Immigration are circling my classroom - what can I do?

i was wondering when the op was going to BITE ? calling me ASININE.STUPID,FOOLISH,BRAINLESS,ABSURD,ECT ECT ECT.

well i shant post anymore but you do seem to have a split personality.

so i wont say no more,just look after yourself.

2 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Nice story but nothing about why you didn't start a regular business, pay your taxes and get the licenses. You could get a degree in those 16 years if you had made a bit of an effort. You had money for land and a house but didn't bother to start an official school. No sympathy what so ever over here goodbye.

I got the impression the OP was posting here in an effort to get general advice, not sympathy. Nagging about how a person should have done this or that 16 years ago is pointless and irritating.

Regarding taxes: Millions of Thai people run small businesses without paying tax. We have no idea of the OP's turnover, but it's unlikely he was over the tax paying threshold.

• Like 2

To me you have admitted that you have done wrong, which in no way do I condone by the way, but as you said you have already closed the class down.

am I not right in saying that you actually need to be caught working to be deemed as working illegally. (unless there is photographic evidence then not sure if hearsay could be classed as proof)

i think the only way you will know if anything is going to happen will be at your next 90 day report, if nothing comes of that then obviously the next step is trying to legalize your service,  if you can't do that then I guess your class is finished for good.

hope you can find an amicable solution for your situation.

Edited by Doiger
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tropo said:

Regarding taxes: Millions of Thai people run small businesses without paying tax. We have no idea of the OP's turnover, but it's unlikely he was over the tax paying threshold.

Didnt he buy a house/land and pay for numerous family members to go to school and university with the proceeds from his school?

He must have had quite a large income, supplemented by non payment of taxes

• Like 1

When my wife and I opened our business, majority owned by her as a Thai, and I got my work permit to work for her, we were told that only two Thai employees were required, and she as Managing Director could be one of them.

The rules may be different for schools, I don't know.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Classic Ray said:

When my wife and I opened our business, majority owned by her as a Thai, and I got my work permit to work for her, we were told that only two Thai employees were required, and she as Managing Director could be one of them.

The rules may be different for schools, I don't know.

Was this a registered company meeting capital requirements?

On 26/12/2016 at 5:05 AM, JackThompson said:

Was this a registered company meeting capital requirements?

Is there not a well known method for avoiding the capital requirements by "buying" into a newly/presently formed company owned solely by Thais who then "sell" 49% to farang alleviating the cap requirements?

• Like 1

Reading all this, who will blame falangs using agents to do all their visa work? Just had a dinner here in Manila with a retired Swede, who is living in Pattaya since 5 years. He needed either a Thai bank account nor any proven income to get his visa. Never visited the immigration office in 5 years! Everything can be arranged for a price, also the 90 days reporting or a re-entry permit. As a retiree just relax, lean back and have a drink.

Munotlaw 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, JustAnotherFarang said:

OP here.  Just wanted to take the time and the opportunity to thank the many posters who have offered constructive advice.

I have taken all of this on board and have already approached the education department and the work department to begin proceedings to ensure that when I reopen I will fulfill all the requirements regarding paying taxes, obtaining a work permit and becoming a law abiding operator.  Hindsight is indeed a wonderful thing to possess after the fact and whilst I can easily see the error of my ways it must also be said that the foresight I used to communicate with the kind posters here has been extremely beneficial.  You have been of great help with your advice and I also want to thank the many people who have also written to my personally with the kind and wise words that they offered me.   I owe you all a great debt of gratitude and thanks for guiding me through what was a difficult and stressful situation for me and my family.

Thank you

JAF 

You have shown more class and grace than many obnoxious members here gleefully cheering on the authorities to throw you in the slammer and ruin your life.

• Like 1

Since the OP seems to be satisfied with the info posted in the topic and people just cannot resist to continue haranguing him (posts removed) it is now closed.

If the OP would like to post again he can contact me by PM to have it reopened.

:mfr_closed1:

• Like 2