fast wifi spot, Patong?

sapakang

Hi.

I am in Patong now. My hotel has really slow internet, and I need to download som "big" files (5 files 2gb each)

Anyone know about a good spot? Like internet cafes/resturants. Anyone know if starbucks at jungceylon has fast wifi?

Thanks!

If you see 3BB in the list of you WiFi Hotspots you can buy at Family or 7-eleven, I think. Anyhow, most Cafe or Restaurant have more or less good hotspots.

If you have a SIM from AIS 1-2-call you can also use 4G (LTE) at high speed. Have enough mones on the card and dial:

*777*731#  for 7 days unlimited internet (79Bt + VAT, ~82 Baht)

Edited by Aachen
Adding info

27 minutes ago, Aachen said:

If you see 3BB in the list of you WiFi Hotspots you can buy at Family or 7-eleven, I think. Anyhow, most Cafe or Restaurant have more or less good hotspots.

If you have a SIM from AIS 1-2-call you can also use 4G (LTE) at high speed. Have enough mones on the card and dial:

*777*731#  for 7 days unlimited internet (79Bt + VAT, ~82 Baht)

I don't know about downloading 4GB on Thai 4g or shared internet. Good luck! Hopefully you will get a couple of helpful replies but internet here is very hit and miss (mine's very "miss" right now!).

16 hours ago, madmitch said:

I don't know about downloading 4GB on Thai 4g

Either you have a mobile phone with 4G (LTE) or not. (It is not a problem of "downloading.) And there is not such thing like "Thai 4g". 4G is an international standard.

Edited by Aachen

2 hours ago, Aachen said:

Either you have a mobile phone with 4G (LTE) or not. (It is not a problem of "downloading.) And there is not such thing like "Thai 4g". 4G is an international standard.

Thailand set their own standards, forget the international ones while here and you will not get frustrated and expect to much

On 12/14/2016 at 7:05 PM, Shot said:

Your best bet is a small restaurant that offer free WiFi, that also has no customers other than you. Buy some food and a few beers, download, etc. You won't get lighting speed unless you pay for it.

Heard the Sandwich Shoppe Cafe' & Bar in Aroonsom Plaza has decent free internet and wifi.

Just along the road from BYD Lofts.

Good luck.

17 hours ago, madmax2 said:

Thailand set their own standards, forget the international ones while here and you will not get frustrated and expect to much

There are NO Thai Standards. Everything is working (better) than at home! They are using international standards and international hardware.

The only country with own standards, own frequncies etc is Gods own Country: Trumpland.

Edited by Aachen