American Tourist Alleging Bangkok Abduction Speaks Out

snoop1130

American Tourist Alleging Bangkok Abduction Speaks Out

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

fairfield.jpg

Alexandra Fairfield in a 2012 Facebook photo.

BANGKOK — One moment Alexandra Fairfield says she was dancing at a bar Saturday night in the Silom area. The next, the 26-year-old said, everything went foggy and she was taken to a windowless room where a man attempted to sexually assault her.

Addressing questions raised after reports based on a family member’s account appeared in the media, Fairfield recounted Friday dramatic details of a struggle with an attacker she described as wearing a tan uniform that ended with her escaping by leaping from a balcony.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2016/12/09/american-tourist-alleging-bangkok-abduction-speaks/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2016-12-09

2 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

I am calling BS and you are falling for it !

BS? Lol. Nobody's falling for anything. Things like this happen on a regular basis, it just doesn't make it to the news most of the time. If you think this is bs then I don't know which world you exist in, clearly not this one so refrain from having an opinion on something you don't know anything about. 

4 hours ago, A1Str8 said:

BS? Lol. Nobody's falling for anything. Things like this happen on a regular basis, it just doesn't make it to the news most of the time. If you think this is bs then I don't know which world you exist in, clearly not this one so refrain from having an opinion on something you don't know anything about. 

Many years ago, I traveled often to Boston for work.  There is/was a seedy section of town where the guys would go from time to time.  Fun bars, cheap booze, etc.  It was always a rule...only drink beer and watch them open it.  Never ever order a cocktail.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mickey_Finn_(drugs)

Now the story makes more sense but I wonder if she was travelling alone and where this bar is she was drinking at and dancing.  I wish she would give actual details- Why did she go there; who recommended it; Did she go by taxi or bus etc etc. Why would she think the police were possibly involved?  There are so many loose ends. She is now in America. Certainly a report should be made to alert potential travelers of the danger.  If she was indeed drugged and taken to a room for a potential rape or other- this suggests a group of people doing this and they are still out there. There will be another victim.

2 hours ago, yellowboat said:

She was just another innocent tourist who did not realize where she was and what she was doing could allow people to harm her.  Thailand can be a very dangerous place.   

Most major cities in the world have potential to  be dangerous.

20 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

Some arm chair detective work.
1) Is this S......Plaza?
2) Is this her hotel?
3) Look how close they are. Why didn't she simply cross over the road to get back to her hotel?

Lots of of detective work also done in this thread: 

It would seem from that thread the her story has "more holes than a colander" as one poster put it. 

Read the other thread and judge for yourself

Edited by CanInBKK
Snipped quoted pics

4 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

Ha! we meet again. Have you read the full article? Sounds like one of those ' Mickey Finn' capers although the officers say they can't confirm anything.

"Ha! We meet again."? Who do you think you are? Some Batman Villain or dime store novel gangster?

My ''nonsense'' was directed at the ''woman only get assaulted because they don't by drinks'' message of the post.

I never said the woman wasn't drugged.

""Ha! We meet again.'' Good Grief...

3 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

"Ha! We meet again."? Who do you think you are? Some Batman Villain or dime store novel gangster?

My ''nonsense'' was directed at the ''woman only get assaulted because they don't by drinks'' message of the post.

I never said the woman wasn't drugged.

""Ha! We meet again.'' Good Grief...

You misunderstand. I asked a genuine question not about your comment which I thought was right. You sound very self...

Just now, TKDfella said:

You misunderstand. I asked a genuine question not about your comment which I thought was right. You sound very self...

So why quote me if you have genuine question not about my comment?

However, that said, i see what you were saying.

Just now, Bluespunk said:

So why quote me if you have genuine question not about my comment?

However, that said, i see what you were saying.

I just wondered if you had read the main article? I seem to recollect other articles where 'mickeys' have been used here...sounds like they are easy to get. I'm ignorant of bar life sine I don't drink alcohol or go to clubs (and I'm not saying you do). Do you think her story is legitimate?

1 minute ago, TKDfella said:

I just wondered if you had read the main article? I seem to recollect other articles where 'mickeys' have been used here...sounds like they are easy to get. I'm ignorant of bar life sine I don't drink alcohol or go to clubs (and I'm not saying you do). Do you think her story is legitimate?

Honestly, I don't know.

It's one of the strangest, most convoluted stories I've read in a while.

The different newspaper reports of what happened haven't helped.

Just now, Bluespunk said:

Honestly, I don't know.

It's one of the strangest, most convoluted stories I've read in a while.

The different newspaper reports of what happened haven't helped.

Would have like to know how high that balcony was she she apparently jumped from for example.

8 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

Many years ago, I traveled often to Boston for work.  There is/was a seedy section of town where the guys would go from time to time.  Fun bars, cheap booze, etc.  It was always a rule...only drink beer and watch them open it.  Never ever order a cocktail.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mickey_Finn_(drugs)

Yes that will probably be the War Zone as it was known in the eighties.

In Thailand any drugs are very easily available and there is lots of information on how to use them available on the web.  Just a different spin on rape which the Thai's seem to be very fond of.

16 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Yes that will probably be the War Zone as it was known in the eighties.

In Thailand any drugs are very easily available and there is lots of information on how to use them available on the web.  Just a different spin on rape which the Thai's seem to be very fond of.

LOL.  That was it!  The War Zone.  Had a few great nights there.  Dodgy as heck!

3 hours ago, CanInBKK said:

Lots of of detective work also done in this thread: 

It would seem from that thread the her story has "more holes than a colander" as one poster put it. 

Read the other thread and judge for yourself

The 'victim's' mom is now a member and answering questions on the other thread.