Police check point @ Chalong Circle

Kaalle

Thailand never ceases to amaze me. Does anyone else find it disgusting that the police dont use disposable mouth pieces for the breathalizer? Nice to know you are putting your mouth over something thats been blown in to by people who have probably blown other things as well.

Edited by Kaalle

You cannot catch anything from a used mouthpiece. Aids, hepatitis, blood-borne diseases - not a chance, unless you happened to have many cuts in your mouth and the mouthpiece was dripping with someone's infected saliva - and even then extremely unlikely.

Herpes: possible but only if it's been in contact with an active lesion very recently.

I know it might feel a bit gross to use a non-disposable mouthpiece, but after living in Thailand for a bit, you will already have a strong immune system!

:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Tapster said:

You cannot catch anything from a used mouthpiece. Aids, hepatitis, blood-borne diseases - not a chance, unless you happened to have many cuts in your mouth and the mouthpiece was dripping with someone's infected saliva - and even then extremely unlikely.

Herpes: possible but only if it's been in contact with an active lesion very recently.

I know it might feel a bit gross to use a non-disposable mouthpiece, but after living in Thailand for a bit, you will already have a strong immune system!

:thumbsup:

What about strep, the common cold, mumps, meningitis and mononucleosis?

Only a  alcoholic would stink of booze at 6AM in the morning

Generally police will not breathalyze you if there is no smell

Do not drink and  ride/drive and you have no problems at a police check point same goes for having a valid license and wearing a helmet 

Do not drink and  ride/drive and you have no problems at a police check point same goes for having a valid license and wearing a helmet 

What are you on about? They breathalyze every one they stop basically as far as I can tell. I have been tested three times, i haven't tasted alcohol in months.

Just for people who do not realize it, A experienced police officer in any country at a road check point can usually tell if you have been drinking or are under the influence of drugs by the way you look, act, smell or speak or a combination of any of these

And if busy will only check people they expect of committing a offense or have a disrespectful  attitude  towards the police officer

So smile as you except your fine if in the wrong, its still cheap here tor a foreigner/farang 

Edited by madmax2

5 hours ago, madmax2 said:

The police wouldn't breathalyse the guy who ran in the back of my truck even though he wouldn't stop smoking and smelled of whiskey.they just refused to do it

2 hours ago, Kaalle said:

Im fit and healthy looking if I may say so myself. And I have seen them test plenty of people. Its random, like everything else.

There is no way I would put my mouth on anything I saw being used on someone else, I would insist on a clean one even if it meant having to go to the police station, though I have to say I am in favour of random breath tests as it could save peoples lifes if they help to get drunks of the road.

1 minute ago, whatproblem said:

The police wouldn't breathalyse the guy who ran in the back of my truck even though he wouldn't stop smoking and smelled of whiskey.they just refused to do it

Did you not notice the brown envelope being passed?