West Ham Thread

EastSaxCol

Have seen plenty of worse performances and the world hasn't ended yet. After a season of Avram Grant or Glenn Roeder, an off day against an underrated team doesn't seem that bad.

Reminds me of my days as a season ticket holder at the Lane in 98....fair dues.

Have seen plenty of worse performances and the world hasn't ended yet. After a season of Avram Grant or Glenn Roeder, an off day against an underrated team doesn't seem that bad.

Spot on! but curious to know what the big fellow is going to do about our strikers; persist with Maiga or put someone else there before Carrol comes back?blink.png

Looks like we signed Carlton Cole again.. I was glad when he left, but I can put up with him as long as he doesn't do any more crazy back passes like the one to Defoe a few years ago.

As a stop gap he's pretty good, in fact he can even be a real handful at times, as long as he hasn't been in his jimjams, toking and eating pizza for the last few monthslaugh.png

Does anyone think we should try and play Vaz Te through the middle - Maiga cannot convert chances - even though he can get in the right positions

Also Nolan and Noble is just not working

A striker was a necessity especially when Carroll is so injury prone

I'm happy for Carlton Cole to fill in. For all his sins, he is good at holding the ball up and even though he's not a natural finisher, he can play Nolan and others in, coming up from midfield. I'm not convinced about Vazte playing this kind of role. He doesn't seem to be a battler He's more of a flash in the pan winger.

• 4 weeks later...

We aren't actually playing that bad. We just aren't doing the job up front. I would give Elliott Lee a go. He's banging them in in the dev squad.

I am sorry but there is no excuse

Carroll was always injury prone - they (we) knew that

They did not sign anyone decent as cover and when they enquired about Lukaku they were told he was going to West Brom and would not talk to them under any circumstances - they should have insisted and even flown a helicopter to wherever he was - you just do not take no for an answer

Upshot was 10 minutes before the deadline he signs for Everton - so much for not talking to anyone!!

Our problem on the transfer front is that we have Brady negotiating - like Tottenham we have learnt that the old style of negotiating has gone out of the window - they brought in Baldini and all of a sudden Levy is a Messiah - coincidence?

Brady may be good at running the club and watching how money is spent, marketing etc etc

However the transfer market is about Football people talking to footballers and agents - Brady just does not fit that mould

And as for bringing in young players and hoping they do well is not the way forward

I would go all out in January to get Defoe who may be disillusioned by then and even Adebayor until the end of the season - otherwise my fellow Hammers - we are going down

We aren't actually playing that bad. We just aren't doing the job up front. I would give Elliott Lee a go. He's banging them in in the dev squad.

They did not sign anyone decent as cover and when they enquired about Lukaku they were told he was going to West Brom and would not talk to them under any circumstances - they should have insisted and even flown a helicopter to wherever he was - you just do not take no for an answer

Upshot was 10 minutes before the deadline he signs for Everton - so much for not talking to anyone!!

Our problem on the transfer front is that we have Brady negotiating - like Tottenham we have learnt that the old style of negotiating has gone out of the window - they brought in Baldini and all of a sudden Levy is a Messiah - coincidence?

Brady may be good at running the club and watching how money is spent, marketing etc etc

However the transfer market is about Football people talking to footballers and agents - Brady just does not fit that mould

And as for bringing in young players and hoping they do well is not the way forward

I would go all out in January to get Defoe who may be disillusioned by then and even Adebayor until the end of the season - otherwise my fellow Hammers - we are going down

I hope you don't go down. The premiership needs great clubs like West Ham, and needs managers of character like Sam (and Arry). Many won't agree with that though.

I hope you don't go down. The premiership needs great clubs like West Ham, and needs managers of character like Sam (and Arry). Many won't agree with that though.

Personally the minute Harry was sacked (released) by Spurs - I would have brought him to West Ham in whatever capacity - even if it meant Big Sam going

Harry had that fire in his belly like AVB had when Chelsea got rid of him - something to prove - Managers always do well when they have that attitude

Unfortunately on current form we are down and our next 2 games Spurs and Man City - probably two losses and minus 6 goal difference - shame we do not play Cardiff every week!

Yes get rid of your youth system and become our rubbish bin.

We'll drop the odd rancid bit of dross your way with pleasure. :D

^^^^^^

I never meant get rid of the Youth/Development Team

But in our current position we cannot really on rookies we need quality up front and we need it now - we had chances to sign players - Remy for one, Lukaku etc etc

Are you telling me in the whole of Europe there was not one available striker on loan - that calls into question our contacts and links - which goes back to the people who run the club

Yes get rid of your youth system and become our rubbish bin.

We'll drop the odd rancid bit of dross your way with pleasure. biggrin.png

Rebrov, Keane, Dumitrescu, Mitchell Thomas, Jimmy Greaves and probably others that slip my mind prove this point..

Edited by tw25rw