Safe and sound - German tourist found after disappearing in Koh Chang

webfact

Safe and sound - German tourist found after disappearing in Koh Chang

a2.jpg

Picture: Thairath

KOH CHANG: -- A 60 year old German tourist has been found after a search was mounted by 50 police, soldiers and foundation staff.

Christine Junghanel had been with other tourists at the Klong Plu waterfall when she decided to wander off on a nature trek.

She had been missing for twelve hours.

Fears mounted Tuesday night when she had failed to return by nightfall. Some 50 searchers were mobilized but the search was called off during the night, reported Thairath.

It resumed in the light of morning and at 10.20 am foundation workers found the lady about 500 meters from the falls.

She said that she had been in the area before but could not find the path back after going off on her own. When night fell she decided to sleep out.

She was hungry and dehydrated and was given a banana and some water as she recounted her adventure.

Police said she was one of 10 older people in a tour group staying at the Klong Prao Resort nearby. Her friends had called in the authorities when she failed to return on Tuesday night.

Apparently her last words as she wandered off into the jungle were: "I came here before - don't worry about me".

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-12-08

3 hours ago, webfact said:

60 year old German tourist has been found after a search was mounted by 50 police, soldiers and foundation staff.

Misread it for a second as "60 year old German tourist mounted by 50 police, soldiers and foundation staff"....where's that morning double espresso now..

I can guarantee you if that happened in Malaysia, she would have been given a severe scolding by the park rangers. But in Thailand it is all smiles. Is that a pro or a con of Thailand? I will let the Thaivisa pundits call it.

3 hours ago, Gracas said:

She "was given a banana and some water". May be she should have been given a bill for the 50 people searching for her.

Lets not advise that humanitarian efforts like search and rescue become issues of corruption as well, which would undoubtedly happen here, if a fee were to be charged

ive seen the same argument in oz, where the navy has had to rescue sailors lost in round the world racing, a thousand miles from Perth... I'm of the opinion that it's good practice for them... and the navy (in these cases) get to do something worthwhile in peacetimes, honing their skills and training... besides which, they would otherwise be sitting idle on full pay... vs using a fully paid for resource, for good.

This tourist  is lucky she was found. I hope she coughs up some serious dough for these people

who looked for her. I came here before,  but last time I had enough brains not to get lost.

I hope being lost  has  shown her  that  she is a fool!

Geezer

Just saying, this could happen to anybody at some point in life so why all this negativ comments about the lady and also the people looking for her. After what i understand it's not like she did a dissapairing act on purpose.