smith47

Whale Hotel

151/79 Ratchawithi Road, Amphoe Mueang, Nakhon Pathom

Tel :: 0 3425 1020-4 : 034-253855-63

600-1800 bht

http://www.whale.co.th/index.html

if you have some1 who can read thai ,check this link

http://www.thaitambon.com/tambon/thotprovt...asp?ProvCode=73

there are ~ 10 places to live ( start from 150 bht to ++ )

Edited by BambinA

u dont have much choice in nakhon pathom with hotels there are like 4 or 5 hotels in the city center all around the same price, i stayed there in the River hotel, wich is a very nice new hotel, better then whale hotel and the rest, rooms start from a 600 baht a night. if u stay longer then one month i recomend u baanthai appartements. river hotel is in the city center and also close to tesco. there is unfortunately no motorcycle rentals, so u have to take the scooter taxi. its not very far from the big chedi. in the nights there is a foodmarket around the chedi and every wednesday and sunday there is an other market alongside the golfcourse and the baanthai appartments. the pubs are close also to the hotel.

My wife and I stayed in the River Hotel last month. There are two wings, and we stayed in the "refurbished" wing. The room was fine, everything worked, cable tv and HBO, free high speed internet access in the room, plus a wireless hotspot in the lobby lounge. There was a bathtub, but no soap or shampoo provided -- take your own. And we didn't like the hotel restaurant at all.

Prices were Baht 590 for the old wing, and Baht 700 for the new wing.

Telephone 034 280 440-6.

It's located on the north side of the main road through NP, towards the western end of the city. You can't miss it.

When we made the reservation by telephone, they asked us whether we wanted to stay in a "refurbished" room for Baht 700, or an "ordinary" room for Baht 590. We requested a "refurbished" room, and when we checked in they directed us to the new building. We had not specified the building because we didn't know there were two buildings when we made the reservation.

So yes, we stayed in the new building at the rate of Baht 700.

We checked in at 10:30 pm after spending all day travelling. We were very tired, and not the least concerned with the other rooms, only with ours, and getting to sleep.

I have given you the telephone number, and they speak English quite well; therefore I suggest you call them with any questions you may have about the "old" building.