90 day reporting online: How I got it to work

macahoom

On 12/7/2016 at 3:54 PM, Wake Up said:

I have MacBook Pro. I used every user agent available but when I hit SUBMIT nothing happened so I would start again.  I wasted hours. Based on your experience next time I am going hit Submit and walk away for 10 plus minutes to see if it works. If it does I will be very grateful for your post. Thank you for the information of your experience. 

Sorry to say that you're out of luck with a Mac - there's simply no Internet Explorer there. It's not as if the website checks the browser's signature (which can be easily faked, read above), it's the fact that the programming is such that it uses certain callback (Web2) functions in a way that is no longer supported by browsers other than IE (since like forever), thus you end up with a fast growing pile of pending server requests whenever you type in another character of your name (was supposed to be an "intelligent" auto-complete function) or start choosing tambon/ampoer/changwat from the dropdown boxes. Anyone who got it to work with a browser other than IE must have had either a very old browser version, a ton of memory, full moon at the crossroad at midnight of a fair mix of those. Solution: Internet shop, albeit I wouldn't really recommend that, because the security certificate the website uses are invalid, so you won't get an encrypted connection, and Internet shops are notorious for watching over your shoulder...

1 hour ago, AsiaCheese said:

Sorry to say that you're out of luck with a Mac - there's simply no Internet Explorer there. It's not as if the website checks the browser's signature (which can be easily faked, read above), it's the fact that the programming is such that it uses certain callback (Web2) functions in a way that is no longer supported by browsers other than IE (since like forever), thus you end up with a fast growing pile of pending server requests whenever you type in another character of your name (was supposed to be an "intelligent" auto-complete function) or start choosing tambon/ampoer/changwat from the dropdown boxes. Anyone who got it to work with a browser other than IE must have had either a very old browser version, a ton of memory, full moon at the crossroad at midnight of a fair mix of those. Solution: Internet shop, albeit I wouldn't really recommend that, because the security certificate the website uses are invalid, so you won't get an encrypted connection, and Internet shops are notorious for watching over your shoulder...

You say: "Sorry to say that you're out of luck with a Mac".

I don't know if you've read all the posts in this thread but, if you read my post number 26, you'll see that I got it to work, including the printing, using a Mac.

It was far from straightforward, quite convoluted in fact, but it worked and I now have my 90 day report without having to go to the office in person.

Of course it remains to be seen if it will work again in another three months.

Archived