Three left dead in Hua Hin after husband sees wife chatting with a painter

rooster59

Sad story this one is, and 3 lives taken because of jealousy .

I am thinking that there seems to be a lot of pistols in Thailand

these days.  Getting more dangerous all the time.  I feel sorry for the

families of these three people, and hope there were no young kids

who now do not have their parents. RIP

7 deadly sins, and more than10 commandments.  It is a very rare

person who can get all the way through life, who obeys every one.

I know that I have failed and am  a sinner.  Just trying to live

one more year without P#ssing off someone who pulls a gun

and shoots me dead.

Geezer

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my opinion the problem is much deeper!  In general it is a lack of education.  Majority of Thai men I have met are really immature. I say to myself all the time and try to teach my own son here that you can look like a man, carry the tool of a man, but what makes a real man is what you are made of inside and many here lack confidence and are insecure.

20 hours ago, The man from udon said:

Jealousy,one of the 7 deadly sins.these are the only race of people who break all seven of them.the wife was probably only asking the painter if he could do a bit of work around her house as the husband was suffering from sloth.

Jealousy is only one of three possible motivators in this sad case. Number two is perceived loss of face and number three is the possible involvement of Ya Ba amphetamines which are endemic in the Thai working class. It notably causes uncontrolable rage but they are inexplicably considering decriminalizing it.  For all you gun control advocates, 'S. E. Asia is awash with guns, mostly not registered.  A fruit seller with a legal registered handgun?  Possible but unlikely.  Owing to poor journalism this aspect is almost never considered important in comparison with the sensational aspects of these events, encouraging speculation that further gun control legislation would have prevented this tragedy. With so many soft borders, and so many available illegal guns and amphetaminesee it is unrealistic to expect that these rage killings are going to abate any time soon.   It will require huge changes in local society rather than just another ignored gun control law.  Only the law abiding alllow themselves to be controlled by laws. Look at the total lack of compliance with road and driving laws for another obvious example. The too common local attitude is to simply ignore any and all laws that interfere with the selfish me-first approach to life.  Sad but true

1 hour ago, thailand49 said:

In my opinion the problem is much deeper!  In general it is a lack of education.  Majority of Thai men I have met are really immature. I say to myself all the time and try to teach my own son here that you can look like a man, carry the tool of a man, but what makes a real man is what you are made of inside and many here lack confidence and are insecure.

A good start for men in general, particularly in Asia.  We need about twenty million fathers teaching this here.  It''s going to take while.  Teaching it in school's and encouraging it in popular media (soap operas etc) would help too.  

1 hour ago, The Deerhunter said:

A good start hfor men in general, particularly in Asia.  We need about twenty million fathers teaching this here.  It''s going to take while.  Teaching it in school's and encouraging it in popular media (soap operas etc) would help too.  

I'm not as optimistic! How does a Thai parent or man teach something they have no idea what we like in myself is talking about?  My son to a certain degree but there are times I lecture him and his friends and I can see in their faces they have no idea what I am talking about. A facial expression to my son like " your dad is crazy " this is Thailand we don't do that here.  I talk how important school is or there is a curfew and they and parents are looking at me like What?  Tell them,  you got to be a certain age to drink or to buy alcohol?  You got to have wait a bit longer before you can learn how to drive a motorbike?  Where do you find these teachers, not in school, that is like asking this government to fix the problem with their driving?  They go through the motion but have no idea how to do it!  We are asking something foreign to their leaders! 

On 11/12/2016 at 8:54 AM, thailand49 said:

I'm not as optimistic! How does a Thai parent or man teach something they have no idea what we like in myself is talking about?  My son to a certain degree but there are times I lecture him and his friends and I can see in their faces they have no idea what I am talking about. A facial expression to my son like " your dad is crazy " this is Thailand we don't do that here.  I talk how important school is or there is a curfew and they and parents are looking at me like What?  Tell them,  you got to be a certain age to drink or to buy alcohol?  You got to have wait a bit longer before you can learn how to drive a motorbike?  Where do you find these teachers, not in school, that is like asking this government to fix the problem with their driving?  They go through the motion but have no idea how to do it!  We are asking something foreign to their leaders! 

I did say it was going to take a while.  It seems you agree.  Your points were all exactly the same as mine!!

On 10/12/2016 at 7:30 PM, Essaybloke said:

Do you mean Apache Indian 'stereotypes'? How do you know they had a monopoly on poor emotional self-control?  And BTW all of the Thai people I know (dozens at least) are very nice people who could teach anyone about self control. Why don't you run away from your missus, perhaps you'll be doing her a favor?

Because I'm her prized buffalo and worth a lot of money so she ain't letting me go nowhere until I'm potless and of no more use to her.

Some posts containing overly derogatory generalizations have been removed as well as the replies:

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/12/2016 at 0:31 PM, Cook my sock said:

Chip about women? Can we help

Yes that would really help.. I feel like the whole world is against me as every time I get a gf her buffalo gets sick then her brother comes around all the time when I am out looking for hand outs. 

Any advice from the experts would be wonderful. 

Archived