house for my wife

I paid a deposit for a house and my wife got a loan for 3 million. we have been here for 2 years and i want to know if i pay the loan off do i have any rights as her husband with the house. it is in her name but if she sells it for any reason can i get any amount of.money back such as through the divorce process. its very unlikley she would do this and im not interested in comments about this. what are my options about ownership and risk?

I agree with the above. The only consideration is that if you get divorced and she a. doesn't have the money to buy you out, and b. resists selling the property then it will be a considerable time before you are paid out.

If the land is in her family's village it may never sell.

Think of how it would work out in your own country with all the legal processes and fees.  Then multiply the "difficulty" factor by ten (or more) to allow for the language barrier (real or contrived) and the totally unfamiliar legal processes.   Do you really want to tackle that?  Sometimes it's better to cut your losses and walk away, and save the cost of a heart-bypass ;)

You never said you live in a village. Who would?

One thing to remember is that if she dies, then you can get everything, including the land. However, the land has to be sold within a certain time. If you have decent lawyer, it isn't a problem.

19 minutes ago, jpinx said:

Think of how it would work out in your own country with all the legal processes and fees.  Then multiply the "difficulty" factor by ten (or more) to allow for the language barrier (real or contrived) and the totally unfamiliar legal processes.   Do you really want to tackle that?  Sometimes it's better to cut your losses and walk away, and save the cost of a heart-bypass ;)

I certainly wouldn't walk away from over 3 million baht. Legal costs are very cheap here.

3 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

I certainly wouldn't walk away from over 3 million baht. Legal costs are very cheap here.

True, but the hoops you need to jump through in slightly different circumstances are sometimes unfathomable.  What would happen if the load was *not* repaid and the wife died?  What happens if the loan is *not* repaid and a divorce is on the cards? A lot will depend on who owns the land. A lot will depend on if the house is next door to MiL. Etc Etc..  The permutations are endless, so better to deal with the reality when it arrives.  Having a bankloan involved is actually a bit of a safety-net -- unless the bank manager is also the brother-in-law :)