Hard Rock Cafe opened.

kalbo123

30 minutes ago, Bill97 said:

They are upfront with their prices, how is it a rip-off?

But they are not upfront with their prices!

As I posted earlier you have to ask one of the staff to see the menu (if they have one) as there is no Price list posted outside, unlike Red Lion next door.

It is interesting that all the outside 'waivers in' carried menus when they first opened but the other night no menus in sight unless you went inside.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you seriously implying that some how a Leo or Tiger purchased at HRC is superior to the same bottle purchased elsewhere? My God you cannot be that much of an elitist. By the way trying to uphold your arguement by bringing up seats prices for airlines is sure twaddle. All of us with half a brain know you get what you pay for when purchasing airline tickets. Bottom line, a Leo or Tiger is the same beer whether purchased at a Mom and Pop shop, a 7-11, HRC, Red Lion. The price at the HRC is a rip off. Go ahead and continue to a shill for the HRC, your cover is blown.

Sent from my SM-T805 using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

26 minutes ago, idman said:

Obviously you are quite comfortable with paying twice as much for Leo or a Tiger Lek. That is what is meant by a rip off. As for food prices, check the prices for similar items at the Red Lion or O'Malleys. Hard Rock Cafe is a tourist trap and rip off joint. I rest my case.

Just now, idman said:

Are you seriously implying that some how a Leo or Tiger purchased at HRC is superior to the same bottle purchased elsewhere? My God you cannot be that much of an elitist. By the way trying to uphold your arguement by bringing up seats prices for airlines is sure twaddle. All of us with half a brain know you get what you pay for when purchasing airline tickets. Bottom line, a Leo or Tiger is the same beer whether purchased at a Mom and Pop shop, a 7-11, HRC, Red Lion. The price at the HRC is a rip off. Go ahead and continue to a shill for the HRC, your cover is blown.

To whom are you speaking?  It's not a rip-off if you don't go there, and I won't. 

21 minutes ago, Bill97 said:

A business class seat is not equal to an economy class seat.

Most people understand the difference

You are not eating the same food or sitting in the same standard of comfort in Business class as economy.  You know why you are paying the different tariffs and what the difference is.

In HRC and RL you are sitting in nearly identical chairs/atmosphere (especially before 7PM) but definitely drinking the same beer at vastly inflated prices in the HRC (don't forget to add the tax on) that you are in the Red Lion or any other similar 'Farang' bar.

Oops!  Near identical post above was made as I was writing this one.

3 minutes ago, idman said:

Welcome to TVF...if you prefer to drink a cold fresh Heineken at mom and pop you are a poor drunk bastard drinking elephant urine.  However, if you pay four times more for a Leo at HRC; you are a wealthy digital nomad out enjoying great music and food.  So, yes, the quality of the beer seems to transform if you pay extortionate prices.  

12 minutes ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

So, yes, the quality of the beer seems to transform if you pay extortionate prices

Does the beer transform or the drinker, and what does it/person transform into. 

We are talking about identical goods and near identical services from 'Farang' bars. 

We are not talking about mom & pop shop/7-11 prices v HRC or any other drinking establishment. It is HRC v other drinking establishments.

[/quote)

Sorry it is beyond you to understand that it is not about the bottle of beer, it is about the experience which includes the environment.

Also you know little about air line tickets if you believe you get what you pay for.

And right, I am a shill for the HR, haven't been in a bar for 15 years not had a beer for 25, you presumptuous twit.

I only read 20 posts of this.  sorry no more

I am assuming that this is a REAL Hard Rock Cafe, not llike the one that was on Loh Kroh RD for many a year. That one was just a bar that the owner copycat'd Hard Rock as he did not have a better idea for a grog shop?

That is the only REAL QUESTION I have ....  Now back to pensioners shop talking about beer prices  and or how they do or don't like seeing Macca D;s Arches when they swill away their pension checks     :D

1 hour ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

Hua Hin Hilton had Happy Hours every night for three hours..2 x 1....no fookin way the HRC crowd has more dinero than the Hilton crowd...let alone the cnx crowd vs. the hua him crowd.  Hooters would have stood a better chance, but still, not at those prices..

Are you in the HRC, or some other such establishment at the moment, as that post makes no sense to me!

3 hours ago, idman said:

Obviously you are quite comfortable with paying twice as much for Leo or a Tiger Lek. That is what is meant by a rip off. As for food prices, check the prices for similar items at the Red Lion or O'Malleys. Hard Rock Cafe is a tourist trap and rip off joint. I rest my case.

Its clearly not aiming for your custom then.. 

Hard Rock is never a budget place, in any of the ones I have been in.. 

3 hours ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

someone named "scottie" can't understand?  And maybe I would agree that Scottish English is easier to understand than some from India; it wouldn't be many

The above comments make no sense either.

Any chance we could get back on topic?

RE HRC and ripping off;  To get back on topic etc

I was at HRC/RL this evening  at 1845.  15 customers in total inside HRC, over 30 inside RL with quite a few customers outside RL checking the Multilingual menus on display outside.  No Menus on display or carried by waiters etc. at HRC.

I Asked for a menu at HRC and was presented with a little glossy promo card for tonight's  Xmas special at I believe 899Baht.  Don't know exactly the price as his thumb was over the price and I was not interested in the promo just the main menu.  Asked again for menu and eventually produced.

1 small Singha (the cheapest bottle beer available) was advertised at 170 Baht.  Only mention of the 10% tax is the smallest script on the menu in the top right hand corner of the full  menu.

Red Lion had more than twice the customers at the same time and their Singha is clearly displayed at 75Baht and that includes all taxes etc.

Who Is doing the ripping off? Same beer, same situation/location. (oh and RL had big screen TVs on.  Did not see any 'entertainment' at HRC).

Please remember we are not talking about 'mom & pop' or 7/11

I doubt it...they looked kind of desperate for customers at 20:30 on Thursday night.  I think that may have been when it had a near monopoly on late night spots near Nimman.  The band members outnumbered the customers.  People can say that is early until they are blue in the face, but if it's lights out at 00:00, they aren't making enough to pay for electricity.  The potential is there, but of course that has never meant anything, here.  They were having a festival at Prasertland this weekend...surprised there hasn't been complaints on TV...you could hear it up here a mile away.

re

I think that may have been when it had a near monopoly on late night spots near Nimman.

your joking right ?

tawan dang is 200 yards away from infinity and was probably built years before it

and maldives is 200 yards away as well so they have never had a monopoly in the last

11 years that i know of and warm up is only a five minit walk down the road as well !

dave2 

halloween tawan dang club bar 31 oct 15 20151031_143204.jpg

prasertland club bar maldives 7 sept 13 2013-09-07 14.54.06.jpg

at the time of the fee, I don't think the others were opened late into the night, like Infinity was...but I was just going by the reports here.  Can't see anyone paying 200 to get in, if the others were open, but then again, some are paying 187 for a small from a company owned by a Florida Indian Tribe.

On 12/24/2016 at 3:15 PM, idman said:

You sound like the twin brother of KKK.

re

at the time of the fee, I don't think the others were opened late into the night, like Infinity was...but I was just going by the reports here

absolute rubbish !

you are saying something you read on here by someone who didnt know what he

was talking about ( read most people here ... you included ) are facts

the only club in prasertland that died / closed was sugar beat or sometimes known as the the sofa club about seven years ago

tawan dang infinity and the maldives have always been more or less thai only unless you were with a group of thais for years and all of them went into the small hours until recently but warm up has never turned away foreigners

or tourists that i know of

if you know facts about something in chiang mai please post it here !

if you dont .... please keep quiet :)

dave2

ps ... you didnt answer my question about the 200 baht entrance fee

so have you ever actually been in infinity or know where sugar beet club was ? 

prasertland club bar sofa house sugar beet 7 sept 13 2013-09-07 14.52.15.jpg

re

I've been to Infinity, didn't pay a cover and they had a two large Heineken for 150 promo...about two years ago

fair enough ... thank you !

re

As far as your attempt to insult me...stick and stones can break my bones; but not old invalids with a dirty diaper and a cane

oh dear .... i sorry ... i didnt know i was talking to a

dave2

cmis school goldilocks on trial hysterical girl 21 mar 15 DSC04789.jpg

23 minutes ago, dave2 said:

re

I've been to Infinity, didn't pay a cover and they had a two large Heineken for 150 promo...about two years ago

fair enough ... thank you !

re

As far as your attempt to insult me...stick and stones can break my bones; but not old invalids with a dirty diaper and a cane

oh dear .... i sorry ... i didnt know i was talking to a

dave2

cmis school goldilocks on trial hysterical girl 21 mar 15 DSC04789.jpg

Well done dave2, love your work mate.

You have shown again that this troll of many names in the past is still just a troubled, troublesome loser prima donna troll.

Archived