Why Are You In Thailand?

Bluecat

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Aranya,

Sorry for not having answered earlier, I have just seen your post as I come back from holiday. :D

I have been visiting the north of LOS which was great and wet!

well, yes, I am French (nobody's perfect :o )

Welcome to this forum and I hope you will enjoy it a lot!

:D

Hey there, salut!! I'm glad you had a great time up north! Where exactly did you go??

I plan to go to Bangkok around beg of July, if possible, let's meet! I will also try to meet with a few other girls from this forum :o Catch you around!

Psst. Nothing wrong being French!! :D

p.s. BlueCat ... hahaha!!! :D

It's coming from Japan... :D

Japanese-French, nice combination.

The latin world with whatever comes with it: hot blood, initiative, "some" discipline, not too much respect of institutions,...

And the Japanese world: the reverse,...

Are you OK Aranya? :o:D

Thank you, Blue Cat :D The combination can be quite confusing, true! I must have grown up a very confused child! :D Sort of explains the adult me LOL Just kidding :D

Catch you later, Blue Cat!

Off I go! :o

The combination can be quite confusing, true! I must have grown up a very confused child! :D Sort of explains the adult me LOL

Don't worry.

For men, all the girls are confused.

Did somebody say men are from Mars and women are from Venus,...? :o

Ah oui! True! Hehe... :D:o

You're fast, Bluecat, I was going to edit my reply because it didn't really reflect my thoughts but oh well, you've seen it, and I'm lazy now...

How's your weekend going?

Wow... john b good... thanks for the kind suggestion but... relax... we were just chatting. Does it bother you that much that 2 people who happen to be on the same forum at the same time engage in a good hearted little chat? Is it against the rules here that 2 people chit chat a bit just to kill time? :o And for the record, I'm not looking forward to a courtship, here or any place else...

• 2 weeks later...

I am not here permanently yet; came over to Thailand for a year to check out how it would be to work and live here. In Canada I had two jobs - one graveyard shift one and one afternoon shift one and was usually working seven days a week. After years of this I couldn't do it anymore, my kids never saw me and the older girl got sick of watching her sister while I worked all the time and took off. So I sold my house and used the $ to come here and do volunteer work teaching english with my younger girl. So far we have been in Thailand 8 months and love it. It is cheap, beautiful, the people here are friendly, haven't really had any problems at all. Right now we are doing some travelling as I am supposed to go back to work Nov. 1st at my jobs. Truthfully I dread going back to the hours I have to work to survive, support my daughter and pay a student loan. I have a union job where I can pay in my pension for the year I was off, work for awhile and take early retirement. Once I get my pension sorted out and have it up to an amount I figure I can live on I intend to come back! :o:D

Well i have to be honest and say that in the short time (14 months) that i have been here i have definately not found any Thai man attractive. For me i am definately in the wrong country if i'm looking for a relationship!!!!

However, i have met many nice Thai guys i just dont find them attractive. Physically they are all wrong for me personally, too small and too feminine. Mentally i find them them on another planet, cannot save money, do not think about future. Spiritually i find them too hopicritical. We can all be hipocrats and nobody is perfect.

Anyway you asked for our opinion so here is mine. Thankfully i love many other aspects of Thailand..the food..the temples...the history..the close proximity to other countries...the festivals..the happy go lucky nature of Thai and i love all my Thai friends dearly - both male and female!!

Its just nice to be out of a western country and living somewhere where rules and regulations have not taken over the simple pleasures in life and i love the craziness of Thailand - who wouldn't??

It's nice to hear that farang girls have found lovely boyfriends and husbands here.

I have been living and working in Thailand for the past 5 years. I came over here with my Australian company as a Tour Leader, and have to admit that I really didn't like it when I first came over. Now, 5 years down the track, I have found a lovely man, still love what I do for a living, and am really enjoying the job that I do.

It's not easy living over here and doing the job that I do. Many people suggest that I am on permanent holiday, but I can only take this as a compliment as it must appear to them that my job is easy. It's not. It has its days, but it certainly isn't 100% joy.

On the positive side, I have had the opportunity to meet some great people over here. From hilltribe people in the north who I see whilst trekking, to the gai yang lady in Bangkok, to the toothless fishermen in the south, they all have a story to tell and a big smile on their faces.

I hear people complain that things aren't the same as home, and the only thing I can say to those kind of people is to go back home. The things that drive me crazy about the Thai people also endear them to me. Why do they insist on stopping at the top of the escalator? Why do they get into the elevator before everyone has got out? Why is a zebra crossing not a zebra crossing here? Who knows! Buy in the big scheme of things, does it really matter and does it affect your life so much that you can't see the funny side of it?

I love Thailand. I can't see myself living anywhere else.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! Am new to this forum, My fiance and I are considering moving to thailand (phuket) from New Zealand after a short trial period Of course! was wondering if anybody here has any advise, warnings or thoughts for me on what it may be like as a european woman in Thailand, I am only 21 and quite nervous about the big move. :o