Recommended tire change - how many kms?

JaiLai

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=motorcycle+tire+wear+bars

But you made a good choice with the Rosso 2, I have them on my CBR500R and they are excellent.

This gist is: nobody can predict the km you'll get out of a tire as it heavily depends on how and where you ride. Read about how to inspect tires and look at them every now and then. Also give it the beans and break hard from time to time to see how traction is holding up.

12 hours ago, JaiLai said:

Wear bars, how would one identify them?

Thanks.

They're small rubber bars that you can feel when you stick your finger into the groove of the tyre.  You'll know when you feel one, it's like a small bump and stands out against the smooth rubber.

For my bikes I change somewhere past 50% depending on where that happens in reference to the rainy season. You do not want bald tires on wet roads - ask me how I know that ! My thought - on a bike - all that keeps me from the Pearly Gates (who am I kidding - I am southbound for sure !)  is the small rubber contact patches front and back. So keep excellent tires all the time. A new Rosso II is only 4000 and change for the rear. My life is worth that for sure. I find two rears to one front seems what I get with my bikes. But I do not baby them.

Manufacturers say when the wearbars are level with the tread, change time. But I never wait that long - even with car and truck tires.

14 hours ago, akirasan said:

They're small rubber bars that you can feel when you stick your finger into the groove of the tyre.  You'll know when you feel one, it's like a small bump and stands out against the smooth rubber.

That's what she said,

more or less.

On 12/9/2016 at 7:25 PM, eisfeld said:

Here a recent thread on this topic:

I also have a Forza with about the same mileage as you, but my rear tyre is still good, I am only changing it as I have a plug in it.

Maybe you need to change your back tyre as you double up sometimes, something I have never done on my Forza.

On 11/12/2016 at 5:44 AM, possum1931 said:

I also have a Forza with about the same mileage as you, but my rear tyre is still good, I am only changing it as I have a plug in it.

Maybe you need to change your back tyre as you double up sometimes, something I have never done on my Forza.

Note that noone in this thread has a Forza (or at least mentioned that). The quote is from another thread and not me.

But yea riding with pillion will also influence tire lifetime. On a scooter for the worse because of added weight, on a big bike maybe for the better as one rides more sensibly? :)