Mind the Gap - superstar Thai singer ties the knot with Dutch guy twenty years her junior

webfact

1 hour ago, elgordo38 said:

Like your style. Pigtails part did not mean to offend. Merry Christmas to you and yours. Lets hope we both reach the end of 2017 its going to be one hellva ride. New friends will be made some old ones will go. I lost 3 this year starting to feel ancient at times. I like TV on balance most guys are great some in a constant state of flux but hey you take the good with the bad and roll with the punches. We are all passengers on spaceship Earth. Take care. 

Thanks, and same goes back to you and your loved ones. Unfortunately, most of the news from Europe have something to do with the death of somebody I loved. Yep, we're all on the same spaceship called earth.It's sad that some just don't get that.

I've lost a few more good people and look forward to a more relaxed 2017. Even when all signs point in the opposite direction. Positive thinking helps a lot in a world full of questions. 

Stay happy, healthy and wealthy. It's always great to read your words, thanks a lot. Merry Christmas and a Happy Mia Noi. (  Was always the New Year's Wish of my ex- assistant director.) :smile:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Stone Inscription 1 said:

I am sure she will be happier than in her first marriage. Sunaree is an outstanding singer and a wonderful personality. I met her for dinner and a concert in Khao Yai a few years ago. A very nice lady indeed. 

IMG_0973.JPG

Is that you with her? 

17 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

It is not appropriate to exploit  those who are feeble minded, i.e those who have intellectual disabilities.

Not really. It was an honest statement  Perhaps one day, this 28 year old male will find love with  the entertainer's children. 

Forrest Gump looked happy, and  many people with a lobotomy looked happy. looks cabn be deceiving.

The only people who say that are older folks chasing after youngsters.

My wife is 4 years younger than me and I agree age is only a number and I'm not an older folk

8 hours ago, onthesoi said:

Yes, I need you to explain why it's different(which you still haven't done) and how this leads you to believe..what was you said ? ...."I predict the guy will become disenchanted in short order." 

You appear to have lost track of the conversation, I suggest you re-read the thread!

Capture.JPG

ps

You do know they have been together for 4 years already right? ...already outliving the majority of "older man/younger woman couple" type relationships?

Hows that prediction of yours doing now? 555

How long have they been married?  That's what we're talking about.

20 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

What's the big deal?  If they're happy, good for them. Look around at all the old white guys married to Thai women 20 years, and more, younger than they are, yet that never makes the news.  And, no, I'm not one of them.  I'm 67, my wife is 57, and we've been doing just fine for the past 10 years come January. 

No one said it's a "big deal".  It'll last about as long as a photo flash.  But the masses seem to live for anything celebrity-related (one can say they don't get it, but there's no denying it).   'Big money in covering whatever the big names are up to apparently.

35 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

How long have they been married?  That's what we're talking about.

Right ...so you're predicting that now they are married(after being together for 4 years) "the guy will become disenchanted in short order" ?

Your strange prediction is based on what exactly?

Edited by onthesoi

1 hour ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

I swear I read the same story here on TV about a year ago.

You did, there's a link earlier in the thread, IIRC it was June this year.

EDIT It was July and that time it was the marriage registration, this time it looks like the ceremonial thingy.

I too am one of those rare beasties, a farang with an older Thai wife, not 20 years older but still older. She was already a granny when I married her :)

I think that it is totally acceptable for Asians to take Caucasians aka farangs 20 or 30 years younger than themselves as mates considering the fact that caucasians age faster physically and go down hill faster.Have you seen caucasinas in their late thirties or forties? Compare a 30 year old Aisan guy with a 30 year old Caucasian guy and the same for 40 year olds and 50 year olds, you will get my point.

This is a ridiculous non-starter.  The vast majority of men here are with girls 20 years or more younger than them.  Why does it matter when it's reversed?  I'm happy with my wife being my age though, at least our maturity matches.

6 hours ago, The man from udon said:

Yes a super star in where? Her village or this bubble they live in.shes hardly,Adele,Madona,Beyoncé material.

Umm, where, let's see. Maybe here in Thailand, you think ?

To Thais she's a super star. Thais don't compare her with your line up, so to them she is a super star.

Get my drift ?

1 hour ago, malt25 said:

Umm, where, let's see. Maybe here in Thailand, you think ?

To Thais she's a super star. Thais don't compare her with your line up, so to them she is a super star.

Get my drift ?

Ok maybe the head line should of been...famous thai singer,rather than super star.I think the words super star relate to an internationally famous performer or artist.in other words,my wife is the best karaoke singer in the village and everyone loves her.does she get the super star status for this.

19 minutes ago, The man from udon said:

Ok maybe the head line should of been...famous thai singer,rather than super star.I think the words super star relate to an internationally famous performer or artist.in other words,my wife is the best karaoke singer in the village and everyone loves her.does she get the super star status for this.

the singer is perceived as a star within thailand by thai people but not an internationally known star. the story is about a guy marrying in thailand.

sek loso and labanoon may not be highly recognized international stars but are recognized as being proficient good musicians in general.   why does one need to be an international star ? to be recognized by tv ??

5 minutes ago, atyclb said:

the singer is perceived as a star within thailand by thai people but not an internationally known star. the story is about a guy marrying in thailand.

sek loso and labanoon may not be highly recognized international stars but are recognized as being proficient good musicians in general.   why does one need to be an international star ? to be recognized by tv ??

Sorry but she don't deserve the status as a super star,you even mention her as a star in you reply.to me she is a famous Thai singer and she only famous to me for marrying farang 20 years her junior,before that I've never heard of her.if it helps I will call her a star but this is a farang forum read by farang and when I read about a super star I expect to be reading about Robert de Niro,sylvester Stallone or even Suzanne Boyle,not a old Thai singer who's got the hots for young farang.lets face it he's a young bloke who could have lots of women his own age but is on to a good little number here.he even met her in sukhumvit where she was probably singing in a bar that night.

15 hours ago, fekman said:

Mother of god, my ears were just raped. My neighbors dogs started barking upon hearing this.....one was even growling......

I'm with the dogs on this one. 46 seconds was all I could endure before being overcome with the desire to headbutt walls.

Pleasant enough singing voice I suppose, but Christ, that music...

13 hours ago, Stone Inscription 1 said:

I am sure she will be happier than in her first marriage. Sunaree is an outstanding singer and a wonderful personality. I met her for dinner and a concert in Khao Yai a few years ago. A very nice lady indeed. 

IMG_0973.JPG

How can you know that any girl is nice if you haven't tried her in bed ?

2 hours ago, The man from udon said:

Sorry but she don't deserve the status as a super star,you even mention her as a star in you reply.to me she is a famous Thai singer and she only famous to me for marrying farang 20 years her junior,before that I've never heard of her.if it helps I will call her a star but this is a farang forum read by farang and when I read about a super star I expect to be reading about Robert de Niro,sylvester Stallone or even Suzanne Boyle,not a old Thai singer who's got the hots for young farang.lets face it he's a young bloke who could have lots of women his own age but is on to a good little number here.he even met her in sukhumvit where she was probably singing in a bar that night.

What's  wrong with" The man from udon's" problem that he doesn't understand basic knowledge about this country.

I've just run into an old friend I've met more than 15 years ago in his pub in Sisaket, where his career basically started.

He was a teacher at that time and a great musician. After many -for Thais, but also a few foreigners- well-known songs, he became a superstar.

You might have heard many of his songs before if you're not living in your mom's basement in Hamburg. 

He made and still does concerts all over Thailand and a lot of people love his music, buy his new albums, etc..

Your example of Hollywood actors really suckz.  

เสถียร ทำมือ ( stable hand made) is my friend, a Thai superstar and it's always a pleasure to meet him. Which part don't you get? 

20161213_131229.jpg

DSC01627.JPG

Edited by lostinisaan

1 minute ago, amjamj said:

In Thailand anybody who sung in a Karaoke on have been 1 time on TV is a superstar...

They have just the ridiculous superstars that they deserve !

I hope that you don't live here. Your post is insane.