Notifying Immigration That Aliens Are In Your Home

27 minutes ago, geisha said:

Hi all, so when I arrive in Thailand tomorrow at a new condo rental ( first time stay) for 2 and a half months , the office has to do a TM30 , and I have to go to Jomtien immigration also within 24 hours ? I will be doing a 30 day extension in two months there. Will the office give me the necessary papers concerning this? I don't fancy paying 5000 baht as states in the above post for an error. Thanks.

If the condo office, or the owner, submit a tm30, you would not need to go to immigration within 24 hours. Most condo management do not submit TM30s and are not required to, they are not the house master. Hotels and apartments (whole building has one owner) are usually set up to report.

Probably best to submit your own TM30 after you arrive, so the later extension is ok.

1 hour ago, YAHF said:
Asking at the desk I told the young lady that I would like to register a change of address to which she gave me a form to fill in indicating to go next door & copy the info from previous people, I returned said paper & she then directed me upstairs to immigration housing, another young lady asked can I help you so I told her the same thing handing her the completed form, the first thing she gave me see attached Notification of Residence followed by a list of things to copy, she immediately told me its a 5000 TB fine + 200 TB / day for NOT informing them within 24 hours.
Whoooo there I said I haven’t moved yet, I’m just trying to be all legal here & don’t know how to go about it, she told me that most Thai’s have no idea about informing immigration about ALIENS staying in their property, OK I said I’ll go away & get the required copies of paperwork. Oh by the way I asked, do I have to inform you if I pay a visit to my ladies family home in Kalasin for 7 or 10 days, NO she said as you will still be Thailand, I came away even more confused.

I'm not clear on what the young lady at the desk in Jomtien Immigrations wanted you to do -- "copy the info from previous people" ??? -- but I was surprised by what happened upstairs.

I moved last Saturday from Hua Hin to Jomtien, so on Monday (first day they were open after my move, so think I qualified for notifying them "within 24 hours"?) I asked at front desk at Immigrations about what form to fill out if I just moved to Jomtien from Hua Hin. The girl handed me a TM.30 and told me to complete it and go upstairs.

I had gone prepared with my chanote (condo title) and Blue Book.  They were not interested in the chanote (which has my name on it) but only wanted a copy of the Blue Book front page (which does not have my name on it.)  They made copies of my passport cover page, TM.6 and entry stamp, and my current retirement extension for THB50.  I know I could have had it done cheaper at the copy shop, but for convenience sake, I contributed to their tea fund.

Upstairs I had made no reference as to when I had moved to Jomtien, so they had no way to know if I were reporting "on time" (within 24 hours) or late.  Absolutely was not an issue.

They stapled the TM.30 receipt next to the TM.30 receipt already in my passport from when I filed it in Hua Hin.  My passport is becoming a file cabinet of receipts.

• Like 2

Taking the bull by the horns I've printed out both TM28 and TM30 forms, at every stop on my journey through the Kingdom I intend to complete and submit, by mail, both forms! Over Christmas, New Year it should suggest 10-15 forms into the Nan office as I intend to travel within my home province!

I look forward to a future of complete compliance of all forms required by the bureaucracy!  :wai::passifier:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ianf said:

Come to think of it: If every 'alien' here followed the procedure exactly as required by law then the whole system would totally break down as Immigration would be overwhelmed. Shall we create a fun scenario?

Thats what I did.. At the start of this (my landlord lived in Switzerland and they would not let me do a TM30 for my landlord).. I just popped into the immigration office every 2 or 3 days.. Oh hi I am back.. Back again.. Me again.. am back.. Until they admitted it was just a farce.. 

Even fun things like.. Been away (but we have no hotel record) you mean the park rangers at the national park didnt do a TM30 for me.. better fine them, I was there 48 hours and its a farang price ticket. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, ukrules said:

I wouldn't bother at all.

yeah, this post has my head spinning,,,,,,,,,,,,,I visit people all over country and never have they reported me,  I just  email the a cpy of my pspt age and visa stamp if they ask for it.  If I am breaking the law, so be it, been doing this for 40 years

• Like 1

Yes more on this headache! Just wanna know where I stand. I still live and work in Oz, like to come on holiday here maybe 3/4 times a year on Visa exempt.

Have rented one bed apartment in. Condo complex and paid years rent in advance so can store bit of luggage and use as my base on visits!

What the hell am I supposed to submit form wise, and do I take to immigration ( I'm no good with online stuff!)

"OR" am I better forgetting about it and acting dumb!

PS, have got bank account here with over million baht, but if I'm facing regular harassment and "fines!" Maybe better righting this place off! They don't seem to help much even when your bringing in money to spend here!

pps How? Do you smile here with this kind of BS happening all time!

• Like 1

I did never, in 40+ years of living in Thailand, fill out any forms like TM 28 or TM30 or whatever.

Never got asked for these by Immigration, not at he airport or wherever, only do my 90 days reporting.

My Thai wife is laughing her head off, she even asked the Immigration if she could do the 90 days reporting for me, reply was "no problem, can do".

20 hours ago, Happy Days xx said:

I'm also worried now... last week I had 2 aliens stay with me.  

I think they were aliens as the developed 2 heads after we drank copious amounts of Thai whisky and Singha beer.

They have left my house now and I don't think they passed through immigration when they left Thailand as their spaceship was hidden behind a big 'bush' belonging to a massage girl.

I think they were from Mars.

I worried if I tell immigration they will not take me seriously?

... so I think better I drink another bottle of Thai whisky and try and forget about everything!

Thanking you all for letting me share my plight with you.

Yuletide felicitations x 

Who you gonna call?..................GHOST BUSTERS ! 

my TV finish in 31 december , and i need to go chiang mai immigration, for 30 day more before go to make new visa 

i did not do tm 28 or 30  until i come living here in 25 november  so  what gonna happend , they will fine me or just let it be , because  if they fine me i prefer go to chiang khong  go lao and come back with 30 day  more cheaper lool 

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 8:58 PM, A1Str8 said:

Just stay in hotels that way the hotel is required to report the alien. But don't check in under your own name. Have a friend who will check in and you will just casually walk in and stay in the rented room. 

Why not check in under your own name? What has the OP stated that he has done that would make it a bad idea to use his own name?

My alien was very nice, he kept asking me to "phone home". I called Immigration to ask if he needed a TM30, the next day they came round, cuffed him, and threw him in jail, because he didn't have any ET money. Poor little guy.