AIS moves to wean customers off 7-Eleven prepaid refill cards

webfact

6 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

And I've been standing in a queue at an ATM with 3 or 4 people in front of me doing the same, or sending money or whatever else they do, which takes forever, and all I want is a quick 5K which takes mere seconds :angry: Bloody annoying.

I find the quick 200 baht on top of the 5k much more annoying.

Mobile top ups via ATM are free BTW and can be done at any flavour of ATM so no need to get in a queue unless you insist on doing ATM business in shopping malls on paydays and national holidays.

7 hours ago, MaiCM said:

I've also seen plenty of those (usually orange colored) top-up machines in front of a 7-11 that will gladly top up your AIS prepaid haha

Yes and some only take coins,no problem you can change money in the 7/11!!!!!!

Orange colored machines do not add a fee for AIS topups of 100 Baht or more.

Machine accepts notes. They are virtually everywhere (not only at chain shops).

(DTAC costs 5 Baht for 100 BTW)

Also I tried the menu at my Bangkok Bank ATM and did not see an additional fee (I didn't execute it). With Bangkok Bank ATM card of course.

If am lazy I use online topup from the account.

59 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I find the quick 200 baht on top of the 5k much more annoying.

Mobile top ups via ATM are free BTW and can be done at any flavour of ATM so no need to get in a queue unless you insist on doing ATM business in shopping malls on paydays and national holidays.

I don't get that charge as I am withdrawing from my Thai bank account  :giggle:

10 hours ago, rixalex said:

Topped up at the ATM for the first time. Very simple and easy. Now i don't have to waste time queuing in 7-11s, or getting pissed off with the queue jumpers. ATMs everywhere. Wish i'd cottoned on to this method a long time ago. Truly weaned off.

So another person I will have to stand behind at the ATM....

I got stuck behind some woman buying books at the ATM a month or two ago. That is to say nothing of the people that have multiple cards and take 10+ minutes at the end of the month.

:mad:

So many ways to top up7/11 just not need.

top up at atm

top up at the mobile rifill machines

top up online via provider website

top up from online banking

top up from mobile banking app

top up from mom &  pop shops

top up via a friend transferring funds to you

top up via online agents from any location in the world

The list goes on ...

AIS just need educate the customer and fine tune the services .

11 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

So another person I will have to stand behind at the ATM....

I got stuck behind some woman buying books at the ATM a month or two ago. That is to say nothing of the people that have multiple cards and take 10+ minutes at the end of the month.

:mad:

Queues at ATMs are annoying but generally you can immediately see what the situation is from a distance and walk on to the next ATM if needs be. When topping up from the 7-11 on the other hand, it wasn't until walking into the shop and standing at the counter that it became apparent how annoyed one was going to get with slow staff, dithering customers, or queue jumpers, by which time it would be too late to back out without potentially wasting even more time at another 7-11.

Topping up at the ATM takes no more time than withdrawing money.

Did me a favor actually. Discovered MobileTopUp.com since and now top up anytime/anywhere from any device with my credit card. No service fee...buy B300 get B300. Can top up to any number AND my CC pays 1.5% cash back!

Note that there is a fee for using PayPal, but fee free with a direct CC transaction. :thumbsup: