New Hamburger Joint Maerim Plaza

evenstevens

in answer to  CW KIWI,S  requested  opinion of the new Hamburger joint  that has recently opened in MaerimPlaza,  ( so far  without,  being a punter )    will  sadly struggle bigtime,due to

just selling Hamburgers as  their flagship, and for a multitude of reasons,   the   Plaza ,  has  poor  record of foodlets, etc etc   going tits up,  ,and being next door to Simon,s joint  is  no help in securing some passing trade at all

from  gallopping by, it appears to me, that business is slack at the best of times,  but will try it out in due course,and use S..O..T..D.  super  pork hamburger with chips at 170 baht, as a benchmark,and that

will take some beating

its a Deep Purple good morning to all

I hadn't spotted the new place but it might be worth a try, whether or not they are successful depends on their product - I know a small cheapy hamburger joint in Pai where the burgers are better than many speciality restaurants.

Yes it is a hard road for anyone trying to open a new food venture in Mae Rim plaza.  As a customer I welcome them for trying, but there is so much competition and if you don't get local Thais into your shop then you will be hard pressed to make a living.

From what Ive been told their burgers are good, I haven't tried them yet but if they are anything like the ones at Papa Rocks (Hang Dong area) then that's a plus in my book.

Ive also noted there are a few more new shops in the food court area, another plus.  Its taking a while for the food market to fill up behind the food court and I expect it will remain that way until the early morning market closes down (The one on the main road).  Word has it that the owner of the main road market isn't that healthy and the vultures are circling in order to snap up some prime real estate.

I'm glad Ray (STOD) changed his set menu a while back. It was over due IMO.  Let it Be still serves a wicked lamb shank and the new 99 baht mookatar place in what was House of Wine seems to be a roaring trade.  However once the opening special of 99 baht disappears we shall see if it can still survive.

Tuesday today so its a market day at the Plaza from about 3pm.   Its a great Pink Floyd day to one and all!

The burgers are quite good and the 'Aussie Pie' was good too.The young Thai girl provided good service however it took over 30 minutes to receive our meal and we were the only 2 customers. We ordered 2 glasses of decent quality wine (about 200 Baht) which were unfortunately served in cheap tumblers.

Just prior to opening the Australian owner was seen/heard abusing a Thai guy who was attempting to erect an awning outside the restaurant. His verbal,abusive rant was poor form.  Not cool.

good one cobber,s

22 hours ago, CMKiwi said:

A Jon English evening.....not too sure if that's a good or bad thing!

But I've had a pretty good Radiators evening..... Glad they finally gave their joint a name

9 hours ago, bloody tiger said:

when it goes belly up, it'll be an Exploding White Mice evening to you all

6 hours ago, Sandy Freckle said:

Maybe I'll venture out that way during the next LOS visit.
..., and a 'Lubricated Goat' good afternoon to all and sundry !

3 great calls cobbers,

E/S call for Bistro  8 ,is

Journey  (play Queen off the break),and just made Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2017,

its  a Steve Perry good evening to all

44 minutes ago, Sandy Freckle said:

Yeah..., but.., what about the burgers..., are they any good and is the p*** cold and of a decent brand ? 

Right, 15 posts and only one tried the food, very informative.

And a "What the <deleted>" morning to all the beautiful maerimites.

29 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

Right, 15 posts and only one tried the food, very informative.

And a "What the <deleted>" morning to all the beautiful maerimites.

lighten up a bit  cobber, its Chrissy tomorrow

besides

its  a Hamburger Thread

instead of taking pot shots at a bit of music sense of humour thrown into the thread, take a graze  at Bistro 8  and find out yourself

its a  R.E.O. Speedwaggon , good  Xmas Eve morning to all