Front Piece of Ground always Flooded.

NoshowJones

I would think it is a burst pipe underneath which would need to be fixed, the water system through the house is running normally, has anyone had or know anyone who has

had this problem, is it easily fixed, will it be very expensive? Thanks for any help.

A burst pipe after your meter should show up - is the meter running when you have everything off in the house?  If before meter expect water co would have to replace (when they get around to it).

But if pipe is broken in open area digging up and replacement would not cost much - but if under home you may be better just running new pipes on outside walls - in most homes this would also not cost that much and you can run new/larger pipe and avoid any future issues as it will be visible and most likely not under any stress.  

As this in farming area suspect you may have well or your own water supply so may have to check for pressure loss rather than a meter spin.

Edited by lopburi3

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

A burst pipe after your meter should show up - is the meter running when you have everything off in the house?  If before meter expect water co would have to replace (when they get around to it).

But if pipe is broken in open area digging up and replacement would not cost much - but if under home you may be better just running new pipes on outside walls - in most homes this would also not cost that much and you can run new/larger pipe and avoid any future issues as it will be visible and most likely not under any stress.  

As this in farming area suspect you may have well or your own water supply so may have to check for pressure loss rather than a meter spin.

Thanks, that's some great advice, the water is not near the house it is in the middle of the front lawn and is running out on to the road.

Can I ask you something, can you explain a little better your'e very first sentence? Thanks again.

If you have water coming from town/city there will be a water meter on road and then a pipe going to your house.  If you are not using any water that meter should not be moving but if there is leakage, either from a broken pipe or leaky tap/toilet then the meter will be slowly counting/spinning.  If all appear normal - no use when not using water - any broken pipe must be on the city side or you have a spring/swamp area that naturally collects water (perhaps only this time of the year when ground water levels are high).

Edited by lopburi3

If the pipe is broken before the meter, you should call the water provider (emergency phone number on the ticket you get every month in the small box) and explain them that there is a leakage. They will send someone to fix it at their cost.

Three weeks ago we had that problem and they came with 2 cars and 5 people to fix it. They were happy that we called them. As they told me, Thai people don't bother to call...

If the leakage is after the meter (on your ground), Lopburi3 already gave you the procedure  :wink:

15 minutes ago, Jedsada3 said:

If the pipe is broken before the meter, you should call the water provider (emergency phone number on the ticket you get every month in the small box) and explain them that there is a leakage. They will send someone to fix it at their cost.

Three weeks ago we had that problem and they came with 2 cars and 5 people to fix it. They were happy that we called them. As they told me, Thai people don't bother to call...

If the leakage is after the meter (on your ground), Lopburi3 already gave you the procedure  :wink:

Thanks, a group of I think four men came and looked at it last Sunday, my wife told me they are coming back next week, so I will wait and see.

15 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Thanks, a group of I think four men came and looked at it last Sunday, my wife told me they are coming back next week, so I will wait and see.

So they will come back, look at it again and go away for another week? :smile:

Edited by jacko45k

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

So they will come back, look at it again and go away for another week? :smile:

Well, if it's already leaking for a longer time, one week more or less won't matter.

The most important is that the leakage is not on Possom1931's ground and that it will be fixed :wink: