Yingluck urges Thais to give rices as new year gifts

webfact

15541299_1431399390237845_18852801201127

BANGKOK: -- Former prime minister Ms Yingluck Shinawatra today urged Thai people to give rices as new year gifts.

Posting on her Facebook page today, Ms Yingluck said in addition to assisting farmers by buying their rices and eating more rices, another way is to make rice as new year gifts in giving happiness to each other on New Year.

Hence, she said this year’s new year gifts couldn’t be anything but rice bought directly from farmers.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/yingluck-urges-thais-give-rices-new-year-gifts/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-12-19

3 minutes ago, webfact said:

3 minutes ago, webfact said:

Hence, she said this year’s new year gifts couldn’t be anything but rice bought directly from farmers.

From Prime Minister to Facebook rice flogger. 

Oh how the mighty fall. 

Hope she is very uncomfortable & unhappy in her new role of nothingness. 

Please help Yinluck sell the still stockpiled mountains of rice from her failed rice price program.   If these mountains of rice can all get sold then maybe the govt will stop trying to cease billions of baht of her personal assets.  Help bring Yinluck a Happy New Year.

If anybody wants to buy some cheap rice, the fresh harvest of mom and dad in law just came in.

Please page me how many kg you'd like. 

Oops, I forgot to update my Farcebook page. 

Edited by lostinisaan

7 minutes ago, johng said:

Are you sure they weren't fake farmers ?

Fake monks and fake farmers, plus fake goods and fake orgasms. 

The hub of fake...................

If I were Yingluck I'd keep my dirty fingers away from any rice. 

Edited by lostinisaan

Thats a change from asking Thais to hoard the rice and then flog mouldy rice at a loss.  Ill look forward to a nice bundle of rice when I unwrap my Christmas presents and Ill make sure Santa fills my kids sock with rice too Yinluck.  He will be stoked.  :passifier:

5 hours ago, JAG said:

Looking good isn't she chaps?
:):):)

Getting a bit old now but still the Shin pretty. None of those younger nieces, cousins or in-laws have been groomed yet.

Still, at least you respect her for her brilliant political mind and not just her billionaire good looks! ;-)

The word rice is a collective noun

2 hours ago, lucky11 said:

If she means give different types then that is technically correct.

Don't know what you mean by "technically". Rice is a collective noun, used for both the singular and plural form. Rices does not sound nices, even when spoken by womens.

Ychild: Mommy, mommy! Can I have a new smart phone for Christmas?!

Mother: No. You're getting a sack of rice my dear child. 

Kid: Ah, but mom...

Mother: No buts Somchai. Our minds are made up and that's that!

5 hours ago, Pib said:

Please help Yinluck sell the still stockpiled mountains of rice from her failed rice price program.   If these mountains of rice can all get sold then maybe the govt will stop trying to cease billions of baht of her personal assets.  Help bring Yinluck a Happy New Year.

She didn't want to be PM. It came from her brother. She was a pawn used by her brother to get back the money which was taken 5 years before. She is already rich, has a family and friends. The brother ruined her life. Please think about that.

And yes, she could have said no; but big brother only told her what she needed to know. Very Sad.

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

Getting a bit old now but still the Shin pretty. None of those younger nieces, cousins or in-laws have been groomed yet.

Still, at least you respect her for her brilliant political mind and not just her billionaire good looks! ;-)

Oh I dont think she has a brilliant political mind, but I don't think she is stupid either. I certainly don't dismiss her as a vacuous airhead.

She may lack the chiselled manly features of the current pair of one time lean mean steely eyed dealers of death, but she is certainly aging well. I wouldn't climb over her to get to you, which probably comes as a tremendous relief to both of us!

:smile: