Bike for a complete newbie (almost)

wannabebiker

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/10/2017 at 0:12 AM, KhruGin said:

Umm, MT03 maybe? Yep a split thread for half of this thread wouldn't go amiss.

So wannabebiker, what have you got/are getting?

I got a CBR650F. Got 12 hours of intensive 1on1 training over 3 days on track and so on. I feel fairly confident and the start-stop traffic of Bangkok has taught me the game of the clutch quickly. Only thing I'm not a 100% confident with is lane splitting. I prefer to ride next to the curb passing cars, between cars is too.. tight with that bike. Got about 200 miles down so far. 

4 minutes ago, wannabebiker said:

I got a CBR650F. Got 12 hours of intensive 1on1 training over 3 days on track and so on. I feel fairly confident and the start-stop traffic of Bangkok has taught me the game of the clutch quickly. Only thing I'm not a 100% confident with is lane splitting. I prefer to ride next to the curb passing cars, between cars is too.. tight with that bike. Got about 200 miles down so far. 

Cool.

Soon you will be riding kilometres

[rather than miles].

46 minutes ago, wannabebiker said:

Useful tip/ trick is to utilize the back brake to regulate speed when filtering in traffic.....this enables you to keep revs high enough and don't have to clutch it all time ...as well as stabilizing the bike..

...and hope you were instructed about counter-steering technique ?... 

22 hours ago, William Osborne said:

Useful tip/ trick is to utilize the back brake to regulate speed when filtering in traffic.....this enables you to keep revs high enough and don't have to clutch it all time ...as well as stabilizing the bike..

...and hope you were instructed about counter-steering technique ?... 

well, sort of? my teacher doesnt know what it is (or i havent reached that stage yet.. counter steering meant nothing to him, not a native english speaker). I watched youtube videos and rented a scooter to test it out. its so counter-intuitive that its hard for me to implement in my riding on the big bike. Ill have to find someone to teach me that properly.

well, sort of? my teacher doesnt know what it is (or i havent reached that stage yet.. counter steering meant nothing to him, not a native english speaker). I watched youtube videos and rented a scooter to test it out. its so counter-intuitive that its hard for me to implement in my riding on the big bike. Ill have to find someone to teach me that properly.

Try and find a quiet road and take it steady, once you get the hang of it it's a good technique to use. There's no substitute for practice.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

• 2 weeks later...