USA woman's drug and abduction claim is fabrication, say police

webfact

USA woman's drug and abduction claim is fabrication, say police 

a3.jpg

Picture: Sanook

BANGKOK: -- A national police spokesman has said that claims made on television by an American woman that she was drugged and abducted from a Bangkok bar were made up. 

The woman had claimed that she suspected that the person responsible was from law enforcement. She managed to avoid worse consequences after coming round. 

Rather than register a complaint in Thailand she had returned home to the USA where she announced publically that she did not trust the Thai police, reports Sanook.

The spokesman said that there was no evidence that a crime had taken place despite the woman claiming that a group of "men in uniform" in the bar might have been responsible. 

Now the police want to get to the bottom of who might have aided the woman and whether a crime has been committed. If it is proven that the claims were an offence of defamation and had indeed damaged the image of Thailand there may be a price to pay, said the police spokesman on Wednesday. 

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-12-14

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, webfact said:

If it is proven that the claims were an offence of defamation and had indeed damaged the image of Thailand there may be a price to pay, said the police spokesman on Wednesday. 

Such little sissies. 

1 minute ago, brucec64 said:

It must have been Burmese police because no Thai police would ever commit such a crime.

Sent from my SM-J710F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Every situation needs to be judged in its own right .

Just because one situation may have occurred in aoer case, that doesnt mean that it happened all the time in every case

18 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

" If it is proven that the claims were an offence of defamation and had indeed damaged the image of Thailand there may be a price to pay, said the police spokesman on Wednesday."

Incredible.

Why is that "incredible" 

She made false allegations which is against the law , let alone the Les Majeste offences she commited

20 minutes ago, sanemax said:

The question now is : Was this  a premeditated deliberate scam involving her Family back home with the sole intention of raising money ?

Or are the BIB saying she lied because that is the scenario they wish to viewed as the truth?

The story is very odd and I have no idea if it is true or not.

However trust the version the BIB present without clear proof the story is a fabrication?

Yeah, right...

6 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Or are the BIB saying she lied because that is the scenario they wish to viewed as the truth?

The story is very odd and I have no idea if it is true or not.

However trust the version the BIB present without clear proof the story is a fabrication?

Yeah, right...

So you think that the story is odd , which suggests that you have some doubt about its authenticity and you dont know whether its true ior not, but you still do not believe the Police , after they have investigated the case and found no evidence of any of what she claimed had taken place ?

Its nearly impossible to have clear proof that something didnt happen .

Just now, sanemax said:

So you think that the story is odd , which suggests that you have some doubt about its authenticity and you dont know whether its true ior not, but you still do not believe the Police , after they have investigated the case and found no evidence of any of what she claimed had taken place ?

Its nearly impossible to have clear proof that something didnt happen .

The final paragraph suggests no investigation has taken place, yet the BIB say she is lying.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Now the police want to get to the bottom of who might have aided the woman and whether a crime has been committed

Trust the BIB? Yeah, right...

I would think long and hard about clearing out also to be honest !!! if something ever happened to me ! Trust the RTP ..yeah right not a chance would I !! It's a lottery as to who would be involved in a crime and how much clout they have with Hiso's.

Edited by Nigeone

9 minutes ago, sanemax said:

but you still do not believe the Police , after they have investigated the case and found no evidence

And you still do believe the police after they have investigated the case and found no evidence.

parrot-cropped.png

4 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

The final paragraph suggests no investigation has taken place, yet the BIB say she is lying.

Trust the BIB? Yeah, right...

You have absolutely no idea about the depth of the BiBs investigation .

The fact the the girls Mother posted on here that they are in daily contact with the BiB and that the bar had been located and suspects identified suggests that the Bib investigaed the allegations and found no evidence at all

Just now, sanemax said:

You have absolutely no idea about the depth of the BiBs investigation .

The fact the the girls Mother posted on here that they are in daily contact with the BiB and that the bar had been located and suspects identified suggests that the Bib investigaed the allegations and found no evidence at all

Thought I'd re-quote this as it somehow escaped your quoting of my post

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Now the police want to get to the bottom of who might have aided the woman and whether a crime has been committed

It suggests they have not investigated the case.

6 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Thought I'd re-quote this as it somehow escaped your quoting of my post

It suggests they have not investigated the case.

No, they investigated the allegations and found the allegations to be false ..

Now they want to investigate the person who made the false allegations and find out if she had accomplices and whether they commuted any crimes 

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

No, they investigated the allegations and found the allegations to be false ..

Now they want to investigate the person who made the false allegations and find out if she had accomplices and whether they commuted any crimes 

That is not what is said in the report.

The very opposite as far as I can see.

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Its quite clear that they found no evidence 

"The spokesman said that there was no evidence that a crime had taken place"

He also said

''Now the police want to get to the bottom of who might have aided the woman and whether a crime has been committed''

I'm not saying I believe this story...it certainly stretches the limits of credulity, but trust the BIB?

Yeah right...

Edited by Bluespunk

3 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

He also said

''Now the police want to get to the bottom of who might have aided the woman and whether a crime has been committed''

This suggests the BIB are starting off with their conclusion before they investigate.

As per usual...

I'm not saying I believe this story...it certainly stretches the limits of credulity, but trust the BIB?

Yeah right...

No, listen, I will say it again .

The Bib have come to the conclusion that  the allegations didnt happen .

That part of the investigation has been finalised and come to a conclusion .

Now they will investigate whether this was a deliberate fraud and if so, did she have any accomplices .

They are now two different investigations 

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

No, listen, I will say it again .

The Bib have come to the conclusion that  the allegations didnt happen .

That part of the investigation has been finalised and come to a conclusion .

Now they will investigate whether this was a deliberate fraud and if so, did she have any accomplices .

They are now two different investigations 

No, listen while I say again

Trust the BIB?

Yeah, right...

I know they have come to a conclusion, I just do not have any faith in it.

Or how they came to it I suppose,

I do share their doubts on the story.

Edited by Bluespunk

5 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

No, listen while I will say again

Trust the BIB?

Yeah, right...

I know they have come to a conclusion, I just do not have any faith in it.

So you think that the BiB are probably correct in this case, but they must be incorrect because you dont trust them to get it correct?