Foreign English teacher attacked and raped in rice paddy - rapist hunted in Bangkok

webfact

1 hour ago, Bluespunk said:

I'm sorry but you are blaming the victim.

As for what I'm doing...stop blaming the victim and I won't need to do it.

Rapists are scum and they alone are to blame.

Telling women to use a little common sense will go a long way to reducing rape, what problem do you you have with that.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, johna said:

Telling women to use a little common sense will go a long way to reducing rape, what problem do you you have with that.

Telling a rape victim what they should have done is victim blaming.

Any victim of rape needs to hear that those who are to blame are the scum that rape.

A victim of rape is just that.

A victim.

They are not to blame and do not need others telling them what they should have done.

Edited by Bluespunk

This is going too far. Unless the Thai government is serious about this problem of violence and rape against foreign women the whole world is looking at Thailand and think badly of Thailand.

Is Thai government aware this report of violence and rape goes worldwide everybody is reading it?

Call Thailand a Buddhist country? Thailand is putting Buddhism to shame.

If I were a Thai I wouldn't know where to hide my face when ask about this matter. Low class scums. Yes, I am calling Thais as low class scums. That's what they are.

2 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

I'm sorry but you are blaming the victim.

As for what I'm doing...stop blaming the victim and I won't need to do it.

Rapists are scum and they alone are to blame.

Mate... they just don't get it

maybe it's about defending their own latent tendencies.

32 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

Why did it take 2 hours to rape the poor girl? What was this man doing for 2 hours? Why was this being timed? Why was one guy raping the girl and one stood watching? So many unanswered questions.

Maybe the guy was trying to get her to like him or maybe the girl was trying to sweet talk him to prevent rape. We don't know. I read it was 10.00 pm when they picked her up at the side of the road, so obviously it was very dark in that field. There could have been a lot of pleading on her part or he may have raped her again and again

But the fact he didn't kill her and even took her back to a market on the motorbike suggests he thought somehow he was forgiven. An awful lot of these cases end in murder to silence the victim so either he just wasn't the killing sort or she played a clever hand to save her life.

6 minutes ago, bannork said:

Maybe the guy was trying to get her to like him or maybe the girl was trying to sweet talk him to prevent rape. We don't know. I read it was 10.00 pm when they picked her up at the side of the road, so obviously it was very dark in that field. There could have been a lot of pleading on her part or he may have raped her again and again

But the fact he didn't kill her and even took her back to a market on the motorbike suggests he thought somehow he was forgiven. An awful lot of these cases end in murder to silence the victim so either he just wasn't the killing sort or she played a clever hand to save her life.

Is there any update on her?

A post in violation of fair use policy has been removed.  Using Google translate to translate an article and then posting the article is still in violation of fair use policy as the proper permissions have not been used to translate the article for re-posting. 

On 14/12/2559 at 10:28 AM, laislica said:

Yes of course, how silly she is.

Must have forgotten she is a woman and it was all her fault!

Brave lady never the less for reporting it!

Many do not!!!!

I don't think anyone is blaming her. But lets face facts here to!

An attractive woman walking alone down a country road and accepting a ride from two men and strangers is not the wises idea either. I warn my daughter about such things. The fact is, attractive women have to be more careful and not more careless.  

34 minutes ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

An attractive woman walking alone down a country road and accepting a ride from two men and strangers is not the wises idea either.

Had she said no to their offer, do you think they have would have continued on. They knew what they wanted when they stopped for her.

Edited by Rob13

42 minutes ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

An attractive woman walking alone down a country road and accepting a ride from two men and strangers is not the wises idea either.  The fact is, attractive women have to be more careful and not more careless.  

So YOU and many other Thai apologists are blaming her.

21 minutes ago, Rob13 said:

Had she said no to their offer, do you think they have would have continued on. They knew what they wanted when they stopped for her.

I don't know! I guess it depends if anyone else was around like a farmer working in his field. Or other people walking there. Or if she was walking with a male companion. But what I do know for sure is that a woman walking alone on a country road is never a good idea. So accepting or not accepting this ride is irrelevant. 

7 minutes ago, GOLDBUGGY said:
9 minutes ago, brling said:

I thought my first post on this subject when I said nobody was blaming her was clear enough.

Apparently not.

8 minutes ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

But what I do know for sure is that a woman walking alone on a country road is never a good idea. So accepting or not accepting this ride is irrelevant. 

2 minutes ago, Rob13 said:

Apparently not.

It seems you still just don't get it. So let's try something different.

If you warned your daughter not to walk alone down a country road, but she didn't listen to you and did, and later she got raped, would you blame her for that?

I hope not!

But would you still not think it was a bad idea to walk down a country road alone? See the difference now? 

46 minutes ago, Rob13 said:

Had she said no to their offer, do you think they have would have continued on. They knew what they wanted when she stopped for her.

They were on their way to get more money for boozing when they saw her by chance.  It was 10.00 pm. More than likely the driver of the motorbike acted on impulse, fired up by the booze.. The guy on the back who got arrested claimed he spent the whole time as the lookout, took no part in the rape, he says.

2 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

Why did it take 2 hours to rape the poor girl? What was this man doing for 2 hours? Why was this being timed? Why was one guy raping the girl and one stood watching? So many unanswered questions.

Some very odd questions. 1st one is stunning.

6 minutes ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

It seems you still just don't get it. So let's try something different.

When you say 'she shoulda known better' that's blaming. No doubt the girl's giving herself plenty of that since it's happened, all you're doing is piling it on deeper. It doesn't help. 

26 minutes ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

I thought my first post on this subject when I said nobody was blaming her was clear enough. Do I need to repeat that again?

This would seem to say different

1 hour ago,  GOLDBUGGY said: 

An attractive woman walking alone down a country road and accepting a ride from two men and strangers is not the wises idea either.  The fact is, attractive women have to be more careful and not more careless.  

1 hour ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

An attractive woman walking alone down a country road and accepting a ride from two men and strangers is not the wises idea either. The fact is, attractive women have to be more careful and not more careless.  

Why are YOU and the other Thai apologists blaming the victim ? even the Thai people would not chime in and try to defend their own scum rapists, period.

5 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

This would seem to say different

At the risk of claiming to know what  Gold Buggy thinks, I would say he is not blaming the girl for the rape but rather he's finding fault with her decision to get on a motorbike with 2 strangers, both male, at 10.00 pm on a country road.

He's pointing out her naivety, a characteristic no woman in this world can afford to maintain once reaching puberty.   

1 minute ago, bannork said:

At the risk of claiming to know what  Gold Buggy thinks, I would say he is not blaming the girl for the rape but rather he's finding fault with her decision to get on a motorbike with 2 strangers, both male, at 10.00 pm on a country road.

He's pointing out her naivety, a characteristic no woman in this world can afford to maintain once reaching puberty.   

I'm sorry, but for me that is attaching blame.

1 minute ago, bannork said:

So he IS blaming the victim.

1 minute ago, brling said:

Why are YOU and the other Thai apologists blaming the victim ? even the Thai people would not chime in and try to defend their own scum rapists, period.

No one is blaming the victim for the rape or defending the rapist. Do you think think Thai parents would be happy with their daughters getting on a motorbike with 2 strangers at night? I don't think so.

2 minutes ago, brling said:

So he IS blaming the victim.

He's is not blaming the victim for the rape , he's criticizing her for putting herself through carelessness in a position where she can be raped.

It's not the same.

Think of an analogy of being hit by a  speeding car in the pouring rain when you are on a motorbike.

Adults had told you not to ride in the rain but you went.

.I don't blame you for the accident, you did not cause it but you could have avoided it by not going out on your bike.

So I blame you for your recklessness, not the accident, though that was the result of your carelessness.