Government drive urges foreign tourists not to buy fake goods

webfact

I purchased a michael korrs watch as a present for someone last year through Google certified shops programme. So an online purchase and I chose the number 1 result which at time was JB watch shop. This is in the UK btw. I had purchased the exact same watch a year before from John Lewis in Stratford centre london. My mrs worked as a QC controller for Swatch in thailand years ago. Just my luck. The 2nd watch turned out to be fake. The only differential was the pins inside the bracelet. MK confirmed it was fake. Google CS refunded me at my own cost of service. Google certified shops provide upto £1000 no quibble refund per person per lifetime. They don't care that they contributed to counterfeiting. To be number 1 on Google for MK and to be google certified shop I am advised you need to be selling 500 units of stock a month. Wonder how many are fake and have no idea.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I believe the authorities got it right this time. Pirating is a criminal enterprise and the customer should also be fined and many are arriving in their home countries with pirated DVD 's however the authorities should be doing more especially in MBK and pantip where deep in their bowels there is a machine spitting out tens of thousands of DVD's.. Can't be that hard to find!

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

It the Thai thing again,put it on the tourists.for one shop closed down 1,000s of fakes are taken off the streets but that's too much like hard work.to stop this trade you need to go for the big fish not ask the tourists to stop buying.its also the way to keep getting the payoffs for the future.they need to be seen doing something so asking tourists not to buy fakes sorts that problem out then.

On 19/12/2016 at 8:19 PM, Bluespunk said:

As a child I did things I now view as wrong. 

As a teenager I did worse. 

I've learnt the difference between right and wrong. 

If we all did and acted as we did as children we would be a pretty pathetic species. 

Worthless in fact. 

Luckily we are able to grow  and develop a 

On 19/12/2016 at 8:19 PM, Bluespunk said:

As a child I did things I now view as wrong. 

As a teenager I did worse. 

I've learnt the difference between right and wrong. 

If we all did and acted as we did as children we would be a pretty pathetic species. 

Worthless in fact. 

Luckily we are able to grow  and develop a conscience. 

Careful BS, part of your post comes uncomfortably close to describing Thai people.