Foreigner Allegedly Beaten and Left on Walking Street

webfact

24 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

Of course the standard reply. 

"Officers say they will investigate the incident and are concerned for the good image of Thailand".

Couldn't care less for the bloke with his face bashed in. Mainly concerned and upset about the "good" image of Thailand. 

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Officers say they will investigate the incident and are concerned for the good image of Thailand. "

I am surprised that nobody said they are concerned about the health of the man.

Clearly shows their priority.

When I look at that foto things like fractured skull, brain hemorrhage, ruptured spleen or liver, rib fractures come to my mind

Edited by sweatalot

28 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

To me, Pattaya hasn't had a "good image" since the last time I was there.  June 1970. 

:sorry:

ive lived in pattaya for 17 years, its a good place to live if you live in a descent village go to descent places alone or with your lady and in your home by 10pm,

being a cheap charlie these days, I rarely go to walking street, the gogo's r all the same, pretty lame, i do my drinks now at 7-11 pay as i go, see what i wanna see then disappear into the night...wealthier and no issues with the bars :smile:

Just now, dunroaming said:

I suspect many of the people on Walking Street don't want the world to know what goes on there!

Very simple solution. Stay  away from Walking Street. I buy beer at 7-11 and drink it in my condo. I have yet to be beaten up by a store clerk. If I need companionship, my elderly, 37 year old girlfriend fills the bill quite nicely, when she's not working 12 hour shifts.

Just another night in a red light tourist district in Thailand. I've been coming to Thailand for 20 years and lived here for 6 years. Violence against foreigners is definitely getting worse. Thai men dislike foreigners and tourists because they have more disposable income and they dont like like to see a foreigner with a Thai girl. Most of these bouncers are scum just waiting for an opportunity to exert viloence. And there is always a pack of them. If you refuse or question the bin in these places you are asking for trouble. If you are not familiar with a bar or club pay as you go. 

1 hour ago, elgordo38 said:

I am  home safely in bed in my trouble free zone. 

Yup.  One more data point.  The wee hours are for sleeping.  

I can't help but wonder why more people haven't discovered getting up early and wandering around before the hung-over hoards arrive.  Then hitting the hay before they get drunk, unruly and obnoxious.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Officers say they will investigate the incident and are concerned for the good image of Thailand.

Since when do the doings on Walking Street in Pattaya reflect on the good image of Thailand?  That city's notorious reputation is known worldwide. 

6 minutes ago, Lex Talionis said:

Since when do the doings on Walking Street in Pattaya reflect on the good image of Thailand?  That city's notorious reputation is known worldwide. 

Ya big silly.  The "incident" they'll be investigating is how those damaging photos got out into the social media.  The foreigner?  He's on his own.

Edited by impulse

2 hours ago, Irishrogue said:

Allegedly Beaten.

There is absolutely no doubt that he was beaten, the only doubt that can exist is who perpetrated the beating.

"the only doubt that can exist is who perpetrated the beating. Who?? you mean how many carried out the beating.

1 hour ago, NextStationBangkok said:

This is not just  wounds and bruises , it looks like brutal attack and attempted murder of a foreigner. :shock1:

I hope international new agencies will show this the world what is going on in Walking street ?

I am not making up excuses for the Thais who are responsible for the beating, but gangs of them do not turn on single Farangs for no reason.

1 hour ago, up-country_sinclair said:

OK, I know I'm going to get a lot of flack for this, but people shouldn't be surprised that this sort of thing can happen on Pattaya's walking street at 3 am.  By no means am I stating or implying that this poor guy deserved what happened to him, but he was engaging in risky behavior and sometimes there are unfair consequences.

Alcohol + Pattaya's walking street+3 am= the potential for a bad outcome.  

People do it because it's not available in their countries and they want to have fun.  But,  there's a reason it's not available in their counties:  It's very often not safe.

When was the last time you were in WS at 3am? - or even many of the other sanctimonious posters on here. I would suggest it is riskier on a bike or crossing the road here.

Yes of course you could have problems - as you could anywhere at 3am in the morning especially if you forget yourself........... I however know many foreigners who are out and about at that time and later and do not seem to have any issues. :smile:

There appear to be a large number of incredibly obtuse postings here. Sad but typical that the main concern was for the image of Thailand, and clearly obvious that the farang had been severely beaten. With the number of witnesses, plus the story of the victim, it should not be difficult to find the perpetrators.

1 hour ago, yogi100 said:

I'm in Pattaya at present and it's the slowest high season I've ever seen. If scenes like the one in the opening post start getting distributed in the press of the civilised world it can only have a detrimental effect on future tourism.

At one time such crimes were expected in places like Brazil but these day it's getting all too common in the LOS. I'm elderly and have never had a problem with Thai men but in recent years I'm getting rather nervous when in their vicinity. That was never the case years ago.

The "years ago" you are talking about, I don't think there were nearly as many drunks fly abroad for their holidays the way they do today. Now you get the drunken, shaven headed, shirtless, tattooed, loud mouthed scum, causing trouble in tourist areas.

If you behave yourself and stay sober in Thailand, there is hardly any chance of any violence against you.

He's had a good kicking, looks like got cut or small stab wound to stomach too.
Being seriously p1ssed and out at 3am is not a smart or fun thing in thailand, lot of resentment drugs and just bad people in society these days as the hip-hop gang culture takes hold. See a lot more violence thai on thai these days too .

29 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I am not making up excuses for the Thais who are responsible for the beating, but gangs of them do not turn on single Farangs for no reason.

Who knows?
Maybe to much Yabaa?
A wrong word?

A misunderstanding?

They sell the tourists without end drinks, but are unable to deal later with the drunks.
The doormen are not trained in anti escalation and are not trained at all.
There are almost always little gangsters and thugs.
And always in the group against an individual.
This is the image nothing else.