Thai Police Probe American Tourists Claims of Attempted Rape and Kidnapping by Man in Police Uniform

webfact

3 hours ago, chiang mai said:

Shame you wont let the Thai police investigate the matter before finding them guilty!

So she jumped out of a window with her hands tied, hmm, OK. And then she caught a taxi and then flew out of the country, say what! No questions by the taxi driver, no trip to the embassy or Provincial Police, just straight out of the country on a plane.

Unless a plausible account emerges to fill in the gaps in a credible fashion, I say that's a suspicious report at best, BS at worst..

I   think you are so right...this story sounds fabricated…unfortunately; American women tend to exaggerate and outright lie to cover up or explain away inappropriate, but consensual behavior.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, z42 said:

I think we all know how the investigation will end up. Denials, defamation suits mulled, and no actual investigative work whatsoever... If what the American girl said took place actually did then I have the utmost sympathy because any investigation will go nowhere sadly

In this specific case I disagree with you. The story as it now stands is shaky and doesn't make sense. Lets hope the truth comes out whichever way that may go.

4 hours ago, chiang mai said:

Shame you wont let the Thai police investigate the matter before finding them guilty!

So she jumped out of a window with her hands tied, hmm, OK. And then she caught a taxi and then flew out of the country, say what! No questions by the taxi driver, no trip to the embassy or Provincial Police, just straight out of the country on a plane.

Unless a plausible account emerges to fill in the gaps in a credible fashion, I say that's a suspicious report at best, BS at worst..

She didn't just drive to the airport.

She went to the embassy but was told she needed a police report before they could help.

She tried to fly out of the country earlier on but couldn't because of some unclear issue [someone has suggested visa issues with a flight landing in China, but I don't know if that is correct].

She didn't trust the police after her alleged ordeal.

Now I do agree that the story stretches credulity somewhat.

Very odd story.

Disturbing, if true, for the poor girl... but lucky compared to others like Hannah gervoise.

what is farcical, is that there was a story recently ( may have heard it on the radio) about a man who was caught wearing full military regalia, because he liked too, even though he wasn't connected to the military.... but no charges were laid.

the alleged abduction/ rape could have been by anyone.

Stickboy has a very good view on this. Far, far more to this than the so-called victim makes out. Wouldn't be the first time that foreigners have been caught out making up stories to cover their own shortcomings. Like not having the fare home etc.

For all I know, it also wouldn't be the first time, that a cop is doing some shady business...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Did American tourist Alex Fairfield get abducted in Bangkok?

By Coconuts Bangkok 

alex_0.jpg

Fairfield's alleged abduction injuries. Photos: Samantha Jo Moore/Facebook

BANGKOK: -- The story of Alex Fairfield, an American tourist in Bangkok who was allegedly drugged, abducted and beaten on Sunday night have been circulating online but no one seems able to confirm the strange story.

After the reports got lots of attention due to some strange elements, the Thai police are looking into the case.

The story goes like this: Alex Fairfield 26, from Ravenna, Michigan, came to Bangkok for a two-week vacation using a Groupon, according to this story,with a man only identified as Joe. They went out for a drink on Sunday and she began to feel woozy while her friend was in the bathroom. She woke up in a strange place tied up. No word on where Joe was, she managed to loosen her ropes and escape and send some pictures to her family of her bruised arms and face.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/12/08/did-american-tourist-alex-fairfield-get-abducted-bangkok

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2016-12-08

The whole story is very sketchy. Maybe a lot got lost in the reporting, but the story sounds... odd.

If she was indeed abducted, i really hope the police will actively work at resolving that.

But for now, there are too many troubling things like the existence of the gofundme page or the type and location of the injuries* that make me feel cautious about taking sides.

*the scraping on the chin is almost 100% from a fall. The marks on the hand and the arm don't look like something you'd get by being beaten up or bound, but again look a lot like scraping from a fall. I'm no forensic expert, it's just that a couple months ago I had a few too many drinks, tripped on the uneven curb in front of my house and landed over my hand and hit my chin... and that's almost exactly what it looked like (although no mark on my arm)

1 minute ago, jybkk said:

The whole story is very sketchy. Maybe a lot got lost in the reporting, but the story sounds... odd.

If she was indeed abducted, i really hope the police will actively work at resolving that.

But for now, there are too many troubling things like the existence of the gofundme page or the type and location of the injuries* that make me feel cautious about taking sides.

*the scraping on the chin is almost 100% from a fall. The marks on the hand and the arm don't look like something you'd get by being beaten up or bound, but again look a lot like scraping from a fall. I'm no forensic expert, it's just that a couple months ago I had a few too many drinks, tripped on the uneven curb in front of my house and landed over my hand and hit my chin... and that's almost exactly what it looked like (although no mark on my arm)

Except personal experience tells me that just falling over results in breaking the wrist - as we automatically protect the head.

8 minutes ago, Rob13 said:

Her injuries don't look to be serious, she got her flight home. So now she's home safe, what does she need $10,000 for? If she's for real she needs to returning that money.

Rape or attempted rape is very traumatizing. Maybe she will use the money to get councilling. I knew a girl who was raped way back when I was at college she had to go into rehab for 3 months.

8 hours ago, thai3 said:

Bound up but managed to jump out the window and hide in bushes for 6 hours, sounds like a fantasy.

Bound up but escaped.... just an incompetent knot, made by an incompetent abductor.... ( as she managed to escape)... nothing new there.... much like the alleged murderer, still bashing girls with iron bars, after seven years as a wanted man.

incompetence, plain and simple.

8 hours ago, chiang mai said:

Yeah, sounds like a female Macgyver. The western news media is after Thailand bad these days also with false news stories, but it is possible who knows for sure besides the girl.

Three days and $10K after there are still no details on where did that happen, just some bar down some soi from some hotel in a 15 mil city. Also some airline canceled her tickets for some reason.

One thing in this story is certain, them bruises sure do heal fast, judging by recent photos in her FB.

24 minutes ago, ezrider62 said:

Yeah, sounds like a female Macgyver. The western news media is after Thailand bad these days also with false news stories, but it is possible who knows for sure besides the girl.

Many of us have our reservations, but there are some posts that just 'put our back up' - and this is a prime example.

Do you honestly think that there are many "false news stories" (quick edit - insofar as foreigners being attacked whilst here!) coming out of Thailand??

Edited by dick dasterdly

26 minutes ago, ezrider62 said:

7 minutes ago, SicTransit said:

Three days and $10K after there are still no details on where did that happen, just some bar down some soi from some hotel in a 15 mil city. Also some airline canceled her tickets for some reason.

One thing in this story is certain, them bruises sure do heal fast, judging by recent photos in her FB.

The posters above have 4 posts and 3 posts to their name (at the moment) - and yet feel qualified to be so aggressive about this topic?

15 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

The posters above have 4 posts and 3 posts to their name (at the moment) - and yet feel qualified to be so aggressive about this topic?

I've spent a sizeable amount of time in the past few days researching this story. This makes me feel qualified to state the facts, or rather the absense of them.

2 minutes ago, SicTransit said:

I've spent a sizeable amount of time in the past few days researching this story.

There's nothing to research. It's a one-sided story with no witnesses. 

2 minutes ago, Rob13 said:

It's a one-sided story with no witnesses. 

There's a huge trail of comments, photos, news stories, "relatives" and "family" cleaning up the gofundme campaign comments section of inquirers. But yeah, in the end it seems to boil down to this. Maybe I should set up a gofundme campaign to compensate for all the wasted time.

16 minutes ago, SicTransit said:

There's a huge trail of comments, photos, news stories, "relatives" and "family" cleaning up the gofundme campaign comments section of inquirers.

Seems real odd to me  that in the midst of a life threatening  crisis someone thinks to set a up GoFundMe page especially when lack of funds doesn't seem to be an issue. Usually the requests for $$$  come after things have calmed down and reality sets in about how much hospitalization and lawyers etc will cost. 

Edited by Rob13

16 minutes ago, SicTransit said:

There's a huge trail of comments, photos, news stories, "relatives" and "family" cleaning up the gofundme campaign comments section of inquirers. But yeah, in the end it seems to boil down to this. Maybe I should set up a gofundme campaign to compensate for all the wasted time.

Why on earth would you be so dedicated on researching photos, news stories, relatives, and comments on the "family cleaning up the gofund me campaign"??

You've 4 posts to your name, and yet for some reason you've dedicated your time to this incident???

Edited by dick dasterdly

Why on earth would you be so dedicated on researching photos, news stories, relatives, and comments on the "family cleaning up the gofund me campaign"??

You've 4 posts to your name, and yet for some reason you've dedicated your time to this incident???

If Mr Transit wants to see plenty of pics, background stories, etc, he can check out the topic 'What are you eating now' this has loads of pics and special recipes.

Fascinating.

[emoji102]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app