Philippines’ Duterte boasts he personally killed crime suspects

webfact

15 minutes ago, Grubster said:

I will read up on that, is it legalization? If so I have been a proponent of that for many years but good luck getting that past the rednecks.

Very interesting point! :-

"Portugal decriminalised the use of all drugs in 2001.

Among Portuguese adults, there are 3 drug overdose deaths for every 1,000,000 citizens. Comparable numbers in other countries range from 10.2 per million in the Netherlands to 44.6 per million in the UK, all the way up to 126.8 per million in Estonia. The EU average is 17.3 per million."

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, sambum said:

Very interesting point! :-

"Portugal decriminalised the use of all drugs in 2001.

Among Portuguese adults, there are 3 drug overdose deaths for every 1,000,000 citizens. Comparable numbers in other countries range from 10.2 per million in the Netherlands to 44.6 per million in the UK, all the way up to 126.8 per million in Estonia. The EU average is 17.3 per million."

Yes and I'm 100% with you on that, to bad you and I have no say in the matter as that is clearly the best approach. Why won't we even try it?  I think there must be a reason, like maybe the drug war is a very lucrative business for many in power, I don't know and just don't get it.  I have always said that I would rather my kid see the drug addicts drooling on the park bench than to have them see the drug dealer with the fancy car and hot girl.  Crazy world.  I could easily kill a drug dealer if I new for fact he was. I mean hard addictive drugs of course, not pot. That should have never been illegal.     Many people don't realize that opium products like Heroin were not only legal but widely used in the 1800s.  Sears and Robuck had it in their early catalogs for sale very cheap complete with needles and instructions.

Why would the Philippines be any different to Thailand where the truth is corrupt government officials throughout the supply chain, including law enforcement,  'own' the illegal drug trade without any arrests of those who finance / organise  the illegal drug trade. Just as during the slaughter under Thaksin, in the Philippines there are numerous claims police are using low income hit men to  murder their distributors to silence them before they get arrested by the good cops.. There will always be other poor Filipinos / criminals to step into the murdered shoes so vigilante killings is not the answer, but long term economic improvement to reduce the level of criminality.