Is Thai Visa a place for Information?

iamkanga

It strikes me that whenever I read a post or put one up there is no shortage of people passing comments not relevant to the original question. I think something like 60% address the question and the rest...

It was highlighted again to me on my recent post where a guy was parading naked at my condo and it offended me. This action may not offend a some but i'm 52 and my morality is formed. I am not a young child needing moral guidance. I dont really understand what purpose some find in just telling people to change, adjust his moral compass or return to their homeland (These may be relevant to my recent post but lifestyle adjustment comments are littered throughout TV). Sure some posts  are of a nature that are asking for that type of advice but the majority are not.Then there is the in post bickering that can sometimes hijack the entire thread (though in a bizarre twist it was one of these that brought me to Pattaya). Oh and lets not forget the PC crowd, why do I have to be positive and happy? I like a half empty glass and Im not happy unless im angry! :thumbsup:

Anyway I'm pretty new to this whole forum thing but these are my observations.

So is this place just a harbour for the controversial or does it have relevance?

It's a forum, pal. A forum is where people chat for fun. Some of them like to provide advice for free, really trying to help. That help is of variable quality though, because people might really know what they're talking about, might even be real pros on that particular matter... or not.

Some other just want to chat, give their opinions which may or may not go against yours. That's freedom of speech and it works as long as the forum rules are observed.

If you want unadulterated and professional advice on how to deal with this guy just like you want it done, hire a lawyer, don't come to TV.

Edited by Lannig

You come onto a forum full of different people with different views from different parts of the world then get upset because not everyone agrees with you 100%

Best you top that glass up.

Out of interest were you expecting someone to come up with some magic that would force  this half naked man to cover up ?

34 minutes ago, berybert said:

You come onto a forum full of different people with different views from different parts of the world then get upset because not everyone agrees with you 100%

Best you top that glass up.

Out of interest were you expecting someone to come up with some magic that would force  this half naked man to cover up ?

You are engaging my point directly. I asked a question and you tell me to top my glass up! It is nothing to do with differing people or opinions but rather relevance.  And no I didnt expect a miracle solution rather advice as to procedure and legalities which I received.

So why dont you address the ? 

So is this place just a harbour for the obtusely controversial or does it have relevance?

Edited by iamkanga

26 minutes ago, Lannig said:

It's a forum, pal. A forum is where people chat for fun. Some of them like to provide advice for free, really trying to help. That help is of variable quality though, because people might really know what they're talking about, might even be real pros on that particular matter... or not.

Some other just want to chat, give their opinions which may or may not go against yours. That's freedom of speech and it works as long as the forum rules are observed.

If you want unadulterated and professional advice on how to deal with this guy just like you want it done, hire a lawyer, don't come to TV.

So I ask a question regarding procedure and when someone extrapolates from that I should get a girl and return to Australia I should consider this relevant?

45 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Can't the "controversial" sometimes have relevance? :coffee1:

Yes I think so. I think I may have framed the question wrong maybe obtuse instead of controversial.

Because I don't see these posts as controversial just irrelevant.

Edited by iamkanga

As written above, controversy is relevant.

If there was only one ready-made, unique reply and advice possible for a given question, absolute knowledge would be easy to acquire.

1 minute ago, iamkanga said:

So I ask a question regarding procedure and when someone extrapolates from that I should get a girl and return to Australia I should consider this relevant?

Not any less relevant than the kind of reply you'd get from the people around asking this seating on a bar stool. Think of this forum as a virtual bar. That's not far from what it is (not many bar girls here though).

3 minutes ago, Lannig said:

As written above, controversy is relevant.

If there was only one ready-made, unique reply and advice possible for a given question, absolute knowledge would be easy to acquire.

Not any less relevant than the kind of reply you'd get from the people around asking this seating on a bar stool. Think of this forum as a virtual bar. That's not far from what it is (not many bar girls here though).

Probably why I keep to myself and only talk to the girls!

1 hour ago, iamkanga said:

You are engaging my point directly. I asked a question and you tell me to top my glass up! It is nothing to do with differing people or opinions but rather relevance.  And no I didnt expect a miracle solution rather advice as to procedure and legalities which I received.

So why dont you address the ? 

So is this place just a harbour for the obtusely controversial or does it have relevance?

If you read many of the answers to many of the threads you will find many relevant replies and also a lot of controversial rubbish posted.

So its pretty much what you would expect from a forum.

One of my main bug bears of this forum is the amount of RIP'S you get when someone you have never heard of dies. Totally pointless but relevant and also rubbish.

Its all here.

7 hours ago, iamkanga said:

Probably why I keep to myself and only talk to the girls!

And you get meaningful dialogue from the girls ?

Are you a true blue Aussie or an import ? Most of us genuine articles are pretty thick skinned, have a somewhat warped sense of humor & manage to sift through the forum & take what we want & leave the rest.

Maybe your idea of taking a girl & heading back home has some merit for you.

I agree with you things can get out of hand on here .

But I have read some good things on here for sure , now the sit is not what it was .

It is a free forum so people can say what they like as long as they not  disrespect you , but lots on here love to put you down because your English is not that great like me , but that just tells me those people think they are better then you and of  course that is not true.

The one thing that gets me is how many  people on here  rubbish there home land , now that is just  ridiculous , it's because of there home land they can live in thailand.

look if you don't like your own country that is ok but to just rubbish it , because you move to thailand is just I think  ridiculous . 

You see that is why this forum gets out of hand , people like to bag other people . 

Lots like to get in to you and that's ok as long as they can take it back . 

So to me Tv now is a very good read and I post if I feel like . 

2 hours ago, malt25 said:

And you get meaningful dialogue from the girls ?

Are you a true blue Aussie or an import ? Most of us genuine articles are pretty thick skinned, have a somewhat warped sense of humor & manage to sift through the forum & take what we want & leave the rest.

Maybe your idea of taking a girl & heading back home has some merit for you.

That is part of my reason for the question. The having to sift.

But yes born and bred and generally no meaningful dialogue from the girls but generally much nicer on the optic nerve than the average farang!!!

"60 percent address the question"

Too many zeros in that comment.

Anyway your "Naked farang" thread is at 6 pages and running strong. No-one has lost an eye and it hadn't been shut down or deleted.

Welcome to tvf.

1 hour ago, sipi said:

"60 percent address the question"

Too many zeros in that comment.

Anyway your "Naked farang" thread is at 6 pages and running strong. No-one has lost an eye and it hadn't been shut down or deleted.

Welcome to tvf.

Correction, after opening the document on page 2 of the thread, I tried to remove the image ingrained in my eyes with bleach and steel wool.

Opal is currently out trying to secure me a Labrador and suitable stick.

Apology to iamkanga for putting into practice the subject matter..:sorry:

14 minutes ago, Paul Catton said:

Correction, after opening the document on page 2 of the thread, I tried to remove the image ingrained in my eyes with bleach and steel wool.

I immediately googled "attractive naked bodies" in fear of that image being the last nude I ever saw before dying.

I do find it useful and I do get some good tips or info...

anything negative or or not to my liking,,I just skim over it and read the next topic.

take what you want out of it....

as someone mentioned earlier , loads of different personalities , views and ideas...

as as for the Naked Guy at your Pool, I would just ignore it, look the other way, but that's me.....

32 minutes ago, Paul Catton said:

Not sure im referring to thoughtful humour and thanks for the empathy I have a lot of seeing to undo!

40 minutes ago, alocacoc said:

To me, this forum is very helpful. I learned to where the Samsung service center moved, a lot of useful informations about visa issues, restaurant reviews and many many other things.

Yes it is you are very right I agree, but sometimes it gets off the  issue but that's ok good fun haha

Edited by georgemandm
Spelling