Alternatives to Truevisions

brewsterbudgen

1 minute ago, Deepinthailand said:

Yes a full on screen viewing guide for all channels 

Thanks. With the program guide, how many days into the future does it allow you to view?

And i take it, no option to attach a hard drive and record programs? Programs are available for 24 hours and then that's it?

As Flawless has received some positive mention on this forum I´d like to ask a question about this service.

I am currently on a trial with "Peace Country IPTV" which has the identical channel list and I believe they are using the same sources/servers. My experience with "Peace Country" has been a mixed bag, really. Some channels, especially and surprisingly the US and CAN channels in particular have been brilliant both in HD and SD. But much to my and even the "webmaster´s" surprise the UK channel are much worse, with HD and FHD breaking up way too often to be watchable and the SD versions/channels being fairly stable but also breaking up from time to time. The guy in Canada said it should theoretically be the other way around but ok .... This morning I watched the NFL game live on CBS in glorious HD quality with only a very fe and very short hiccups only. After the game I switched to the BBC 1 HD channel and after a few minutes it started breaking up again. BBC 1 SD was ok, SkyNews HD seemed fine. 

So, how is your experience with Flawless when used in Thailand? Do you experience the same "issues" when watching UK channels in HD?

2 hours ago, DUS said:

So, how is your experience with Flawless when used in Thailand? Do you experience the same "issues" when watching UK channels in HD?

Same here, FHD is often a no go for me, but HD usually OK and SD nearly always OK. Depends on day tho, sometimes even SD buffers. Overall tho 90% satisfied so not complaining, but I keep another service on the go as well as an alternative and when one fails often the other works in case I want to watch something live.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Digitalbanana said:

Same here, FHD is often a no go for me, but HD usually OK and SD nearly always OK. Depends on day tho, sometimes even SD buffers. Overall tho 90% satisfied so not complaining, but I keep another service on the go as well as an alternative and when one fails often the other works in case I want to watch something live.

Thank you, that´s very helpful!  Cheers!

I've been using Flawless for a couple of months now and I've found it to be very reliable. (It's streets ahead of Ilikehd which I was using before) When there are occasional connection or buffering issues, I'm usually able to cure them by using a VPN. On my android devices Opera VPN is free and does the job.  This to suggests to me that the issue is not with Flawless but with my ISP or the Internet routing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JaiMaai said:

I've been using Flawless for a couple of months now and I've found it to be very reliable. (It's streets ahead of Ilikehd which I was using before) When there are occasional connection or buffering issues, I'm usually able to cure them by using a VPN. On my android devices Opera VPN is free and does the job.  This to suggests to me that the issue is not with Flawless but with my ISP or the Internet routing.

Good info! Thanks!

ilikeHd are unwatchable for me and that's why I gave up on them. 

Peace Country IPTV is much better and the football on SD is currently perfectly stable. However, HD and FHD are currently breaking up on channels like SkySport 1, the mio channels from Singapore as well as the TSN channels from Canada (and which all show the Everton game).

Are you saying the HD and FHD channels on flawless work without breaking up/buffering for you?

17 hours ago, JaiMaai said:

This to suggests to me that the issue is not with Flawless but with my ISP or the Internet routing.

It is most likely your ISP.

I have a TOT Fiber2Home package 20Mbps download 7Mbps upload.

Performing a speed test using testmy.net from a Singapore server results in 20Mbps or better.

Testing from a UK server results in less than 1Mps today, which renders streaming video unwatchable.

Complaining to TOT falls on deaf ears, as they say they cannot guarantee speeds outside Thailand.

Edited by Encid

I´ve a quick question re Flawless IPTV.

This afternoon I signed up for a 24 hours trial. I´ve received the log-in details and hooked up my Macbook with the big TV. Looks pretty good so far. However, I have an issue with some channels. Whilst most channels show correctly in 16:9 widescreen format, some channels (like SkyNews SD at this moment) only come up in 4:3. Is there anything I can do at my end to get ALL the channels in 16:9? 

2 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I'm relatively happy with changing from Truevisions to PulseTV. The channel selection is very good. Now I just need True Online to provide acceptable internet speeds so I can watch it at peak times without constant buffering and freezing!

Why not leave them and go with someone else. I have no freezing on any chanels any time day or night. 

29 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

Why not leave them and go with someone else. I have no freezing on any chanels any time day or night. 

I'm certainly considering it.  Am "upgrading" to 50 mps, but if that doesn't make a difference I will move. 

This was their explanation: Regarding the connection speed in the evening, please be informed that, hi-speed Package is non-guaranteed speed service depending on traffic at the time of crowded broadband network which makes download speed of local/international website slower (peaks at 18.00-24.00 hours). Furthermore, connection speed is speed of the computer connected to True network, not download speed. Therefore, the real download speed may be lower than the highest speed you apply for the Internet service.

6 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I'm certainly considering it.  Am "upgrading" to 50 mps, but if that doesn't make a difference I will move. 

This was their explanation: Regarding the connection speed in the evening, please be informed that, hi-speed Package is non-guaranteed speed service depending on traffic at the time of crowded broadband network which makes download speed of local/international website slower (peaks at 18.00-24.00 hours). Furthermore, connection speed is speed of the computer connected to True network, not download speed. Therefore, the real download speed may be lower than the highest speed you apply for the Internet service.

LOL con job by the looks of it. I get 10mbs download from 3bb constant day or night guaranteed. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

LOL con job by the looks of it. I get 10mbs download from 3bb constant day or night guaranteed. 

I am overall happy with 3BB but I am not as fortunate as you are. DL speed varies between 20Mbit when I am lucky and 1.5Mbit during peak hours (like yesterday evening).

Edited by DUS

5 hours ago, Lite Beer said:

Change the video settings in whatever app you are using to play it.

I am currently using their webportal and watching the channels through there (within the google chrome browser). No settings I can find anywhere. And the strange thing is that it is not all the SD channels that come up in 4:3 aspect ratio. Very strange.....

6 minutes ago, DUS said:

I am overall happy with 3BB but I am not as fortunate as you are. DL speed varies between 20Mbit when I am lucky and 1.5Mbit during peak hours (like yesterday evening).

I'm presuming correct me if I'm wrong are you situated in a city? Seems a bit of a major drop 20 to 1.5.

32 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

I'm presuming correct me if I'm wrong are you situated in a city? Seems a bit of a major drop 20 to 1.5.

Yeah, right on lower Sukhumvit in BKK. Speed fluctuates a lot during peak times but yesterday was particularly bad. Usually, it´s "stable" between 9 and 20 Mbit.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DUS said:

Speed fluctuates a lot during peak times

That is to be expected  when everyone and his dog fires up the 4K, and full HD streams  the ISP have to start throttling certain content so that everyone else can still see facebook and Kapook... also International bandwidth is still expensive if you want guaranteed international speed go ask about a cooperate account for 10s of thousands of baht per month  :wai2:

I know for a fact that TOT throttles their international bandwidth.

Just perform a speedtest from here and you can see the throttling at work.

Just go to Test Servers, select London, GB, then select Download Test, then select Test Download Speed.

I'm currently getting 3.7Mbps but the graph below the test shows throttling in the range of 40Mbps down to 2 Mbps.

It is good enough for streaming movies in HD but probably not good enough for streaming live TV from the UK.

What is an Android box, how much is it and where can i buy one? I live in Chiang Mai. I am cancelling my True Vision after losing BBC Entertainment. I need all BBC and ITV channels and possibly Aljazeera. Is Pulse TV the answer?

Sent from my SM-J710F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Pulse is a programmed Android box (I think). For technophobes like me it is ideal. Just plug it in and go, with a remote control, and it's basically just like "normal" TV. The only issue is buffering if your internet connection is too slow, especially at peak times.

Pulse have all the UK channels including Al Jazeera, plus French, German and some US channels like ABC News, NBC sports, Thai channels and some Australian channels.
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Pulse is a programmed Android box (I think). For technophobes like me it is ideal. Just plug it in and go, with a remote control, and it's basically just like "normal" TV. The only issue is buffering if your internet connection is too slow, especially at peak times.

Pulse have all the UK channels including Al Jazeera, plus French, German and some US channels like ABC News, NBC sports, Thai channels and some Australian channels.

Thanks. I've now been on to Pulse tv website and chatted with their advisor. Very helpful and answered all my questions.

• 1 month later...
On 02/01/2017 at 5:52 PM, WorriedNoodle said:

Mobdro has about 5 HBO channels on it to view in SD for free. For better quality best to use one of the paid IPTV services.

I've got Modbro but don't use it much as most of the content I've accessed is of really, REALLY low quality, like SD minus 10. Look at the Sky News channel it lists under News and it's of absolutely abysmal quality, like it's meant for a 2" screen!!!  Contrast that with the YouTube version which is way waaaaaaaay better.  If the other Modbro channels are like that I can't see it getting opened much.

pulse tv is the way to go and plenty of free movies too one year 9,950 includes box top.

I had astro b4 but found theses people Pulse had better english speakers if you have problems.

Also a 3rd of the price = movies love it

• Like 1