West Ham Thread

EastSaxCol

Mr Singh, a good result tonight. Thought your lot played well. Carlton Cole looked pretty sharp again.

You should tell Bellend to go and get fuc_ked, and piss off to Spuds, I'm sure you wont miss him, although the treatment table might providing he hasn't had a fight with it yet.

Apparently the gay welsh <deleted> hasn't been going to training and was refusing to play.....get rid of and sharpish! :o

Bellamy set for City talks

Sky Sports sources understands West Ham have given Craig Bellamy permission to speak to Manchester City.

Bellamy's future at Upton Park has been the subject of intense speculation over the last few days after West Ham rejected bids from City and Tottenham for the Welsh striker.

The former Liverpool and Newcastle star had asked the club to allow him to talk to City and Spurs after turning down the offer of a new deal at Upton Park.

Hammers boss Gianfranco Zola omitted Bellamy from his 18-man squad for Sunday's 3-1 victory over Fulham at Upton Park, increasing speculation that the Welshman is set to leave the East London outfit.

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp conceded after Sunday's draw with portsmouth that he feared he might lose out to City for Bellamy and Spurs are believed to have made a new bid for 28-year-old.

It now appears City have agreed a fee with West Ham for Bellamy as Mark Hughes looks to be reunited with a player he worked with during his time in charge of Blackburn and Wales.

Bellamy is expected to travel to Manchester to hold talks and undergo a medical as City look to tie up a deal for the forward.

Yep, we were ok last night & i was chuffed as i had a feeling Fulham would cause more problems than they actually did so happy days..

Bellamy won't play for the Club again, it's dissapointing of course cos he's a good Player, one of our best, but if he doesn't want to play for the Club, as Zola said, you just have to get on with it & we need to get him out sharpish..

I doubt if they'd selll to T*ttenham because there's no way Levy/Redknapp would part with the required $$ up front & as City are interested, they'd 100% want to sell him to City as City would pay a lot of the Transfer fee up front which means we could re invest x amount almost immediately..

With the way T*ttenham/Levy/Redknapp do business, i doubt if they'd want to pay 5m up front..

Can't believe Carlton Cole's 5 in 5, he's been superb of late & even thouhg i'm not his biggest Fan, credit where credit's due & long may it continue..

Collison will be a very good Footballer in the future, he is now even...

He's got 2 great feet, likes to have a pop at Goal & has a serious engine on him..

To be fair our whole Midfield have been excellent of late with Behrami my favourite by a long way..

I believe this Bellamy sh*t will do us a favour in a round about way & give us a bit more unity, as we appeared to have yesterday so thanks Craig.. :o

l think you are right about the unity in the team, for me 10 or 12 million for a player who spends more than half the season on the treatment table is good buisness. Seems Bellamy has no loyality whatsover, maybe he should remember who took him from Liverpool when his career was going nowhere !!

Thought we played very well yesterday, the midfield were different class, Collinson especially. l think if we can keep the core of the team that played yesterday then the future looks bright, apparently Arsenal are sniffing around Collinson and Sunderland want Collins, can't for the life of me see why we would sell Collins to Sunderland.

Great to see good football back at the Boleyn, really hope the situation off the field doesn't destroy all the good work Zola and Clarke are putting in on it, and good to see Carlton Cole doing well, l've slated him on this forum and l'm happy to eat my words !!!!

Craig who ................................................ ????????????????????????????????????

I'm surprised Bellamy is still there at all. If he hadn't been injured so much I expect he would have gone in the summer. He's scored dome good goals and at times has been our only real attacking threat, but he hasn't exactly been free scoring and too often has been a dead end. If we can strengthen the team with the cash, it will be a good deal and a troublesome player well rid of.

Collison is a great player, and I doubt we would sell except for a lot of money.

Collins to Sunderland is a joke. Why would he go there for a relegation battle and why would we weaken the team by selling a top player who will be hard to replace. Send them Quashie, Davenport and Boa Morte for 4 million.

£14 million for Bellamy. That is a lot of money for an injury prone player.

It's ridiculous money paid by a Club with now, unfortunately, more money than sense...

However their idiocy will benefit us so not a problem in my book..

It's ridiculous money paid by a Club with now, unfortunately, more money than sense...

like i said, 14 million for an injury prone trouble maker is good business.

like i said, 14 million for an injury prone trouble maker is good business.

You're not wrong, we also got ridiculous money for another Welsh Striker, this one being a little bit bigger admittedly signing for Wimbledon for 7.5m, about 10 years ago, who went by the name of John Hartson... :o

Good for me if it happens, invest in a young British Player with potential is always good in my book..

Still, we'd have to get another Striker too with the Bellamy money..

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnatio...91466-22740227/

Hammers look to nail Joe Ledley with £5m bid

Hammers look to nail Ledley with £5m bid

WEST HAM are set to test Cardiff City’s resolve with a £5m bid for Welsh international Joe Ledley.

The Hammers are the latest Premiership club thought to be ready to tempt the Bluebirds with a huge offer – and Everton, Fulham and Spurs are also monitoring him.

City do not want to lose a player who has been central to their climb into the play-off places of the Championship, but chairman Peter Ridsdale has always made it clear that every member of the Ninian Park squad has a price.

Ridsdale has also stated that £6m is the benchmark figure at which the club will listen to offers for Ledley, though a bid of that size from Stoke City was turned down last August.

West Ham, who now have the £14m they received from the sale of Welsh captain Craig Bellamy, are understood to be open to going higher than £5m should the circumstances dictate, but much could depend on the player’s preference and whether Bluebirds boss Dave Jones believes he has time to find a replacement.

No formal bid has yet been put to the Bluebirds for the newly installed skipper, but West Ham are believed to be waiting a day or so for the dust to settle on the Bellamy transfer.

Sources close to the London-based club have told the Western Mail that a first bid of £5m will come in next week.

If City do opt to cash in, Ledley will join fellow Welsh stars like Bellamy, Aaron Ramsey, Gareth Bale, Chris Gunter, Jack Collison, Simon Davies, Danny Gabbidon and James Collins in the top flight.

player coach anyone ... from the Sun today... :o

West Ham midfielder Jack Collison thinks manager Gianfranco Zola is one of the best players at the club - even at 42. "Some of the things he does in training makes us look silly, to be honest. It's just a joy to watch him out there," said the 20-year-old

West Ham midfielder Jack Collison thinks manager Gianfranco Zola is one of the best players at the club - even at 42. "Some of the things he does in training makes us look silly, to be honest. It's just a joy to watch him out there," said the 20-year-old

So that's why we sold Bellamy.... :D

We could do with the Little Magician back at our place :D

We could do with the Little Magician back at our place :D

T'was a fantastic Player & i'll be over the Moon if his Management Career with us would be half as good, he's certainly got us playing the way we want to see Football being played & win, lose or draw, that's alright for me & i really like th elook of what him or Clarke are trying to do... :D

Unfortunately though, being West Ham & for all the posetives that Zola & Clarke bring to the Club, we're bound to get turned over by Hartlepool tomorrow.. :D

Any substance to Carlton Cole going to Spuds? Maybe they will give you Bent in exchange?

The Daily Star are reporting it, what do you reckon ?? :o

8m, bite their hand of if true though...

I'd take Bent in exchange all day long, much better Player who made a bad move going to T*ttenham & now his confidence is shot to bits with his current Manager insulting him on a seemingly daily basis in the National Press..

Darren Bent is not half as clumsey as that clown Carlton Cole if there is a chance of a swap i would take Bent and be very happy also he is a IRON as he stated this when West Ham beat Ipwich in the playoffs

Edited by binnsy

Darren Bent is not half as clumsey as that clown Carlton Cole if there is a chance of a swap i would take Bent and be very happy also he is a IRON as he stated this when West Ham beat Ipwich in the playoffs

Me too Fella, i'm not stupid or deluded even though he's scored 5 in 5, even though credit where credit's due of course..

& just out of curiosity, do you mean Bent's an Iron as in West Ham or an Iron as in, cough cough, our rhyming slang ??

I'll tell you what, i'll do a Man City point of view for the Game, IF they were in this round of the Cup, but they're not cos they got knocked out earlier by Forest at Home 0-3....

But if they was, for that Penalty, they'd say " I don't care if it was outside of the area, we've got loads of money so we don't care " !!!!

Can we say that too ??? :o

From KUMB..

Gianluca Nani has confirmed that West Ham hope to tie up the capture Savio Nsereko within the next few days.

Nani, who was in Italy last week brokering a deal - thought to be worth around £5million plus cluases - to bring the 19-year-old winger to East London told Mediaset last night that he expects the deal to go through soon.

"We are working on Savio and we are well advanced," he said.

The news was also confirmed by one of Nsereko's rpresentatives Patrick Bastianelli who added:

"The player is very close to West Ham. They have accelerated negotiations.

"Savio will go soon, the boy is happy to work with Zola - a great coach with whom he will only grow and improve."

The Hammers have also been linked with Mario Balotelli, the young Milan striker. However Gianluca Nani denied reports that a deal was likely to be struck soon.

"We have never talked to anyone about Balotelli," he said, "but if we have Savio in place then that could be us done in January."

West Ham have been monitoring Balotelli closely and despite Nani's denials have made enquiries into his availibility. The club have also confirmed that the capture of Nsereko may not necessarily be the last bit of business done during this transfer window.

Done deal..

Lot of money for a 19 year old in my opinion, for us anyway..

Still, fingers crossed..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...utd/7851056.stm

West Ham have signed Brescia striker Savio Nsereko and will confirm his capture later on Monday.

The Uganda-born forward will be a direct replacement for Craig Bellamy, who moved to Manchester City last week. The fee for Nsereko, 19, has not been revealed but it is expected to be a club record, topping the £7.5m West Ham paid Liverpool for Bellamy in 2007.