multiple visa runs has limits ?

ive been living here in phuket for 5 months already

did one visa run to Laos, went smoothly

i would like to know please if theres a limit to how many times u can do it?

i went into laos, deposit my passport at the royal thai embassy, picked it up the next day and got 60 days which i will extend for another 30 before i go do it again

would like to know if i would run into problem in the future if i keep doing this ? if so, what other option i have?

As long as the Thai embassy or consulate where you apply for your visa does not suspect you of using your tourist visa for purposes other than tourism, eg for working illegally in Thailand, you can continue to get tourist visas.

Announcement of Thai embassy in Vientiane, Laos:

https://goo.gl/vu3uLa

You can expect to get at least three tourist visas in Vientiane. If you alternate between Savannakhet and Vientiane (both in Laos) you are likely to be able to get three in each location. You also have the option of using Penang, Malaysia where you are also likely to get three without undue difficulty.

Historically, you have been able to stay in Thailand pretty much indefinitely by requesting visas in different locations. There are indications that immigration is looking at this more closely than in the past. It is possible that you could be questioned by immigration after spending a lot of time here. As long as you can demonstrate overseas sources of income, and a good reason for spending so much time in Thailand without working, you should be OK.

• Like 1

I would add:  If you plan to stay here long-term using Tourist Visas, and you have a passport not showing many Tourist Visas, you may want to begin by getting visas in locations that are more restrictive - such as Phnom Penh and Vietnam.  Then move on to the "more friendly" locations. 

But as others noted, if your passport is full of Thai Visas when you apply, some "friendly" locations which previously asked for nothing are now asking for proof-of-income / money in the bank and proof-of-address.  Though they have limits for visas issued from their own consulate per-passport, they are increasingly looking at how much "time in Thailand" is in the whole passport.

Also, when entering the country, always have 20K Baht in cash or travelers checks on your person.  I also carry my Thai bank-book showing all incoming deposits from overseas, plus my condo-lease.   I have a TM-30 receipt from my local Immigration office in my passport for my condo-location (you may have received this when extending a Tourist Visa). 

Some say a condo-lease shows one is "not a tourist" - but my experience is that this shows I am stable and have money, which seems to be more of a concern to them than whether I "vacation in one place" or travel around.  This will be tested when I next apply in Savanakhet, where another poster reported being asked for an "itinerary" with a Tourist Visa application.

• Like 1

This is what happened to me.

HK to Bangkok (30 days)

Immigration Bkk (30 days)

Cambodia (30 days)

Kanchanaburi Extension (30 days)

Cambodia (30 days)

Northern Thailand Extension (30 days)

So a total of 180 days, and when I was flying out to Myanmar, the lady gave me the riot act, and asked me when I was coming back. I said 3-4 months.......and she wrote something on the computer....

Went to KL after 2 months and will wait 3 months to come back in.....