High blood pressure and food

JGV

Can anyone help me with low salt products particularly

Salt free bread and low salt sauces - example tomato sauce, soy sauce , oyster sauce

Anywhere in Pattaya that can sell low salt products like this

John

Is Soy Sauce not salty?

Same with Oyster sauce?

I looked them up on the net and they say they are salty.

But Makro and BigC sell oyster sauce.

Most places including 7/11 sell Soy sauce.

As an aside.....

If you had high blood pressure in your own country, fair enough. If it has been discovered here I'd be wary. True blood pressure is when your arm is level with your heart while they take your BP. Here, they rarely put your arm level with your heart and it can screw the results. I know because I had high BP here and when back home it was normal. That is when I discovered about having your arm level with your heart..

BUT, I am no expert. Ask in the Health column.

Stay away from soy sauce, it's bascially liquid salt. I am on low sodium/salt diet myself. The best options I've come up with is fresh lemon or lime in place of salt. Also tabasco sauce helps. It sucks at first but you get used to it after awhile. 

Villa Market has some low sodium products. As for soy, kikkoman makes both a reduced sodium and a light soy.

It's also easy to make your own sauces.  Esp tomato sauce. All you need is a recipe. A burner and a pot. 

As I have said before Thai Food is DEFINETLY not healthy...

loaded with Salt, Sugar, Syrup, Soy Sauce....., Fish Sauce.

i have seen Low Sodium products in Central, so you can buy them...

i m so aware now of what I eat here in Thailand......, always refuse there Dressings on a Salad, as they are loaded too......

7 hours ago, Rob13 said:

Stay away from soy sauce, it's bascially liquid salt. I am on low sodium/salt diet myself. The best options I've come up with is fresh lemon or lime in place of salt. Also tabasco sauce helps. It sucks at first but you get used to it after awhile. 

And avoid Nam Pla (Fish Sauce), that is nearly 100% salt, and if it helps go and see it being made, that will put you off it for life...

I had chronic high blood pressure not easily treatable with the normal hypertension meds, and made worse by salty foods which I love. Now I take a Hydrochlorothiazide tab once a day and can eat whatever I want. 

Archived