your 90 day report has been approved, you must log back in to the website and click on “Check the status of your application”. When it shows the status as approved, click  “View”. This will take you to a new page with “Application (PRINT)” and “The Next Appointment (PRINT) at the bottom. I couldn't get the printing to work. Someone suggested I go to an internet cafe to print them.

Can you do a "screen grab" of the approved report and print that?

22 minutes ago, srowndedbyh2o said:

Can you do a "screen grab" of the approved report and print that?

I have no idea if that would be acceptable. I don't even know if I actually need a print of the application approval.

Does anyone know the answer to this?

Even if a print of a screen grab of the application approval is okay, I still cannot print the "Next Appointment" part - which I assume I need.

I will not install a unsecure operating system with a broken browser just because the IT elite of a country is not able to set up a working website which is built using standards instead of proprietary junk of a big company.

I have been using the 90 days reporting on line from the beginning and it always worked fine for me.

I use IE application with Windows 10 but when I want to print the Application Approval or The Next Appointment I got an error message. I found a way to print these but I have to use Firefox or Chrome:

- Go to http://www.immigration.go.th/

- Click on Notification of staying over 90 days  in the menu on the left of the page.

- Scroll down to the very bottom of the page and click on notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days via Internet

- A new window will open with the usual on line reporting site where you proceed as usual by checking the status of your application and hopefully print both items.

If I use this procedure with IE, I cannot print. If I go directly to notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days via Internet

with Firefox or Chrome I still cannot print anything. Strange.

20 hours ago, Wake Up said:

I have MacBook Pro. I used every user agent available but when I hit SUBMIT nothing happened so I would start again.  I wasted hours. Based on your experience next time I am going hit Submit and walk away for 10 plus minutes to see if it works. If it does I will be very grateful for your post. Thank you for the information of your experience. 

A couple of weeks ago on my mac desktop safari I tried several different versions of IE via user agent ,hitting the submit button (the icon over it variously changes to arrow/hand/cursor so not sure of this relevance). Just kept ending up with the white screen even after leaving it for several minutes,so don't get your hopes up,but please report if you get anywhere. The latest PISA results probably explain the real reasons.

43 minutes ago, Zyxel said:

I have been using the 90 days reporting on line from the beginning and it always worked fine for me.

I use IE application with Windows 10 but when I want to print the Application Approval or The Next Appointment I got an error message. I found a way to print these but I have to use Firefox or Chrome:

- Go to http://www.immigration.go.th/

- Click on Notification of staying over 90 days  in the menu on the left of the page.

- Scroll down to the very bottom of the page and click on notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days via Internet

- A new window will open with the usual on line reporting site where you proceed as usual by checking the status of your application and hopefully print both items.

If I use this procedure with IE, I cannot print. If I go directly to notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days via Internet

with Firefox or Chrome I still cannot print anything. Strange.

Thank you so much! I did what you suggested and the printing worked first time, using Chrome. Brilliant!

So here is the complete method that I used, on a MacBook Pro, to successfully do my 90 day report online, including how to print:

Please note: This is specifically for a MacBook Pro but it may well help owners of other computers – especially Step 3, below. 

Step 1:

Launch Safari. From the Safari menu bar (top of your screen) click “Safari”. From the drop down menu click “Preferences” and  then select the “Advanced” tab.

From the drop down menu click on “Internet Explorer 8”.

Step 2:

Go to the immigration 90 day website and fill in the required fields. Use uppercase. Use the drop down menus for your nationality and arrival date. You may have to wait a while for the drop downs to appear.

Step 3: 

MOST IMPORTANT! If nothing appears to happen after you click on “Submit”, be patient. My internet is quite fast but it still took about 10 minutes for the second page to appear.

The second page is for your postal address, email address and a few other things. When you submit this page you'll be given a reference number which means your application has been received and is being processed.

Step 4:

To find out if your 90 day report has been approved, you must log back in to the website and click on “Check the status of your application” and use your reference number. When it shows the status as approved, you must move on to Step 5.

Step 5:

Download Chrome if you haven't already got it. Don't do anything to make it imitate Internet Explorer (I.E.)

- Using Chrome, go to http://www.immigration.go.th/
- Enter the website.
- Click on “Notification of staying over 90 days” in the menu on the left of the page.
- Scroll down to the very bottom of the page and click on “notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days via Internet”.
- A new window will open with the usual on line reporting site where you proceed as usual by checking the status of your application using your reference number.
- On the approval page, click on “View”.
- This will take you to a new page with “Application (PRINT)” and “The Next Appointment (PRINT) at the bottom.
- You should now be able to successfully print – at least, I was!

On 07/12/2016 at 6:12 PM, realenglish1 said:

It should be the responsibility of the Immigration department to make sure that on line reporting is working well and all can apply on line

Right now It is not working well So sad 

I tried only once to use this site about half a year ago, nothing seems to have changed, perhaps someone could send a letter to the head of immigration making them aware of this and the many frustrations the intending users are facing. Who knows some might get their asses for wanting the system to be a failed system, that is unless it comes all the way from the top ? 

On 07/12/2016 at 7:27 PM, Sparkles said:

Online doesnt work for me but Thai PO does, EMS both ways,which means you can easily track its progress.Total cost 47 baht. been doing it for 2 years.

Once a year visit to CM Immigration for yearly extension is more than enough for me.

Thailand is still very much 3rd world when it comes to internet application

Do you actually send your original passport with the paperwork via EMS ?

Archived